Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Runner  (Read 5745 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Runner
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:32:05 PM »

I've been on SL for 10 years. Seen countless fights and have been in some. Never ever has this been attempted. I've tried to explain that he can't, but I'm just one person.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8455.15.html

In my bijuu fight vs Ichirou he tries to escape via FTG. It's a 1 v 1 IC deathmatch.

..................discuss.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Runner
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:37:19 PM »

Well, I made off from a potential biju challenge back before the challenge rules were back in place. Had I FTG I would have claimed that as my method of escape.  ;)

But yeah...

ºHow to declare a winnerº
The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue...

The basic rules of the challenge is that the fight only ends when eitehr combatant is unable to continue. You can't end the fight by running, though you might can drag it out.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:04 PM »

This is an Ic match, the rp was started in Amegakure and the only reason that it was moved to the forum instead of the zone (zone 2) was for documentation purposes. We're just outside of Amegakure, and I simply teleported back to the Amekage. If the Match were OOC I would consider this illegal but with it being Ic it doesn't make sense to me why it would. I've been in a long Biju match and things got Sticky, so I returned to my village to protect the beast within me for the sake of myself and the biju. Why in any world would it make sense that if I had the option to abort the battle if need by I wouldn't take it? With this being IC that means everything story wise that has happened to my character including interaction with others all leads up to this rp, where as OOC it's almost like the fight happens in a different dimension where none of that has been done.

I'm not even that far from my village, so it only makes sense that I would transport back to said village if the need be, and I felt the need be'd.

I'm not trying to say the fight is over and he can't come back to the village try to find me again and keep it going lol, I'm just getting away from him first and foremost. It's not like Ichirou couldn't have continued if he wanted to, it's tactical retreat, that's just using your head.

The rules do stipulate that if I can't continue it's over, but I can continue, and I continue'd right back to Amegakure

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:44:36 PM »

If it were allowed it would have been tried before. There's been countless battles for bijuu and none have attempted this. Why do you think that is?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:46:17 PM »

Because no one ever thought about it and because they want to be the greatest SL player ever?

Mind you, I didn't read the rules because I don't care. I'm just stating my opinion. Tactical retreats are real things in combat. Don't see why you CAN'T do it. Though, FTG seems kind of cheap if you're gonna pull it off. Basically because it's just *poof* and you're not there anymore.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »

Eric just said that he got away from a Biju challenge though it wasn't via FTG,

and they just didn't do it?

As a jinchuriki, I don't think it's logical to sit and fight until you die every single time, if you don't have to then why would you? When the Akatsuki are coming after the beast you don't just hand it to them, the fight doesn't have to be over because I left the zone,

and when you need instant transport you need instant transport lol

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »

Also. If we're going for 'canon' here, Bee technically escaped a 'bijuu challenge'. So, it's happened in the series don't see why it can't happen here.
Personally, if it drags on too long and just gets more and more absurd, I'd be tired of it too.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 10:53:08 PM »

Because no one ever thought about it and because they want to be the greatest SL player ever?

Mind you, I didn't read the rules because I don't care. I'm just stating my opinion. Tactical retreats are real things in combat. Don't see why you CAN'T do it. Though, FTG seems kind of cheap if you're gonna pull it off. Basically because it's just *poof* and you're not there anymore.

I haven't read the entire rules for biju since I have never hosted one and never went to get one so yeah, still I believe that if the rp was IC and they were not far from the village he could go back.

Though this probably going to start a 50 page debate. I say get three judges to vote on it. Like the current judge for the fight and two unbiased mods.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 10:56:05 PM »

This ISN'T Naruto. Keep that in mind.

"Special Conditions: Even though the challenge method is IC hunt, the participants of the battle can be gathered and the fight moved to the forum, to prevent board clutter and the losing of posts."

That's why it's on the forums. It's organized better.

We agreed to a 1 v 1 death match. Not a 1 v 1 time waster. If I had known you would try to run do you think I would've wasted my time doing this? No I wouldn't. You can't accept a challenge, let it go on for weeks and then once you're in a tight spot just FTG out of there. That's not how it works, once again.

