Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Drug Use with Characters  (Read 8515 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: Drug Use with Characters
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »

I will pention for the cannabis shop (medical of course) and all. Gonna be dope, yo.

Word, all my Sharingan use is giving me glaucoma.

Hono Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 10:59:00 PM »

GENE XDDDDD

Oh, and Hono Haze
Kushina Kush
Naruto Nuke
Danzo Diesel

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 12:34:23 AM »

I don't get this topic, not have found any excessive drug use. If anything popping enhancement pills is another form of drug use, drinking alcohol another drug use. Whats the problem with something the earth provides? I mean if we separate from the normal ninja duties and actually go breaking bad and start distributing crystal blue throughout the nations, sure I could see how that interferes with the 'kid' friendly environment. You are talking about something less harmful than smoking tobaccoo and yet seem to be offended that people choose such a route. My personal indulgences are private, although I respect my characters cultivation of hemp and cannabis alike. It helps him unwind and actually provides much spiritual healing and consciousness for intense training and meditation.

I mean rock lee has Drunken Fist, I thought it would be funny to make a spin off called cannabis fist. Since I am not going to lie and state cannabis doesn't alter the mind, hence the fighting style mode. Otherwise it is used as commonly as one smokes a bit of tobacco from their pipe. I don't see whats wrong with that. This is coming down to just I don't like what you do, so stop. There are far more worse situations that occur in RP rather than someone peacefully toking. Whats next we are gonna start banning smoking cigarettes and drinking booze? Do whatever you want and let no one's opinions stop you. Role Play as you please.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 03:39:32 AM »

This topic has generally confused me. I have not seen any excessive "drug" use over the years on this server.
Marijuana in my eyes isn't a drug but a naturally occurring plant that grows within the environment as a "weed" and surprisingly has been around since biblical times.

When I was instated as moderator on this server many years ago, I started to notice that most of the conservative users on here whom advocated "This is a kid-friendly game! Don't do that!" are actually users of drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
Their approach is actually hypocritical but I really don't question the method that is taken to ensure that this server stay "kid-friendly" because in reality, I know it's a flawed method to take and ensure we have this "safe environment".

TL;DR?

Cannabis is a plant that was classified into a schedule one drug all because William Randalf Hearst didn't want to lose his investment in the lumber industry and DuPont, the man used his power from his newspaper business and from his set of this House of Representatives, he ran a smear campaign against Marijuana; pushing for the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. (You were require to get a stamp that was impossible to get) 
Also this was all done because Hearst was against the industrial use of Hemp, which threaten his monopoly on the DuPont and most of the lumber industry.

Surprisingly enough alcohol and tobacco is also scheduled as a "psychoactive drug", so yeah do your research and you'll find the paper trail for those whom profited off of banning use of "dope" and alcohol. (Hell even tobacco too!)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:40:46 AM by Camel »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 01:58:26 PM »

I've very really seen any drug references on the game, but I know the few times it's appeared people have complained and the offenders often get a slap on the wrist.

While it doesn't seem so bad, I think the only real reason there could be any issue with it is purely due to the fact it is considered illegal in many places, and on opinions on this fact really don't matter, it is the case.

Now as SL is online environment that takes in many countries and legal jurisdictions, it really has to cover all bases. If it is gonna operate in a certain area, it has to try and enforce the laws of that land as best it can. So even though the drug often mentioned here is legal in many places (mostly for medical use only), SL may still have an obligation to discourage such behavior. Whereas alcohol etc are legal basically everywhere.

It's the same issue with other site rules, language, sexual RP, etc. Different laws in different places. SL could allow such things in the game, but then it would have to adhere to the age restrictions, which vary greatly even just in states of various countries, let alone whole different countries. Then it has to try and enforce these restrictions otherwise we get in deep doo doo.

tl;dr - Things are illegal in some places etc, and Neji has to cover his own butt. XD

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 05:32:33 PM »

While it doesn't seem so bad, I think the only real reason there could be any issue with it is purely due to the fact it is considered illegal in many places, and on opinions on this fact really don't matter, it is the case.

The only hurdle would be the legalities, so I understand that. But the thing is, RPing that you're smoking pot isn't the same as actually doing it.

If anything, it is the equivalent as a work of art...which is legal in many places. There are plenty movies, books, and other works of art that portray their characters doing drugs and these movies have been aired in countries where drug use is illegal. Need I remind you we're rping, not actually doing the said activity. Are we actually selling Pot off this site? No, we're merely writing about it.

