Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Running from a bijuu fight.  (Read 8733 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Running from a bijuu fight.
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 01:45:22 AM »

So what are we going to do about this then? Are we going to strip someone of their Tailed Beast for a rule or agreement that doesn't exist?

Don't get entirely emotional on the subject. Use your head too. Otherwise this is no better than the Salem Witch Trials.

As for Raifudo saying that it was in the original rules, I don't really see it on the wiki page. But I may be mistaken. This is from 2011, so there will be many topics and revisions that'll need sorting through. Let me know when we find the "no running" rule though.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Tailed_Beasts?diff=prev&oldid=4302

You can call me out for some bias for this being a matter concerning my village's affairs. But at the same time, I try to fight for what is fair in this topic and others, since it's common knowledge that if you want something to go with your own agenda here, then you gotta rail somebody against a wall until they stop talking or submit.

Don't you bring up the witch trials to someone who lives in Salem Kage!!! xD

Nobody is calling you biased Kage, you're fighting for what's fair. I just think what's fair is not fleeing anytime you wish with no effort. I don't agree that this thread should dictatce what happens. What needs to happen is Ichi needs to kick me or accept my ruling, else what's the point in a judge?

I assume he'll boot me, meaning the new judge will decide how this one particular fight goes, once over ya'll can edit the biju rules over this as you see fit.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 01:46:36 AM »

So what are we going to do about this then? Are we going to strip someone of their Tailed Beast for a rule or agreement that doesn't exist?

Don't get entirely emotional on the subject. Use your head too. Otherwise this is no better than the Salem Witch Trials.

As for Raifudo saying that it was in the original rules, I don't really see it on the wiki page. But I may be mistaken. This is from 2011, so there will be many topics and revisions that'll need sorting through. Let me know when we find the "no running" rule though.

You can call me out for some bias for this being a matter concerning my village's affairs. But at the same time, I try to fight for what is fair in this topic and others, since it's common knowledge that if you want something to go with your own agenda here, then you gotta rail somebody against a wall until they stop talking or submit.

Don't you bring up the witch trials to someone who lives in Salem Kage!!! xD

Nobody is calling you biased Kage, you're fighting for what's fair. I just think what's fair is not fleeing anytime you wish with no effort. I don't agree that this thread should dictatce what happens. What needs to happen is Ichi needs to kick me or accept my ruling, else what's the point in a judge?

I assume he'll boot me, meaning the new judge will decide how this one particular fight goes, once over ya'll can edit the biju rules over this as you see fit.

You were kicked and a new judge was picked. Thank you for being in my corner Trev. <3
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 01:48:46 AM »

A rule that discourages this kind of action is already in place though:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8016.0.html

I've quoted it at least once already, but again:

ºHow to declare a winnerº
The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth. So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use. However, things can, of course, become debatable in attempt to reach such a goal & in doing so arguments are bound to commence. If need be, either party can have onlookers & such /dis/agree with the action until a verdict is reached. If desired, either party can have other hosts or officials of sorts represent them for a more "legitimized" (as some have called it) reasoning or "Back-up".

They describe how a tailed beast challenge is won. It is already in writing, and it has been in writing for a very long time now.

A narutoprofile wikia page, from 2011, is so outdated on something as hot as tailed beast rules that if you're going purely by that, there is no wonder that there is some confusion here.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 01:52:15 AM »

Then my work here is done. Just like to say no hard feelings to you Ichi, you're still a great roleplayer. You just did what lots of us who have lost biju battles do, made a mistake with no repost.

With the two picking a new judge, that should decide how that battle goes. Thus the discussion here should shy away from Ichi and Shadow specifically and discuss this as a general amendment, with it having no weight on the fight.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 01:59:04 AM »

Side note about fleeing in general.

Just like attacking on an entrance post is bad form, so is leaving successfully from an RP battle in one post.

It prevents anyone from doing a thing to stop you.

So...if fleeing from a bijuu match, with a set number of posts is going to be a thing. They should make sure to do it well before their last post.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 02:17:57 AM »

But that's the entire problem behind this issue.

We're giving a judge the power to say that Ichirou lost an IC match, just because he performed a retreat that wasn't against the rules. Not all judge rulings are fair in their judgement. I was given a ruling that I had to become character-controlled by my opponent, and was coerced into having to accept it or be stripped. It can't be dealt with since it's an old issue, but I will make sure that this issue is properly addressed and dealt with.

Side note about fleeing in general.

Just like attacking on an entrance post is bad form, so is leaving successfully from an RP battle in one post.

It prevents anyone from doing a thing to stop you.

So...if fleeing from a bijuu match, with a set number of posts is going to be a thing. They should make sure to do it well before their last post.

Hiraishin was always been the strange conundrum about this. It's not something that has to be set-up in any of the postings of the current RP, because it contains the possibility of being already set-up well before any RP session.

Heck, Hiraishin has always been used as a means of escape for any attack, and nobody has had any real quells about this until now.

But if you guys really want to know where he Hiraishin'd to, it was to me. One of his already-established Hiraishin markings was on a pool ball that I usually carry around in my coat pocket. I was asked to review his post before he made it, and I said that it looked fine since no rules were being broken. I did know it would cause some controversy, but Hiraishin has always rustled people's jimmies. And you guys only continue to allow that to happen, since there's no real rules about using Hiraishin established anywhere.

Lots of you Hiraishin kids are able to do this at any time, and I'm sure plenty of you have done this. But when it happens to you, well now it becomes a community issue, doesn't it? At least my pseudo-Hiraishin has a very limited distance that can easily be closed.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 02:34:47 AM »

But that's the entire problem behind this issue.

