Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tenseigan vs Rinnegan  (Read 8641 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Tenseigan vs Rinnegan
« on: May 28, 2015, 05:18:38 AM »

I for one don't really know which each one offers. So if people will kindly PM Shadow on SL or here what each ones does (unnerfed) then I will list them and nerfed versions as well. Please make it easy to understand and read. ~

Rinnegan |

Tenseigan |
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Tenseigan vs Rinnegan
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 06:53:17 AM »

Un nerfed:
Rinnegan:
All 5 chakra natures
The Deva Path (天道, Tendō), which allows one to manipulate both attractive and repulsive forces.
The Asura Path (修羅道, Shuradō), which grants the user mechanised limbs, weaponry and armour.
The Human Path (人間道, Ningendō), which gives the ability to remove a soul and so, read a person's mind.
The Animal Path (畜生道, Chikushōdō), which lets the user summon a wide variety of creatures.
The Preta Path (餓鬼道, Gakidō), which can absorb all forms of chakra, including most ninjutsu.
The Naraka Path (地獄道, Jigokudō), through which one can summon and control the King of Hell.
The Outer Path (外道, Gedō), which rules over both life and death.
Limbo: Border jail (輪墓・辺獄, Rinbo: Hengoku) Invisible clones that are undetectable to everything but sages and Rinne users.

Tenseigan:
Deva path
Truth seeking balls - Destory everything they come into contact with save for natural chakra
Tenseigan Chakra Armor - Speed on par with KSM Naruto
Golden Wheel Reincarnation Explosion - Moon cutting sword
Localised Reincarnation Explosion - Chakra absorbing
Silver Wheel Reincarnation Explosion - Hurricane technique
Tenseigan: Scattering Chakra Rosary - Barrage of truth seeking balls

Nerfed:
Rinnegan:
All 5 chakra natures
The Deva Path (天道, Tendō), which allows one to manipulate both attractive and repulsive forces.
The Asura Path (修羅道, Shuradō), which grants the user mechanised limbs, weaponry and armour.
The Human Path (人間道, Ningendō), which gives the ability to remove a soul and so, read a person's mind.
The Animal Path (畜生道, Chikushōdō), which lets the user summon a wide variety of creatures.
The Preta Path (餓鬼道, Gakidō), which can absorb all forms of chakra, including most ninjutsu.
The Naraka Path (地獄道, Jigokudō), through which one can summon and control the King of Hell.
The Outer Path (外道, Gedō), which rules over both life and death.

Tenseigan:
All 5 nature transformations
Tenseigan Chakra armor
Deva path
All previously mentioned jutsu on a much smaller scale, and without truth seeking balls.

Edit: I might have missed some stuff.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:00:13 AM by Rusaku »
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:52:40 PM »

Rinne's outer paths rule over life and death thing basically means rinne tensei, reviving people in exchange for effectively killing yourself, for those who didn't know. Otherwise I believe outer path is also the one credited for creating the rods, and (a lesser known fact) the chakra chains.

Depending on ones pov, unnerfed rinne may or may not also have amenotejikara, Sasuke's teleport move. The other moves in general also tend to be less potent, such as Nagato with painstaking effort making just one chibaku tensei core and a smaller moon with it, whereas Madara made several to create effectively a meteor rain, and Rikudou sennin made the actual absurdly huge moon in series. Stuff like that, if my comparison made sense.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:54:37 PM by Warren »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »

In terms of difficulty to get, the Rinnegan is harder. All the awakening of the Tenseigan requires is the mixing of Hamura's two bloodlines, the Hyuuga and Otsutsuki. Both of which are born with the Byakugan. In all technicality, no eye stealing/switching has to be involved at all. Whereas Hagoromo's kids are destined to either fight and/or breed with each other for their advanced Doujutsu.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 06:06:45 PM »

Totally off topic question but hey ima put it here since it kinda relates. Given that the official Naruto Series ended; Gaiden/Movies aside. Am I the only one that thinks SL/RP should get like a re-vamp? Don't get me wrong not like character reset but like a whole 'lifestyle' change up. Not that the series is over the only new things that will come are the Gaiden and Movie's following the other characters. I'm saying we can now take the knowledge from Naruto as an academy student all the way up to him being the Hokage and base it off our SL. Kinda like compose a storyline where there is an Indra/Asura and there was a Kaguya who was all evil and what not(Bocch comes to mind) and you know make a pleasing sequence of our OWN ninja lifestyle. Given the information we've receive through all these years. Just putting it out there! Especially with this new Tenseigan and how everyone will probably try and get it as opposed to the Rinne or whatever.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 06:39:51 PM »

... Especially with this new Tenseigan and how everyone will probably try and get it as opposed to the Rinne or whatever.

Unlikely. The nerfed version of Tenseigan (which is the version used here on SL) is very unlikely to be that much more favored over the Rinnegan unless there are people just switching because it's the relatively (note the word relatively) new power on the block.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 06:54:57 PM »

Though in general most people accept the origin story of Kaguya, juubi, rikudou sennin et cetera, the reincarnation cycle of Hagoromo's kids is basically unanimously voided to prevent anybody trying to claim to be them and use it as an excuse to play even more of a demigod than usual.