Also, the drinking age in many countries varies. Some places it is 18 and others it's 21. Speaking for myself, I'm 20 (turning 21 in 4 days woot) and I have RP'd drinking.

I must say it is nice to see someone post a reply here stating his views/explanations in an adult and intelligent manner without resorting to insulting and name calling of those who voice an opposing thought while degrading their views as trash.

I personally feel that it is not hypocritical but rather acting in a responsible manner to not promote the errant behaviors of yourself to children. But that is just me.

Everyone in this thread has been posting in an "adult and intelligent manner". I fail to recall any instances in this thread where anyone has resorted to name calling, so please stay relevant to the topic at hand.

And the "Think of the children!" argument again. If that's the case, then please remove all instances of peeping, sexual innuendos, and drunkness/drinking from SL. One can't pick and choose.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:34:07 PM by Genesis »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 06:05:39 PM »

*Genesis posted the same thought before he did ;-;*

It's illegal to use and have in many countries. It's not illegal to write about it in most countries. We are writing about it. Just because Hono does it in real life does not mean he can't write about it via his character. Corpus Delicti.

Alcohol is illegal in MOST Muslim states. More or less the whole Middle East with parts of Africa and such. Bhutan is the only country in the world to ban tobbaco use. It's true. Do we now need to censor our writing to fulfill their laws about it? Doing and writing are separate things.

Writing is fine in all forms about drugs in most places save for big brother countries and if someone from a big brother country is somehow on the internet they have a lot more to worry about than just reading about weed.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 06:24:04 PM »

With my own RP's involving the cannabis plant and how some of my characters own farms that cultivate hemp along side other products is a sheer way of life. Its not like they are advocating and spreading their beliefs, simply carrying them out. Maybe if we were imposing others to join us, then I would understand the problem if anything.

But seriously I can sit here and argue the many other non 'kid friendly' acts that go about on SL, like others seem to be doing. I won't. To each their own, stop trying to regulate how people wish to 'live' their fantasy shinobi life. >_>; If your character has such ill-intention towards cannabis and its consumption then they are free to act on it in order to 'squash' its existence. Good luck though, hemp has been one of Oto's main crops since I've been around. Haven't had a complaint since this thread.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 07:24:30 PM »

The trend here for the past two years is to shit stomp the life out of those who disagree with one another through derisiveness and voiding and ostracizing.

No one likes to be ridiculed or have to fend off rude commentary concerning their rp, and especially their opinions, every time they show their faces in public. I do not find it a flaw in character to try and abstain from behaviors that are fundamentally offensive to others. I find that sort of consideration to actually be respectful.

Uh...isn't that what this topic was made to do? To make them change their rp based on others beliefs of how it should be. The very thing you want, free rp, having others voice without people bashing them for what they do, etc. You are at this very moment doing it, ostracizing it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hono Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 08:07:01 PM »

Scenario: Sabumaru gets wasted after a failed abortion which he failed at on purpose. He begins to consume the corpses of the dead fetuses.
(Example of Actual RP IC)

Sceanrio 2: Hono is walking down the street smoking a joint, a old lady drops her fruit she was buying, stops and helps her pick it all up, giving her Ryo to cover the damaged goods and is off on his way.

Sooooo uh, what is worse here?
 Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:35:12 PM by Hono Uzumaki »

Hono Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 08:13:17 PM »

The fact of the matter at this point is that all counter arguments against why we shouldn't have Marijuana in-game could be applied to literally anything.

The Middle East is mostly a dry country or collection of them. Drink is death if caught.
It's illegal to murder, FYI.
It's illegal to steal.

So... should we change the game and remove everything that is illegal... ause we won't have a game.

Hono Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 08:40:51 PM »

So, Murder is acceptable? And if you think kids can realize that Murder isn't okay, don't you think they can know that Marijuana isn't something you play with.

Kay is right, he isn't voiding me.

Furthermore, this isn't about who did what, their are others who use Marijuana in-game who are remaining voiceless to avoid grief and seeing as how I am outspoken and don't care what others think of me because you know.... those are opinions; I am the one here to fight for it. Not to glorify weed, not to prove shit, not to be cool, just wanna RP they way I want...

