Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Claimed things and inactive people  (Read 10138 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Claimed things and inactive people
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 10:03:06 PM »

I think if the character that claims is deleted by SL for inactivity (which is like...95 days?) then I think it's fair game. Not alot of people rp on public boards constantly, so you gotta think about them.

I don't know about 95 days. I've seen people's profiles who haven't been on in 116 days and they're still there.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »

Its 90 days I believe. Some people had theirs immortalized due to contributions to the site or other reasons.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »

Its 90 days I believe. Some people had theirs immortalized due to contributions to the site or other reasons.

Sure.....except;

I don't see how all these acads contributed at all. And this is only from one page. There's loads over 95 days old that are still there.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:59:22 PM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 11:20:22 PM »

Not sure on how that system works. Some people it's 95 days others it's 195 days.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 11:23:56 PM »

I think the system broke itself somehow and Neji never fixed it.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »

Seeing all these claims for stuff, rules for this, limiting certain jutsu to the 'strongest'. Makes me want to make a topic and list called "Everything wrong with SL RPing"

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 02:03:35 AM »

Seeing all these claims for stuff, rules for this, limiting certain jutsu to the 'strongest'. Makes me want to make a topic and list called "Everything wrong with SL RPing"
I know I'm not blind to it. I agree that there should be some sort of regulations if any, in how a person may compose their character. Especially with the fashion of mixing KG's, attaining all techniques possible and becoming the god of all gods in the zoning realm. I think a lot of hot headed zoners tend to ruin RP with their mentality that they are invincible in some way shape or form and what they say goes. There is a difference between zoning and RP, greatly. Many tend to think this is all one big great zone.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 03:04:30 AM »

I know I'm not blind to it. I agree that there should be some sort of regulations if any, in how a person may compose their character. Especially with the fashion of mixing KG's, attaining all techniques possible and becoming the god of all gods in the zoning realm. I think a lot of hot headed zoners tend to ruin RP with their mentality that they are invincible in some way shape or form and what they say goes. There is a difference between zoning and RP, greatly. Many tend to think this is all one big great zone.

I'll admit, I'm a bit ignorant as to how the two differ regarding behavior if you're IC at the time.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 03:48:42 AM »

Zoning is fighting and that alone, no other point/goal/whatever behind it. RP can be potentially anything.

Examples? Konoha chaos is RP, two people training at zones is zoning.

Also heard from Ace, the auto deletion system indeed is borked right now, so those past 90 days acads etc. shouldn't be there.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 06:48:31 AM »

What I was hinting at is the fact that most people feel the need to erupt some sort of fight in order to initiate RP, when that isn't what its all about. Furthermore from Warren's statement; RP can be anything from getting drunk at a bar to helping the old lady down the street get her groceries. Whatever. But its really dreadful reading these 'zoners' whom simply come around just to fight everyone and anyone IC; which usually NEVER works out.

If obviously IC you can engage in combat it will be similar to the zones, but they don't depend on one another.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 08:05:43 AM »

Zoning is fighting and that alone, no other point/goal/whatever behind it. RP can be potentially anything.

Examples? Konoha chaos is RP, two people training at zones is zoning.

Also heard from Ace, the auto deletion system indeed is borked right now, so those past 90 days acads etc. shouldn't be there.

The behavior for both fighting and RPing is by and large the same though. There are certain courtesies that allow for both to proceed smoothly, especially in zoning situations. How you zone and how you RP should not be significantly different, because zoning is a different kind of RP.

An IC zone fight should use all of the RPing properties of said character, even if it's really silly IC zoning. Similiarly, nobody likes a metagaming diplomat (and I'm talking hard metagaming, minor metagaming is almost expected nowadays) nor a nonsensical play (as in, not responding appropiately for the context) where A comes after B instead of the other way around sort of thing.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 05:53:23 PM »

Nice convo and all, but for a different topic perhaps. ^_^

I can see how it ties into this, but that could said in any topic, so please, revert to the subject at hand. <3

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »

True. >>;
On topic now.
From my own on again off again experience, 2-3 months is a good indication of very little to slight interest in RPing in SL. After that the time just adds up when you just distance yourself from SL completely. I know of this. >>; So around that time, would be a fair way to indicate it up for a new hunt or whatever. Other wise, I think a month would be too short to truly determine whether or not they'll be inactive for a while.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 06:31:15 AM »

True. >>;
On topic now.
From my own on again off again experience, 2-3 months is a good indication of very little to slight interest in RPing in SL. After that the time just adds up when you just distance yourself from SL completely. I know of this. >>; So around that time, would be a fair way to indicate it up for a new hunt or whatever. Other wise, I think a month would be too short to truly determine whether or not they'll be inactive for a while.

29 at the minimum and 31 days at the maximum is not enough time to determine that someone isn't going to be actively RPing on SL for much longer? I think a month is plenty of time considering tailed beasts have been stripped for less, and we are talking about canon stuff here going back to the market for grabs.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 08:31:47 AM »

Set it at account deletion. Normally, what, 90 days?

That'd be good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.