Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Running from a bijuu fight.  (Read 8728 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Running from a bijuu fight.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 01:09:22 AM »

So if this allowed, you're basically saying a host can use FTG or Kamui to flee pretty much at any point? Mine as well not even fight them anymore. Unless you metagame  and do a anti space-time barrier first post.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 01:10:30 AM »

Yeah. And if you didnt want them to then discuss it beforehand

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 01:13:49 AM »

Short post.

There was never a rule against it. It can be made a rule if enough people want it to be, but it wouldn't have any effect on the current match.

Short example: If eating ice cream was made illegal right now, you can't go arrest and charge everyone who has ever eaten it.

Historical example: Former slave owners post the abolishing of slavery can't be arrested, since they no longer own slaves.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 01:17:46 AM »

I am against running away by any means from the match.

If you can't take the heat, do not be a host.

I am against enforced death. We discussed the death issue numerous times, and it is fact that to kill a host before extraction causes it to be respawned...that the challenger has bungled his skill by killing the host and should not get the beast as a result of his inability to capture the host and extract the beast.

And those are my thoughts and opinions. It was also my opinion that this issue of running was so standard...that no one thought we had to mention it. Kind of like no one has made a rule against bringing an atomic bomb and 6 jedi warrior's to a bijuu match either. Its just...seriously...ridiculous.

How can the heavy weight champion of the world retain his title if he leaves the ring and runs away? He cannot. It is a forfeit and the title goes to the challenger..

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 01:18:23 AM »

That's ridiculous, if anything it should be in your rules before hand, not something someone has to think about and figure out. The whole point of somebody taking time to make a whole page of rules is to list their preferences in a fight. It is not up to the challenger to question every single possible thing, you should have listed it as the host.

You're gonna have to boot me, no way you'll convince me a challenger who has spent weeks/months of time in the zone fighting, waiting for his challenge, and trying to know you have the biju IC has to simply restart cause the host can disappear at any second. If you hadn't reached the repost limit you and Shadow agreed upon, I'd say repost, but that's no the case.

@Kage, then he's going have to boot me for a horrendous decision on my part, judges usually get final say, that's the whole point of having them and the biju rules. They are to make decisions that often are not answered in the biju rules.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 01:18:44 AM »

I am against running away by any means from the match.

If you can't take the heat, do not be a host.

I am against enforced death. We discussed the death issue numerous times, and it is fact that to kill a host before extraction causes it to be respawned...that the challenger has bungled his skill by killing the host and should not get the beast as a result of his inability to capture the host and extract the beast.

And those are my thoughts and opinions. It was also my opinion that this issue of running was so standard...that no one thought we had to mention it. Kind of like no one has made a rule against bringing an atomic bomb and 6 jedi warrior's to a bijuu match either. Its just...seriously...ridiculous.

How can the heavy weight champion of the world retain his title if he leaves the ring and runs away? He cannot. It is a forfeit and the title goes to the challenger..

I don't want to kill Ichirou. So there's that.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 01:18:50 AM »

I could have sworn I implemented a "cannot run unless" clause in the rules during my first go of writing them. Might've gotten lost during the edits.

TL;DR of it: Cannot run unless you manage to act out the run away. Essentially you have to give the opponent a chance to stop you from running. Suddenly poofing isn't good enough.

Also, Ichi, you're as much a fault as you claim Shadow to be about running away. He didn't foresee it to be a clause, but you didn't ask him if it was something perfectly acceptable as an alternative to an AGREED UPON(!) death match.

Lastly, how can you say "tactical retreat, it's perfectly fine since he can find me" when you even said "he utilized Hiraishin to teleport to a previously placed marker, at a destination his opponent would be currently unaware of. "

Now he has to hunt you down again to continue, and you're saying it's because the battle dragged on for too long? C'mon, man.

Bull snickers.

There was never a rule against it. It can be made a rule if enough people want it to be, but it wouldn't have any effect on the current match.

Totally was. I wrote it myself a while back.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:21:41 AM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 01:21:20 AM »

How a biju fight is won or lost is already in the rules:

ºHow to declare a winnerº
The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth. So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use. However, things can, of course, become debatable in attempt to reach such a goal & in doing so arguments are bound to commence. If need be, either party can have onlookers & such /dis/agree with the action until a verdict is reached. If desired, either party can have other hosts or officials of sorts represent them for a more "legitimized" (as some have called it) reasoning or "Back-up".

Making the challenger restart the challenger definitely does not fall under this. We actually need an explicit rule for this? Sometime in the past someone asked as similiar question, and you know what, yeah, we DO need an explicit rule for this.

If you can run away from a biju challenge, period, and declare that the end of the match (nevermind a chase around the zone) then why even bother having challenges? Just return to IC RP fights, since most people seem to prefer IC fights anyways (due to various reasons) and put the challengers out of their misery, because to allow outright fleeing of any kind in a biju challenge match is ludicrious.

I can understand regular RP. I can understand even an OOC fight in an arena. But a biju match should not be fleeable. Like most trainer battles in pokemon. You fight till the fight is done.

Especially if that retreat would essentially reset the entire challenge to the point where the challenger has to go through the same process as before in order to finish the battle.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 01:25:52 AM »

Because in the match he wouldn't know I was teleporting to Ame, oh it's so hard to walk back to the village that isn't even that far away -.-

Secondly, the fact that I didn't mention anything against it in my rules would mean that I was for it, Otherwise I would have said i didn't condone it.

