Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Village hosts  (Read 6635 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Village hosts
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 04:38:46 PM »

"The host and the challenger, and ONLY the host and challenger, determine the nature of the challenge."

So basically the village has no right to interfere with a challenger so long as they don't attack the village.
Unless of course the Jinchuriki has subjected themselves to the orders of their kage. Then in a sense, the Jinchuriki becomes a proxy for the real person behind it all. At least that's what I've done with Ichirou. I provide him protection, rank, authority, access to techniques for further growth and the guarantee that he gets his Tailed Beast back in the case of prolonged absence. And in turn he's proved his loyalty...

...But if a village is one of the parties, then they must have a say in how it goes, right?

If I understand correctly, you're holding onto the tailed beast for Ichirou, meaning that effectively, you're the jinchurikii right? Then your tailed beast rules would apply in the challenge, not Ichirou's, because he is not the host/controller of the tailed beast. Therefore, a challenge would be added onto your list, not his.

The village as a whole is under no circumstances one of the parties involved. Some of the village (if the challenge expands to allow team fights) but not all of the village. While it is unreasonable to expect a village to just ignore a challenge to their jinchurikii, you have to realize that you can't use the village and its defenses as a way to indefinitely avoid fighting the challenger by the agreed upon terms (most of which are already outlined in your beast fights before the idea of challenge and challenger is brought up). Again, if you sic someone else (or a large group) on the challenger and said person were to kill the challenger, then technically, that's a violation of the biju rules.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 05:57:02 PM »

Look man, I'm just saying that if a challenger screws up and draws attention to themselves, then of course they're going to have a village down their back. Do you realistically expect the entire village to clear the streets and bow to someone who states their intentions clearly and/or cause village destruction? Isn't the point of being a hunter AND ninja to be sneaky and track down your target to a location for the fight to commence? Once the fight commences, there will be onlookers and bystanders in the area. Though once it ends (death/incapacitation/yield/etc.) then it ends, and the whole force of a village is going to come down upon them.

And I'm currently not holding it for Ichirou anymore, since I gave it back to him almost a week ago while still within the grace period of myself having holding it onto him. Now let me repeat again what we have going on though. It is public knowledge, as the rules state, that he is the village's Jinchuriki. And since he is one, he has the right to have challenge preferences. But he allows me to have influence in what his challenge preferences are. You can't say that it's against the rules, because I'm not forcing him to do so. The fact that he's the one ultimately having full control of his challenge preferences, means that he has the last say in it. If he doesn't want to go with my influence and suggestions, then that's fine. But the fact that he is, means that I do honor him for his loyalty.

Unless true loyalty and honor is a real issue here, then maybe the hidden villages existing is the issue that should be thrown away here. But the fact that we include the village of the Jinchuriki and/or Tailed Beasts, means that association with their village is something we've already taken account into. And not just for location purposes either.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »

Look man, I'm just saying that if a challenger screws up and draws attention to themselves, then of course they're going to have a village down their back. Do you realistically expect the entire village to clear the streets and bow to someone who states their intentions clearly and/or cause village destruction? Isn't the point of being a hunter AND ninja to be sneaky and track down your target to a location for the fight to commence? Once the fight commences, there will be onlookers and bystanders in the area. Though once it ends (death/incapacitation/yield/etc.) then it ends, and the whole force of a village is going to come down upon them.

And I'm currently not holding it for Ichirou anymore, since I gave it back to him almost a week ago while still within the grace period of myself having holding it onto him. Now let me repeat again what we have going on though. It is public knowledge, as the rules state, that he is the village's Jinchuriki. And since he is one, he has the right to have challenge preferences. But he allows me to have influence in what his challenge preferences are. You can't say that it's against the rules, because I'm not forcing him to do so. The fact that he's the one ultimately having full control of his challenge preferences, means that he has the last say in it. If he doesn't want to go with my influence and suggestions, then that's fine. But the fact that he is, means that I do honor him for his loyalty.

