Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Loaner for Gems (Possible Add-on for The Bank)  (Read 3748 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Loaner for Gems (Possible Add-on for The Bank)
« on: May 07, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »

Hello, I want to find a way to get gems quickly and I thought this way was fair.
In the bank of every village, there is a gem loaner to acquire gems quickly but for a price.

For example, you're 50 gems short in buying a mount or w/e. You go to Loaner and you ask for 50 gems. He gives you the gems and at that point, a 'marker' is put on your account that you owe 50 gems plus interest. Let's say interest is 10%. So in total, you owe 55 gems.

Either or not, you spend the additional gems does not matter. From that point on, you cannot receive additional gems at all. You cannot go back to the Loan Shark for additional gems neither until you pay back what you owe.

You can limit the amount of gems one can borrow by rank.
For example,  an academy student can borrow 10 gems, a genin 20 gems, chuunin 30 gems, etc.
That can be one way to do it. Maximum amount of gems one can borrow is....100?

In addition, you add a borrowing fee to it. It can be a flat gold cost or a cost that is related to one's rank.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Loaner for Gems (Possible Add-on for The Bank)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »

But what then when you orokill? Gems would stay, and your gem debt would get wiped just like gold.

Even if it could be coded to persist though, personally I find it'd be a bit of an unnecessary pain to create, since there's already plenty of events among other ways to gather up gems relatively quickly. Just takes a bit of patience.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 05:22:57 PM »

I just don't see the need for it. By 80 oro kills people usually have around 200+ even without resets and with resets I can attain around 600 per reset. .-.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 06:36:29 PM »

Gold loans get pretty pointless after about 25DK, especially if in a prior reset you stashed up on gold in your dwellings. Just like the gold loans, gem loans would largely be focused on players in the lower brackets who don't have that much currency stocked up.

I think the gem loan should be far lower than 50 gems, however. I think a loan of 10-15 max is more reasonable than 50, just because 50 gems is a huge stack of gems. As far as repayment goes, it could be similar to the Akatsuki where you get deductions on a daily new day basis. However, if you have 0 gems to fork out, then the payment carries over, and unlike Akatsuki, reborningwill not remove the debt from your account.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 09:39:04 PM »

well an interesting option would be to just flick the on switch in dwellings to deposit gems. Then we could given them out amongst ourselves. The whole thing is already written as to how many deposits, withdraws, and amounts to withdraw limited to current FF ranks.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 12:32:25 AM »

Not a good thing...

why? because if you have -200000 gems (at some point, interest of interest and constant loaning) you can't get out there.

I won't put bankruptcy in the game, so .... ;-)

With gold it's not that relevant, because you kill oro + all is gone
But a few sitters have reaaaaally huge debts... ;) especially those who are at Akatsuki.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 01:31:45 AM »

Not a good thing...

why? because if you have -200000 gems (at some point, interest of interest and constant loaning) you can't get out there.

But a few sitters have reaaaaally huge debts... ;) especially those who are at Akatsuki.

The fail sitters. >>
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 01:16:05 AM »

Not a good thing...

Should the sitters ever go inactive I can imagine that the debt would pile up considerably. And yeah, with no sort of bankruptcy declaration, debt of any sort would at some point becoming nothing more than a frivolous nuisance rather than an actual deterrent to not repaying the gems practically received for free at that point.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 02:35:20 PM »

Not a good thing...

I said the maximum amount one can borrow is 100.
And this option is for gem only. I don't know why people are bringing up gold.
I'm sure it can be set up such that your gem debt cannot be erase even after an Oro Kill.

The feature is useful for buying things that you would rather have now than later, especially if it's a rare occurrence. For example, the Kyuubi, or in my case, rare nin collectibles.

Yes I said. The reason for this feature is that I encountered a rare nin collectible and I didn't have enough gems to buy it. For me, there's not a lot of things to collect in-game so my focus changed towards nin collectibles. >.>

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 01:41:56 AM »

As said, gem storage (or loans) tend to be abused.

Gems do pile up, which is fine.
But as said, I see more potential to be either useless or abused.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 06:13:36 AM »

HEY! Might be jumping on this a little too late but it is relating to Gems! I'm quite in the pickle trying to make a new clan for a friend, only to realize my alts don't have sufficient gem funds! While scrambling to sell off some dwellings I realized the Gem deposit function was never installed yet! Even after all these years! There is an option box for it but nothing to it! I mean hey! Could we at least get that going a long? Kinda make dwellings more useful in the sense they could store Gems for those people who need a few extra ones! Consisting of a same limiter per level, preventing abuse and helping out as well! I feel like this would be great as opposed to a loaner system with interest and negative gems if they aren't paid back! There can be a total amount of gems available to be stored and a certain amount you can take or put in per level! I figure it shouldn't be that hard to code/manage since it does the same with gold.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 08:44:42 AM »

I believe it was in once, but was removed due to the abuse Neji mentioned.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »

Not sure if you can code it so to deposit/withdraw gems you have to pay DP to have that ability, say 1500 DP, but still as Neji said it will either be useless or abused, making too many restrictions it cause it to become useless, too little and you have people abusing it left and right.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »

I don't get how this can be abused......that defense doesn't seem to work. There would be a max limit just how the coffers has it with gold. There's even already a global limit of 50 gems! Like what frig how is that gonna be abused? The option box still offers the gem spot, yet no actions to it. I feel like it could easily be opened up and helpful indeed. As if leveling isn't a nuisance already. >>; could be something to offer to help those low accounts who can't afford their mounts or whatever. but seriously, 50 gems is like nothing compared to what others hoard. Then again, I'm just hinting suggestions that could be helpful. Doesn't have to be implemented and we can still go about the same normal routine for 10+ years.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 08:52:01 PM »

I don't get how this can be abused......that defense doesn't seem to work. There would be a max limit just how the coffers has it with gold. There's even already a global limit of 50 gems! Like what frig how is that gonna be abused? The option box still offers the gem spot, yet no actions to it. I feel like it could easily be opened up and helpful indeed. As if leveling isn't a nuisance already. >>; could be something to offer to help those low accounts who can't afford their mounts or whatever. but seriously, 50 gems is like nothing compared to what others hoard. Then again, I'm just hinting suggestions that could be helpful. Doesn't have to be implemented and we can still go about the same normal routine for 10+ years.

Multi-alt accounts.

Added:

Basically you have a high level account with 5000 gems and nothing to do with em and then you create a lot of alts. The high level keeps depositing and the alts keep taking. Since high level accounts get gems pretty damn easily it'd be like what dp is today; useless.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:53:53 PM by Madara (Shadow) »

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.