I never said it wasn't my fault for bringing it up, but I have my rules and it wasn't mentioned to be illegal, so why would it be? Like Kage said there isn't a rule for it yet,

and Trev I can understand being caught in a Biju match for forever and doing all the stuff to hunt the host down, but I didn't make it complicated to find me, the only thing that took our match so long to start was deciding on it being a 1v1, however I myself *personally* do not have a problem with people running from the match if they feel the need, especially when it comes to something as relevant as a Biju, if I was taking a Biju Ic i wouldn't go for it by myself 9 times out of 10 anyway.

It still stands that he didn't bring it to me as a void, and it wasn't listed in my rules to be a void, the rules were accepted and the match began, so in my eyes it wouldn't be voided. I allow the ability to flee from the match because people do not always want to die and lose their stuff and fleeing is occasionally the only way to prevent that, I do my Rp as if I actually were the ninja, and actually had this extremely valuable thing.

If a mugger tries to mug you and you get a second to get away you're not just going to sit around the mugger, you're going to take your valuables and you're going to get away from

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 01:33:03 AM »

Like Kage said, NO rules were broken. Shadow accepted his rules and it was not listed in there that someone had to die for the fight to end.  It is not Ichi's fault that Shadow never said that this was an issue. If this were real, no one is going to sit there and keep fighting if the situation calls for retreat.

I think Shadow should just come back to Ame and try again. This time make sure you don't make that same mistake. Would Itachi cry and say 'its not fair' if his target fled? No. He would regroup and try again making sure that the target has not the means to flee in the same manor.

I cannot believe that this topic has gone on this long. If you don't want them to run away, take measures that insure the target cannot simply flee. 

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 01:39:29 AM »

Like Kage said, NO rules were broken. Shadow accepted his rules and it was not listed in there that someone had to die for the fight to end.  It is not Ichi's fault that Shadow never said that this was an issue. If this were real, no one is going to sit there and keep fighting if the situation calls for retreat.

I think Shadow should just come back to Ame and try again. This time make sure you don't make that same mistake. Would Itachi cry and say 'its not fair' if his target fled? No. He would regroup and try again making sure that the target has not the means to flee in the same manor.

I cannot believe that this topic has gone on this long. If you don't want them to run away, take measures that insure the target cannot simply flee.

Kage said no, but Trev, Shadow, Eric, Raifudo, and Kay all said yes. Spoiler one of these is the judge of the fight, which normally dictates how a decision goes. Also, the whole "if you don't want them to run away", take measures to stop them is pretty moot when the escape method is instant.

Like I've been saying, this issue is no big deal, you can't just use a space time jutsu to flee. The only reason it is, is because Ichi is out of repost, meaning this was it for him. Shadow was out too, it was literally next big mistake loses.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 01:40:23 AM »

So what are we going to do about this then? Are we going to strip someone of their Tailed Beast for a rule or agreement that doesn't exist?

Don't get entirely emotional on the subject. Use your head too. Otherwise this is no better than the Salem Witch Trials.

As for Raifudo saying that it was in the original rules, I don't really see it on the wiki page. But I may be mistaken. This is from 2011, so there will be many topics and revisions that'll need sorting through. Let me know when we find the "no running" rule though.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Tailed_Beasts?diff=prev&oldid=4302

You can call me out for some bias for this being a matter concerning my village's affairs. But at the same time, I try to fight for what is fair in this topic and others, since it's common knowledge that if you want something to go with your own agenda here, then you gotta rail somebody against a wall until they stop talking or submit.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 01:43:29 AM »

Coming from someone who has nothing at all to do with any of this, I have to agree with the judge's ruling. But I DO NOT agree that fleeing = losing. I do disagree with the methods of fleeing taken in this example though, because it's basically like teleporting away from the fight with no way someone could stop you.

If I were in Ichi's position and used Becquerel's teleportation ability to get away, I feel it would be fair for me to lose the position because it's a pretty cheap method. If Ichi used some sort of restraining ability or genjutsu or something to basically keep Shadow busy and then sped away on foot or on a summon it would be okay as long as Shadow could not manage to chase after him. (Though realistically, when would that ever happen? Everyone here's super fast and can sense everything and get out of anything lol)

When it comes to FTG (or my teleportation technique or any others), it's a quick zip away from a fight. My method takes a turn to prepare at least, but FTG can honestly be done instantly according to what Minato showed us.

The bad thing about all of this is that getting the title of the Jink basically means that people are out to get you always. So fight after fight would probably be mentally draining on the actual player because they constantly have to put up with it and don't get much time to actually play this game (RP) with their power. So fleeing should be a viable option (Like Bee did to Sasuke) if done properly.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 01:43:35 AM »

I gave Ichirou 2 reposts already cause I'm a nice guy, just adding that in. Even though his rules dictate 1 per person.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 01:44:51 AM »

I don't think this is a matter of you being biased Kage. That thought never entered my mind.

however, I think that if Ichi has said, "hey...can I run away during the match" That Shadow, once he stopped laughing, would have replied, "uhm...no. Let's make that a rule that you cannot."

My disbelief that this is an issue is outstanding. Do what you will with this particular instance, but make it a rule for future matches that this is not permitted. You must defend your beast. That is what being a host means.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 16 queries.