Unless true loyalty and honor is a real issue here, then maybe the hidden villages existing is the issue that should be thrown away here. But the fact that we include the village of the Jinchuriki and/or Tailed Beasts, means that association with their village is something we've already taken account into. And not just for location purposes either.

Kage really? Are you being serious right now? UGH.

Of course if they attack the village then you can gangbang the person. However if the person does this sneak thing you want and then challenges the host face-to-face you cannot send the village on them. 3 v 3 max. No matter what, ever. Nothing will change that.
"Though once it ends (death/incapacitation/yield/etc.) then it ends, and the whole force of a village is going to come down upon them."

Really? Nope. 1 week grace period. They beat the previous host and now they get a week. Kage, the rules are there. You can't bypass them cause it doesn't make sense in IC RP. They are there so you can't do what you are trying to do. Make it impossible to lose your bijuu.

We don't care if you and him are dating. The point here isn't if you influence his preferences or not.

He lost the bijuu due to inactivity. You are doing it again. Trying to make your village, or in this case, Ichirou never lose his bijuu. This loophole will not hold Kage. He can't keep losing it due to inactivity and then getting it back from you. The inactivity rule is there to make sure the beast is being used consistently not every other 2 weeks or 1 month.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »

He lost the bijuu due to inactivity. You are doing it again. Trying to make your village, or in this case, Ichirou never lose his bijuu. This loophole will not hold Kage. He can't keep losing it due to inactivity and then getting it back from you. The inactivity rule is there to make sure the beast is being used consistently not every other 2 weeks or 1 month.
I know he can't, but this is a one time thing that happened. Don't make it sound like it's my intention to pass it back and forth. Though when you mention active consistency, the rules state that at the very least one post per week (outside of posting speeds specified in challenge conditions) is required from a Jinchuriki.

ºHosts Must Committ to Active Statusº
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post every week), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan/organization will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan/organization, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

It looks like we're gonna need some more input from the community on how they feel about these two issues. To my knowledge, this has never been brought up before. It's another OOC and IC thing that is grinding against each other.

- Conflict between grace period and being in the middle of a piranha feast IC
- Ownership changes

Though here's a bit of my input on these. The owner of a Tailed Beast is able to do what they want with it, so long as it doesn't conflict with any other existing rules. That also includes shifting ownership of it. Though by shifting ownership of the beast to someone who had already had it so recently, I believe that the grace period should be dropped in this case.

I was simply following the below rules and was within the grace period granted by them. There's nothing that says I can't give it back to him if he becomes active again. But this is why we have these discussions, no matter how heated and targeted they become.

ºHosts Must Committ to Active Statusº
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post every week), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan/organization will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan/organization, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

ºTime Limitationsº
The possessor has a week to decide between sealing the Bijū into someone and making them a Jinchūriki, or imprisoning the Bijū and using genjutsu to control them as a summon. <--- type of genjutsu is in debate at this time.

ºShould the Biju be Host-lessº
Should the Biju be sealed within something not a Jinchuriki, whomsoever is in possession of the tailed beast (for a prolonged period of one week or more) is entitled to assume duties of fighting for possession of the Biju. As such: Biju are not to be set free to roam; they must be sealed and delivered to the kage of their last Jinchuriki.

If you want to pitch a new rule or two about this, or amend a few things to existing rules, you're welcome to make another thread. And I'm quoting these rules not just to prove my point, but also to give on-lookers who are still contemplating on the issues something to digest as they form opinions.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 02:23:06 AM »

Ownership changes have been discussed before:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8234.0.html

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8280.0.html

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8279.0.html

Conflict between Biju challenge situation and being in the middle of a potentially life threatening RP has also been touched up on somewhat in the past:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8075.0.html

If you are "holding onto" the tailed beast for Ichi, then you play host/owner and fight the challenges in the meantime. What kind of influence do you have on his challenge preferences though? That's probably where I"m still the most confused.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.