Hono has rage-like episodes from a odd state of BPD/BP2D and curbs his swings and moods with staying medicated. Last time he didn't, half of Uzushiogakure no Sato was destroyed. So, I actually use this "harmful, awful thing" as means to develop my character.

I have been playing this way for too long, I have too much development. I rather be banned for SL then change what I am doing when the game was suppose to be an

OPEN SOURCE RP BOARD for RP of ALL kinds, not strictly Naruto regardless of the Unvierse's Scape. Sure, Neji says drug use is prohibited. Well, Marijuana isn't a 'drug' it's a medication.

Pain Killers are more harmful than weed is. :3

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 09:13:10 PM »

This site is NOT kid friendly. It's tolerable, perhaps, but not to the extent you seem to try to pass it off as.

Then there's people who rp smoking on here. Tobacco. No one sees an issue with it. It's totally kid friendly.

Then there's people who rp smoking on here. Weed. A lot see an issue with it. It's totally not kid friendly.

However it's a known fact that tobacco when compared to weed is x100000000000000 times worse.
So why is there such a problem? Read Kamui's post. And what I've said before. You're not used to it. It's not normal so you shun it. Happens all the time. With AIDS, with LGTB, race (black people), women's rights and so on. Give it another 50 years and it'll be just as legal and FAR SAFER than the chemically made tobacco people smoke today.

I don't smoke it myself and I never will, but I'm not blind to the facts of the two and would much rather have someone I know, even my kids smoking weed rather than tobacco just based on health issues.

Morally it's not normal so it's looked down upon. But in truth weed is safer and since it's safer, more child friendly than tobacco. I'd rather kids use something organic than some altered chemical substance.

I'm not saying marijuana is free of health issues and that there's no doubt some altered nasty crap made from weed. But the lesser of the two evils is weed. Also I don't want my kids doing weed or any kind of drugs or drinking or any of that, but like I said if a choice was to be made, weed all the way.

So I say we ban tobacco more than weed. It's obviously the worse of the two. Do research and see.

Added: And yes we point the finger at other issues. Because we see it as biased. You allow drunk people, but not high people? Of course we're going to point it out like said cause of bias.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 09:13:38 PM »

Actually, Genesis, if you read again you can see all sorts of personal descriptors used to indicate the opinions of those who find no problem with the use of drugs in rp concerning those that do have a problem with it.

These are some of the denigrating terms I have seen used.

Hypocrisy
Uptight
stupid ass parents
not a good enough parent and should be infertile

as for relevance to the topic, I would think that complimenting someone upon keeping to the topic rather than digressing into insulting dialogue is quite pertinent. Additionally, I hardly feel that making a complimentary remark implies that I feel that everyone here is not being pertinent to the conversation. Do try not to be so reactionary and pick apart everything I say misconstruing intentions that just are not present.

Well, then I must apologize to you Kayenta. I simply didn't know the context when you said insults were being thrown around. I thought someone in this thread was insulting you, rather, you meant some individuals were rather insulting those who didn't think like them or their own lifestyle.

For that I gravely apologize.

And I agree to you to an extent. If we were to list the "greatest" of all evils, we ourselves would be the worst. Our own human greed and and motives would probably propel us to the top of that list.

But this thread about that.

People want to get lit in RP. That's simply what people like Hono, myself, Keito, etc. are all going for. (Surprisingly a large number of Uzumaki's are supportive of this lol). Whether it be for recreational reasons, medical reasons, combative reasons. It's a natural herb.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you argue that any drug use is plain wrong. I'm arguing that are many other sins on this site also, so what is the difference?

Here's the thing: Morals are completely subjective. We can go on for days about this. Page after page. And we'd be both right because what is right to us. But there is a large voice that wants this to happen.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I'll say it again: If smoking pot is such a sin, please remove all sexual innuendos, drinking, etc., from this site.  The "It's the greater of all the sins" argument isn't gonna cut it.

If one were so "pro-children environment", where were the petitions to remove all sexual innuendos, bars, prior to this thread?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »

It's pretty much up to the moderators on the site. If no one has said anything to you Hono, or anyone else. Keep on going, if they wanted to they would have muted you or deleted you by now.

No one's opinion is changing, so lets lock it. This can be reopened if the moderators do take issue, but as of right now, they don't seem to.

For those who do have a problem, I suggest speaking to Neji or some other moderator besides Camel who has made his opinion known
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.