Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Claimed things and inactive people  (Read 10204 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Claimed things and inactive people
« on: May 01, 2015, 02:02:24 AM »

So what happens to claimed items if someone leaves?

This does NOT include custom items made by the person.

Let's use Bocc as an example. Say he left without giving the sword of kusanagi to anyone. What happens to it then? He didn't create it, but in rp his character had it.

How long after someone leaves does canon Naruto stuff go back on the market for others to claim?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Claimed things and inactive people
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 02:21:04 AM »

To me the claimed list is absolutely garbage and trash. >__>' Thats just me though.

Anywho, Athos was given the kusanagi from what I believe. But that does raise good concern for other items. I feel like the person leaving, usually hands down their items to some one; either oocly or icly before they officially leave. If not then such question arises! Maybe it could be that their items are left or passed down to the village or area they were in. Meaning it would be 'up for grabs' but only by those who are willing to seek it. That would be more fun than the constant name changing wars I witnessed in the Claimed List section. Also would add more legitimacy and validity into owning such claim. There can be a scavenger hunt or whatever, hosted by a GM to allow characters an opportunity to nab such.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 02:49:22 AM »

Usually it depends on the IC explanation (if any) for disappearance (death, travelling, etc.) but generally, if it is known that the player is not coming back anytime soon, the items go to the land of "the lost and the found", typically by those in the vicinity of the disappearing character's last known location. Sometimes, the gone character is CC'ed into granting the items if such a will can be claimed to have been made.

If the player just disappears without a trace (as in, logged in one day, didn't log in mysteriously for some time afterwards) then the items, by the nature of the claims list, immediately go back onto the market, but do not tend to change hands until someone claims the item for himself/herself and successfully backs up the claim, either with a logical appeal or with the aforementioned "lost and found" method.

You can claim whatever you want, but people don't tend to accept that you claim some missing person's stuff unless they have been MIA for at least a few weeks. However, that doesn't mean you can't start claiming stuff from day 1, just that you have to one way or another deal with those who challenge the claim, either wanting the item(s) for themselves or simply wanting to stand up for the absent party.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 05:01:53 AM »

I've even seen people claim items that someone actively has and uses.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 06:39:01 AM »

I was thinking of adding like a period of time. Like 1/4 year gone their items go up for grabs. 100 days or 3 months or 2 or something like that.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 08:02:17 AM »

I was thinking of adding like a period of time. Like 1/4 year gone their items go up for grabs. 100 days or 3 months or 2 or something like that.

I'm game for a 3 month expiration date. However, I'll add in that their items go to their clan, first.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 08:35:37 AM »

30 days
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »

Why should it go to the clan? Just because they were in it? That doesn't make sense.

And if they aren't in one then what?

Also 30 days seems a bit too short.  3 months/90 days seems better to me. Or even 60 for a middle ground.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 05:18:53 PM »

I don't see why you're making such a big fuss over this. My example is that I summon jellyfish and other sea beasties. The claims list has all the things I summon as 'claimed'. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop using them (since I've been using them since before a claimed list even existed).
If you're just interested in ONLY following the canon, then I can understand why you'd be a bit butthurt, but if you're really following the canon then you should just go all the way and not use any custom stuff (like custom jutsu/sage mode/whatever).
But if someone's away for a long time, then the item should be up for grabs and I think that as long as you have a good RP where your character finds the item, you can take it. If that person comes back to the game saying that they want their item back, then you guys can talk to each other about it. It's not like the canon stuff is that good compared to the custom stuff that's made anyway :/

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 05:50:50 PM »

I don't see why you're making such a big fuss over this. My example is that I summon jellyfish and other sea beasties. The claims list has all the things I summon as 'claimed'. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop using them (since I've been using them since before a claimed list even existed).
If you're just interested in ONLY following the canon, then I can understand why you'd be a bit butthurt, but if you're really following the canon then you should just go all the way and not use any custom stuff (like custom jutsu/sage mode/whatever).
But if someone's away for a long time, then the item should be up for grabs and I think that as long as you have a good RP where your character finds the item, you can take it. If that person comes back to the game saying that they want their item back, then you guys can talk to each other about it. It's not like the canon stuff is that good compared to the custom stuff that's made anyway :/

As for summons...
I have wolves from Taraka and Dart recently put that on his character that he had them as a summon. I mailed him and asked where he got wolves from and he said he had them years ago. I'm not going to stop him from using it cause he didn't have it listed. Now if it were someone who I knew for a fact didn't have this item or was new I would more than likely say no. That's not how it works.

This is about people going inactive with things. And as said custom things stay with their owner no matter what. I just see it as an rp killer. Like this guy has samehada and is inactive for 200 days and I really want to make a kisame character and I'm a super active rp'er. However this inactive person is hindering rp cause he claims something and doesn't want to let it go so he logs on every 5 days just to keep it or is off for 200 days. (example)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 06:13:25 PM »

Why should it go to the clan? Just because they were in it? That doesn't make sense.

Also 30 days seems a bit too short.  3 months/90 days seems better to me. Or even 60 for a middle ground.

Easier than trying to create a tournament for the item. Multiple people could claim to have found the item once the time expires.

If it is passed down in the clan, then at least an active member will have it and a way for someone to try and actively seek it out, steal it, etc.

By keeping it in the clan, it provides a firm point of appearance should the user exceed the agreed upon time limit. That's why I say clan.

If they don't have a clan, well, then I would have to say OOC tourney between those who really want the item. If they don't want to fight someone or don't want to be involved in the tourney, then they really don't want the item that badly.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 06:28:52 PM »

Easier than trying to create a tournament for the item. Multiple people could claim to have found the item once the time expires.

If it is passed down in the clan, then at least an active member will have it and a way for someone to try and actively seek it out, steal it, etc.

By keeping it in the clan, it provides a firm point of appearance should the user exceed the agreed upon time limit. That's why I say clan.

If they don't have a clan, well, then I would have to say OOC tourney between those who really want the item. If they don't want to fight someone or don't want to be involved in the tourney, then they really don't want the item that badly.

No. That creates shitty rp with people trying to kill each other over an item. Like the tailed beasts.

I'd like to say it's on a first come basis. Whoever starts the rp first with the item first.

Who in the clan would it go to? The kage and what if the kage wants the item no one else gets a shot at it? I just see a whole bunch of if's and there's never a solid statement that cuts everything out.

The best option I see is whoever notices it first and starts rp first is up to have it.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 06:54:31 PM »

It's always been first come first served. If you see any inactive users on the claimed list and notice it, you can take it. People do it all the time.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 06:59:21 PM »

It's always been first come first served. If you see any inactive users on the claimed list and notice it, you can take it. People do it all the time.

Has it? I've never noticed that.

I've seen people claim items that weren't claimed yet, but that's it.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »

I think if the character that claims is deleted by SL for inactivity (which is like...95 days?) then I think it's fair game. Not alot of people rp on public boards constantly, so you gotta think about them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.