We're giving a judge the power to say that Ichirou lost an IC match, just because he performed a retreat that wasn't against the rules...

1) That's kind of what a judge, for an IC match does.

2) The way he's trying to retreat is against the rules of how biju challenges are decided. He isn't just coming to your office for a smoke break, he fully intends (from what I have read) on having Shadow actually come after him, once again entering Amegakure. If he were to go in unharassed and still have a 1v1 battle with Ichirou (the agreed upon fight) then I would want access to see how that pans out in Amegakure.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 02:41:42 AM »

My objection to auto exiting is you assume your opponent can do nothing to stop you. It is character control in that sense. that is why it is not good form to do it in one post. Even if you have it set up in advance, it doesn't mean that your opponent might not have some way of preventing this from occurring...or even following you through your space-time jutsu to be hot on your heels.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 02:44:30 AM »

Once again, I would have retreated via a different method if it were a possibility, but it wasn't.

I'd also like to note that I'm not actually out of options if I get Kamui'd. But that's not really relevant here.

I don't see why there is such a big issue with this, It wasn't stated for me to void it, it's not that I was unable to continue that was just my choice counter for this technique, it's not like I had anywhere else to Hiraishin to, otherwise I would have.

To me this still stands as something that would be individually voided. Like using the Rikudou powers or swift release. I just don't happen to void it myself

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 02:45:34 AM »

Like Kage said, NO rules were broken. Shadow accepted his rules and it was not listed in there that someone had to die for the fight to end.  It is not Ichi's fault that Shadow never said that this was an issue. If this were real, no one is going to sit there and keep fighting if the situation calls for retreat.

I think Shadow should just come back to Ame and try again. This time make sure you don't make that same mistake. Would Itachi cry and say 'its not fair' if his target fled? No. He would regroup and try again making sure that the target has not the means to flee in the same manor.

I cannot believe that this topic has gone on this long. If you don't want them to run away, take measures that insure the target cannot simply flee.

Kage said no, but Trev, Shadow, Eric, Raifudo, and Kay all said yes. Spoiler one of these is the judge of the fight, which normally dictates how a decision goes. Also, the whole "if you don't want them to run away", take measures to stop them is pretty moot when the escape method is instant.

Like I've been saying, this issue is no big deal, you can't just use a space time jutsu to flee. The only reason it is, is because Ichi is out of repost, meaning this was it for him. Shadow was out too, it was literally next big mistake loses.

So what you are saying is: You guys say he broke a rule that does not even exist? Really?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 02:51:00 AM »

... I've quoted it at least once already, but again:

The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth. So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use. However, things can, of course, become debatable in attempt to reach such a goal & in doing so arguments are bound to commence. If need be, either party can have onlookers & such /dis/agree with the action until a verdict is reached. If desired, either party can have other hosts or officials of sorts represent them for a more "legitimized" (as some have called it) reasoning or "Back-up".

They describe how a tailed beast challenge is won. It is already in writing, and it has been in writing for a very long time now...

He did break a rule that does actually exist. Once we get that settled once and for all then we'll go back over how he broke that in gory detail.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 02:56:21 AM »

I remember this talk now :D and the reason it wasn't implemented. Redundancy was the issue. When I first wrote the rules, I didn't consider running from a challenge would be a legitimate thing. It wasn't until it happened between HalfDragonLuka vs. someone that we enforced it. We ended up with just writing how a match could end instead of making it its own rule.

Coming from someone who has nothing at all to do with any of this, I have to agree with the judge's ruling. But I DO NOT agree that fleeing = losing. I do disagree with the methods of fleeing taken in this example though, because it's basically like teleporting away from the fight with no way someone could stop you.

This was it, essentially. This is what we were going to implement. Give the opponent a chance to stop you. If you cannot be stopped, sucks for them. But instant =/= "they could have put me down much before I got to this point". That's why we said how the match ends, because running is allowed so long it is plausible or, at least in some way, legitimate/agreeable on.

This was the kicker clause of it all: "So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use." As Shadow did not agree, you turn to your judge who is supposed to rule on it.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:58:21 AM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2015, 03:00:54 AM »

So to counter a technique that is canonly unavoidable unless countered with another canon technique that has been shown to be one of the only canon counters against it, is character control?

Technically Kamui is something that is very similar to Hiraishin in the term of being used to escape pretty much anything. Either it be an attack or a battle.

But this was an IC battle where escape is entirely possible. In an OOC match, escaping truly means forfeiting since you've got nowhere to go.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 03:05:32 AM »

I don't see the redundancy in the rule, the way that it was stated for a match to end does not add up to fleeing, because one does not always flee when they cannot continue the battle.

Like I said before this is something that should be placed in the voids list, that's like someone not putting Swift release in their void list, fighting someone who uses swift release, and then saying that it should be void because it's op, and then the judge agreeing. But swift release wasn't in the void list for the agreed upon rules, so it's too late for all that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:07:19 AM by Ichirou Hyuuga »

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 03:14:53 AM »

... I've quoted it at least once already, but again:

They describe how a tailed beast challenge is won. It is already in writing, and it has been in writing for a very long time now...

He did break a rule that does actually exist. Once we get that settled once and for all then we'll go back over how he broke that in gory detail.

So Ichirou did not break that rule seeing as he can still fight. The reason for leaving was because he was getting tired of the long drawn out process, NOT because he could not continue.
It was never stated that tactical retreat was against any rule...EVER. So how are yall gonna sit here and say its's breaking a rule now? Just because it has never been done before does not mean that it is impossible as Yujo stated. That seems to be what this boils down too.

So what that it has never been done before? Just because no one else thought of it does not mean he broke a rule. If it was an issue it should have been stated BEFORE the fight. Not after it happens.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.