To keep that can of worms shut, I'd daresay things are better left as is right now, instead of trying to make up some backstory behind all of this that didn't actually ever truly happen IC. I'm not totally opposed to small, sensible bits of progress though, if people can do it in a manner befitting narutoverse, in fact there's been some technology progress and such at places already. As examples of both ends, konohas hospital is probably the most modern building on SL-verse, if not a bit too much so some might say, whereas my char Warren is reclaiming and restoring ancient technology that surpasses most anything of SL's current date.

All in all just keep in mind those technology advances in naruto canon took quite a few years still, and even then it was only in certain areas, with majority of the culture still remaining the same.

As for tenseigan, despite the apparent fright of everyone about it earlier, there actually hasn't been that many who find the idea appealing. So far I can name only Ichirou and Rusaku who actually tried to get it, Ichi however poofed and was kicked from the RP to let it progress and he hasn't tried it yet since, Rusaku in turn did get an eye swap operation done like Toneri with my (Warren's) help and is now I believe waiting for the byakugan to mature to tenseigan.

Provided people agree to actually play with common sense and nerf it appropriately like Rusaku was already stating earlier in this thread, it can be accessible to others too. Just that to be legitimate about it, they'd of course have to discover such a possibility even exists at first (assuming they had the appropriate genetics, eye, etc), then deal with either me or Rusaku about obtaining it.

As some may know we went to moon some time ago as per the last movie, discovered the former ootsutsuki land and all, few in the main villages may even have noticed the moon brightening up some due to the restoration of the tenseigan altar (or energy vessel if you prefer to call it that). Much like in the movie though, the restored altar now also has a seal on it, making it inaccessible to others besides myself and Rusaku. Deal with us successfully, and we'll let you draw upon it. Quite simple really, and actually makes people work a bit for the power they want, instead of just asspulling it because lol-claim.

If that was TL;DR, I'll make it even simpler.

Want tenseigan?

Have hyuga + otsutsuki genetics.
Have byakugan.
Discover tenseigan exists.
Seek out Warren and or Rusaku.
Convince him/them you'll use the power for a good cause.
"Enjoy" the long periods of mind-numbing, pulsating pain as your byakugan matures.
Enjoy your new tenseigan.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

Want tenseigan?

Have hyuga + otsutsuki genetics.
Have byakugan.
Discover tenseigan exists.
Seek out Warren and or Rusaku.
Convince him/them you'll use the power for a good cause.

"Enjoy" the long periods of mind-numbing, pulsating pain as your byakugan matures.
Enjoy your new tenseigan.

Wut?

People didn't have to seek out others in RP in order to get the Rinnegan, despite the fact that it should not have been common knowledge how to actually get Rinnegan. Are you now telling me that you and Rusaku are claiming to have a monopoly of sorts on Tensaigan's acquisition? Whenever, in what thread, in what village board in SL, was this considered the acceptable route for Tensaigan acquisition?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 07:09:14 PM »

So you basically acknowledge people asspulling a rinnegan for themselves without any IC action to actually properly acquire it is a problem, and you want to turn tenseigan into the exact same circus?

Not to mention getting on our case about "monopoly" when the rather lengthy claims list exists is rather silly too. I know quite well some people in particular will get extremely pissy about their claimed things if someone does/makes something even remotely similar to their claimed stuff >_> all we're doing is offering people a legitimate way to acquire the thing that nobody can complain about, as long as they just get off their asses and actually work for it IC.

We spent a good bit over a month at lightning plains RPing the adventure, and not at any point did anybody contest or complain about it, some admittedly just didn't care whereas others even found it an intriguing, fun read, were excited by the thought of something happening even up there. The end result of a brighter moon I personally made evident at every major village too, except konoha due to the ongoing event. That too has already been utilized by numerous people for fun RPs, and I know a few are planning to perhaps utilize a bit later too when their current business ends.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »

I mean you two were the only ones so far who have made any progress IC to 'unlock' this eye power to our SL universe. Without the usual, I'm putting my name next to it, so I own it! Ordeal that happens with mostly everything now. I support the notion
as long as they just get off their asses and actually work for it IC.
Because Rinnegan in itself gives godly powers and it shouldn't be fair for those who've worked for their stats for someone to come along and simply claim the following; Uchiha with EMS already active(I swapped eyes with whomever, so I'm legit!) Senju genes succesfully implanted(I'm a god, yo) and then maturing their EMS into the Rinnegan despite the age tolling effect and near death encounter Madara suffered in order to gain his.....yea because thats fair! So far Warren and Rusaku's method seems to be the only legit method used to gain the Tenseigan. I don't see anyone killing their best friends to get Mangekyou Sharingan or suffer a tragic event, so why is it that when they are going through the actual process of such is it a bad thing? I applaud such triumphs! Even though I have no interest with new hax such as the Tenseigan.