We never discussed running because no one has tried to do it yet cause they had the mindset that you can't.

"The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue."

You leaving means you're forfeiting the bijuu.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 11:00:39 PM »

I don't forfeit the Biju because I left the area, you don't have me captured, you don't have my biju.

if it was OOC you'd be completely right, but it's not. And I and others disagree with you about this.

And yeah that's what I said, documentation.

If you had come to the village with intent to fight me then and there then we wouldn't be in this situation, i told you that. there's only like two people that I can FTG to and they usually fight alongside me. You're the one who wanted to go out of the village, you're the one who put yourself in the position of me just leaving.

They obviously didn't have the mindset that you can't, because i've never thought you can't.

"The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth."

I am not 'unable to continue' at all. Tactical retreat is a combat tactic, why wouldn't I utilize combat tactics while in combat?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 11:03:35 PM »

"We agreed to a 1 v 1 death match."

Death Match. On SL that means until someone dies. You never brought up being able to run therefore unless one of us dies you'd be breaking the rules of the agreed upon death match.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 11:09:08 PM »

I assumed that with IC it was already possible to be able to run, you never brought up not being able to run.

But even still my argument still remains that the match is IC, You came to the village and we left together and began combat, that doesn't mean I can't return, and like i said we didn't discuss whether or not I could or couldn't,

If the match isn't over until one of us dies, then the match just isn't over. Come and find me if it's that big of a deal

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 11:24:02 PM »

... If the match isn't over until one of us dies, then the match just isn't over. Come and find me if it's that big of a deal

The rules of the fight from the very get-go are completely against you on this. I ran BEFORE biju challenges were reinstated as a thing; I have never, at any point ran from a biju battle *(At least, not before the current rules were back in place)*. If that were an option I would have dipped in every single one of my biju battles after my first attack would have failed, because my character doesn't stick around till the death. As I will reiterate again, running to another 1v1 location and running to a place where 1v1 just isn't feasible (plus other complications) are two completley differnet kinds of retreats as far as biju challenge fights go.

ºHow to declare a winnerº
The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth. So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use. However, things can, of course, become debatable in attempt to reach such a goal & in doing so arguments are bound to commence. If need be, either party can have onlookers & such /dis/agree with the action until a verdict is reached. If desired, either party can have other hosts or officials of sorts represent them for a more "legitimized" (as some have called it) reasoning or "Back-up".

I am not saying that you can't retreat, but you can't declare the battle over either, nor should Shadow have to re-enter Ame and basically do the "find and lure" portion of it all over again with the threat of outsiders interfering in that process. That's (pardon my language) bs and a complete abuse of the IC challenge. The only way that would be fair is if everyone else in Ame was completely ignored as Shadow chased you into the village, which I know for sure Kage would definitely not go for since there is likely to be collateral damage.

All terms and rules have been agreed to previously through discussion through the pms.

The match is 1v1 by decision, and will be occuring in the wetlands just outside of Amegakure.

Trev will be the judge,

Shadow will be posting first, continuing the rp from the village.

At the end of the day, I would like to hear what your judge has to say on the matter. It is one thing to relocate to another zone, but it's another to go back to your village, possibly recharge, and then force the challenger to basically fight you again after finding you again.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:27:39 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 11:29:05 PM »

I can't speak for other people but my post was reinforced before I posted it, and no one had any big issue about me leaving

The way that I see it if he didn't want this to happen then he shouldn't have wanted me to come out of the village in the first place, It's not like i've been abusing FTG or retreating from tons of IC fights,

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 11:31:18 PM »

I can't speak for other people but my post was reinforced before I posted it, and no one had any big issue about me leaving

The way that I see it if he didn't want this to happen then he shouldn't have wanted me to come out of the village in the first place, It's not like i've been abusing FTG or retreating from tons of IC fights,

Unless you start FTG'ing from every bijuu fight you start losing now.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.