Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just Discussin' (Or Rantin')  (Read 5356 times)

Ratatosk

• View Profile
Re: Just Discussin' (Or Rantin')
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 04:05:09 PM »

Having a second opinion on nerfing, I would like to see it done. Though what is to be considered about KG and some other Hiden such as being a Jashinist or having Earth Grudge Fear being much stronger than others so people looking for power will flock to the strongest among them within the limits. I myself just want to be a Sage that can use the KG Hyouton without worry about someone just being strong because they essentially become a Pseudo-Madara or an Orochimaru experiment. 

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 10:53:44 PM »

Becqurel: I use to do that yes but I grew up so to speak. They way I fight/rp, if I encounter something silly, I simply deal with it. I don't try to tell the other person they can't do whatever it may be. Unless it's something that they just should not have, like a jutsu that the holder did not give them or something. Even then, If I can counter it or neutralize it, I really don't waste time arguing about it. I come here to rp, not have OOC fights about who can do what.

If people who want certain things, actually rp'd out working to get it, I don't see what the big deal is.  And Court, Avoiding the people that you find OP or whatever may the issue may be, I think would be the best way to not be bothered by it. If that person makes a move on the village you are with, you can either work to find common ground or stay out of it.  Arguing and worrying about everything someone else does is not going to solve a thing. I learned this the hard way cuz like Bec said, I use to fuss people out just for complaining and it would get so bad. Never got anything accomplished. I find that my time here is MUCH better now that I just accept reasonable claims and just be a ninja.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 02:59:07 AM »

Well, truthfully, I'm never in an argument with people, but it's just something I've noticed -- least, lately, I haven't had an issue OOCly brought to my attention; granted, I haven't done much combat RP. Some things inevitably I can't avoid, like if I have to defend someone or something (village), so as much as I would want to, some cases I can't. Granted, I am usually not the one to defend things, least lately, but I do kind of feel bad I haven't helped out. But, even still, an argument is likely regardless because attacking a village involves a bunch of people usually and I'm pretty sure there's always been issues with that sort of thing.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 03:38:17 AM »

Was no issues at all at Suna til near the end, when people started taking a while to post so things started lagging. Ended on a good note though I daresay, caused several smaller follow-up plots too.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 05:41:43 AM »

Was someone not affiliated attacking the village? Cause, it's kind of different when you GM something specifically for activity and that village, no? >>;

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 02:23:42 PM »

Was someone not affiliated attacking the village? Cause, it's kind of different when you GM something specifically for activity and that village, no? >>;

+1. Things did not start out quite as smoothly in Konoha (partly due to the timing of it all) and it took some time for everything to settle as it has now.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 05:41:12 PM »

The GM run events seem to always go smoother than the "I am god falling on you to wipe out the world. quail and wail and die you peons" scenario.

I feel this is because there is a sense of fun in the event rather than being set upon, insulted, abused, and run over like road kill.

For me it is much more satisfying to have an event rp where there is a plot to the session, something that fits a storyline that can in the end lead to smaller and more inclusive roles for numerous people to then go off and explore all the things their characters can be.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 05:53:12 PM »

I agree with you both; it is, without a doubt, different entirely -- if it's an event, you can always assume that it'll usually be 'laid-back', meaning that whoever is GMing usually won't actually destroy the entire village and what not because they're also affiliated with it (GMs are usually programing the npc to lose anyway, so long as those protecting defend appropriately and solve whatever puzzle) -- they give you a wide chance to actually do good, while someone who's not affiliated is set to kill, destroy, so it's much more serious and less enjoyable (most of the time) because they don't have the same 'interests'; if that makes sense. There's legit clashing.

Raising my Karma, one point at a time. :o

But, anyway, now that I'll be trying to get back into RP here, if anyone would like to RP (even if you want to nerf), feel free to hit me up. o.o7
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.