If someone actually went through the enduring process of gaining a legitimate Rinnegan I too applaud them and respect their godly powers, otherwise I laugh at everyone claiming EMS and Rinne and all other hacks with their 'lol-claim' as Warren put it. >>;

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 07:37:04 PM »

So you basically acknowledge people asspulling a rinnegan for themselves without any IC action to actually properly acquire it is a problem, and you want to turn tenseigan into the exact same circus?

Not to mention getting on our case about "monopoly" when the rather lengthy claims list exists is rather silly too. I know quite well some people in particular will get extremely pissy about their claimed things if someone does/makes something even remotely similar to their claimed stuff >_> all we're doing is offering people a legitimate way to acquire the thing that nobody can complain about, as long as they just get off their asses and actually work for it IC.

We spent a good bit over a month at lightning plains RPing the adventure, and not at any point did anybody contest or complain about it, some admittedly just didn't care whereas others even found it an intriguing, fun read, were excited by the thought of something happening even up there. The end result of a brighter moon I personally made evident at every major village too, except konoha due to the ongoing event. That too has already been utilized by numerous people for fun RPs, and I know a few are planning to perhaps utilize a bit later too when their current business ends.

I wanted to ban Tensaigan (and at some point Rinnegan) period from the moment it (they) was (were) introduced, for the record. The claims list, by and large, is for secret techniques, items, etc. There is not much that I have seen up there that would constitute a Rinnegan equivalent KG introduced in one of the last Naruto movies to come out, so comparing this to the claims list is a stretch at best.

I have no qualms that you spent quite a bit of work on your RP. I have no issues with that, and I think that's great. However, I do have an issue that I (and anyone else) would have to go specifically through you two (and convince you to agree to sharing) if I (and anyone else) were to ever want to get Tensaigan, a dojutsu KG that is supposed to be the Hyuuga answer to the Rinnegan figuratively speaking.

The asspulls, were asspulls, but they were asspulls that people accepted either via resets or via "blunted kunai" diplomacy. Even if one were to have resets, getting Tensaigan would not be an option under this.

I am one of the last people who want another power giveaway when I've worked for some (not all mind you) of the useful tools of my arsenal, but I also don't want you two having the final say who naturally attains Tensaigan either.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »

Well its quite fortunate then that you're not the authority on these kind of things, because in all honesty you're basically the only one who's complaining. The method isn't even difficult, has no true downsides or illogical parts to it, and it even encourages RP. Hell, it already has caused RP.

But by all means, continue your antique resets/claims/etc rule business if you're so fond of it. Its no skin off my back.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »

Well its quite fortunate then that you're not the authority on these kind of things, because in all honesty you're basically the only one who's complaining. The method isn't even difficult, has no true downsides or illogical parts to it, and it even encourages RP. Hell, it already has caused RP.

But by all means, continue your antique resets/claims/etc rule business if you're so fond of it. Its no skin off my back.

Has no true downsides other than two people's whims determining whether you can get Tensaigan or not? As "antique" as my argument may seem, as a jinchurikii, I have a vested interest in this sort of stuff, since I might end up getting a challenger wanting to claim the Tensaigan obtained through this method. I am sure I don't need to bring up why that would be an issue given what I have already stated here in this thread and in prior discussion regarding it.

No, I am not the authority on these kinds of things, but that doesn't mean I should just kick back and read the music when I disagree with the pitch either. As long as no challenger, or anyone wanting to RP with me, wants to make use of a Tensaigan, then it is no skin off of my back either. But given the nature of things and who's on my challenge list, I do have a chance of losing some skin from my back if this Tensaigan finds its way into my biju challenge.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 08:08:15 PM »

Basically, if you want the Tenseigan (which is good, but not as good as Rinnegan), you have to go through them to get it. Which is something I don't really mind because they spent a lot of time in their RP. And it's not like they're making it something impossible to obtain. You find them (though it's a bit hard to figure out who the real Warren is because he's always narrating events in the village :P) and ask them if you can have in. If you're good, they'll probably let you. If they don't let you in, then you beat them up. If you win, you get in. I think it sounds good.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 08:42:08 PM »

@Eric:

I understand your concern about having only two people who are able to help obtain the Tenseigan, but I counter your concern with this:

How is it any different than someone seeking another out for training on a specific technique? Sage mode? IC knowledge of current events?

Answer is simple: It is not different.

Their pathway to obtaining that power creates RP. Would you honestly want people to run around saying they claim it without actually working for it? This way, it truly ensures we (as a society) will have documentation of whom achieved this particular ability.

I believe the Rinnegan should have been handled in this very similar way but it was too late to implement such a tactic. Especially with how (loosely stating) vague it was to obtain it.

Obtaining the Tenseigan is very specific. They found a way to bring it to SL. They achieved it via RP and as one of the watchers of the event, obtained it legitimately and pleasantly.

Why should they be punished (or in this case yelled at) for creating a path for more RP?

And should you get a challenger that claims the power of the Tenseigan, you will have the ability to address Warren and/or Rusaku to confirm their claim to be valid is true. If it isn't true, then you have a legitimate reason to revoke that specific ability for that challenge.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.