Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hunters Guild: Tango in the Tundra.  (Read 6197 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Hunters Guild: Tango in the Tundra.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 04:58:42 AM »

Rusaku would look to Bec with a confident chuckle “I can do a great many things my friend. And be thankful, it’s not every day you get to see the full extent of an Ōtsutsuki’s power.”

Then the ground would rumble, a feeling he was very in tune with through his seismic sense techniques. “It’s time for the hunt ladies and gentleman.” and with a flick of his white cloak he too would exit the cave.

Once outside his Byakugan would activate, expanding his vision to the staggering levels of 10km in every direction. This would surely put the beast within his range. Sure he knew the monster would be big, but he needed to know exactly what he was going to be up against.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 06:33:38 AM »

No matter which way you looked at it, this thing was huge. The birds wouldn't even have to pass over the mountains to see the thing looming in the distance. The only reason the men were unable to see it was because of the angle they were at. If they were perhaps a bit higher, they'd see the large beast. To try and put it into perspective, a Full Sized Bijuu would come up just short of his waist, or perhaps even to his waist, depending on the beast.

It was walking by them, blissfully unaware.

Athos would step out the cave as well and take a deep breath as he would roll his shoulders, starting to walk towards the thing a bit before stopping,"We should start to head over there soon, depending on how long it takes for your birds to come back." He said calmly, crossing his arms over his chest.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 07:14:56 AM »

Accipiter was a swift little thing and she winged it back to Chikitada landing on his outstretched arm, digging her claws into the heavy glove. A few choice words exchanged and he hefted her back up into the air once more.

"She says the beast if over that direction and by the sounds of it much bigger than even I expected. Looks like we got ourselves a real prize trophy in the making here lads." The elder Yoshi was not a verbose man, but a few drinks would certainly loosen him up some. But that was for evening back at the gathering hall where lies were told and tales could be swapped in peace. He was well aware they had a mission to tend to. He gestured in the direction the bird flew off, totally unnecessary given all there ability to see, and said, "Shall we be off then?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 07:39:11 AM »

He looked towards the group with a smile. "Well, time to not get killed by it. After we split up, we'll give you some time before he and I start distracting this giant." He looked at his partner. "Should I launch the first strike, or do you want to do your giant thing? I don't know if you need to prepare or not."
He was ready to move, waiting for Rusaku to do the same. Whenever they did start moving, he would explain his plan. "I was thinking I could grab a tree or maybe a big rock and hurl it at one of its eyes. As long as I lead the target, I can hit it for sure...As long as it doesn't notice us though. I anticipate success rate of about forty-three percent, judging by the fact that it might move its head once it catches sight of it. If it wasn't so tall, I'd be able to wing it right at him, but that distance I got to cover is a lot. And things take time to get places."
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 09:06:29 PM »

Rusaku would listen closely to Bec, his words sparking somewhat of an idea. “Well, instead of trying to get it with brute force alone, Athos and I could actually use the Shadow imitation technique together and try to bind the beast while you deliver some damage with Yoshi. I know if Athos and I can power up to our fullest, we could surely hold the beast for several moments at least, giving you all a window to strike.”

He would focus in on the beast with his byakugan as the pair moved, the size of the beast far more intimidating than he imagined. “Though if we do stick with my initial idea, I will indeed require a moment or three to get the chakra flowing. Something like this is going to take some juice ya know?”

Quickly he would reach into his pack and draw out a kunai in the shape of a lighting bolt, and would toss it through the air to bec. “It’s marked with my seal. I should be able to get to you at a moment’s notice with that if things go downhill."

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 01:40:54 AM »

The beast stepped forward, though it's eyes would start to scan the area before it, hoping to try and catch more humans in it's path.

Athos would listen to what Rusaku said and would nod his head,"That could work, sure. But even with my skill and yours, we'd be only able to get a few minutes... If anything, that'll be our plan B, if anything goes wrong." And with that, Athos would turn and start to walk towards the beast with Yoshi, though at hearing Rusaku give Bec a marked Kunai, he thought it was a great idea, taking out a plain looking kunai that was marked and offering it to Yoshi,"Here, this is just in case things go sour."

Once they'd had made a bit of distance between themselves and the other two, Athos would speak to the man with him,"So, what should our game-plan be? It's a big thing but it did look top heavy."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 01:53:37 PM »

Chikitada proceeded along to the right of Athos until the point in which he could view the beast towering to an incredible height in the distance. His hunting birds were circling round in the sky beyond the creatures opposite flank as though seeking other prey upon the further slopes of the land. The elder Yoshi took the marked kunai silently and placed it within his utility belt thoughtfully pondering the words of his fellow hunters.

"Hamstringing him, bringing him down to size, seems like it would work to our advantage. As you say, he seems top heavy." The elderly swords master had a few tricks up his voluminous sleeves. His hands would come to fall upon the hilts of his matching swords. For a creature of ice, his ability with Katon would serve him well this day. And having trained and unlocked the secret techniques of releasing the inner gates within his body, he could far exceed what one would imagine his aged body could in the way of speed, power, and durability.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »

He caught the kunai and looked at it briefly before putting it away in a pouch. "Thanks. Though, if things go rough for you, don't hesitate to evac out of there. But if that'll be plan B, then I'll be ready for it too." As they moved, he planned to distance himself away from the group. "If we're still going with the pincer tactic, I'll get into position and start the distraction. Chikitada, can you communicate with your birds from a distance? We'll need a signal for when you're ready, so a bird call might be the safest bet." He turned his attention to the trees around them. Evergreens. Would work well for what he had in mind.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 10:21:21 PM »

Rusaku would nod lightly, ready to begin this hunt for real.

Suddenly the man would dash forward, his cloak fluttering as he moved. He could no longer waste time with the beast just on the horizon, it’s immense size still a concern for trying to conjure something to fight on par with it.

With a graceful leap, Rusaku would come to land on a boulder slightly larger than the others in the immediate vicinity, to which he would take a seated position, legs crossed with hands folded within his lap. With a controlled exhale, his ancient chakra would begin to pulsate within, before it would emanate from every tenketsu, becoming visible to the naked eye as it danced around his body, creating a cyan aura. Within his mindscape, a voice would ring out;

“Oh, so you think I’m gonna lend you chakra for this after those big words?” The beetle would heckle

“You know if I was still able to use Sage mode, something like this would be simple for me. I need your help right now Chomei. Plus we agreed that you would bail me out of situations like this!” The Otsutsuki would give a toothy grin to his partner, knowing all too well how this would end.

“You know kid, sometimes you are a thorn in my side.” The massive beast would say jokingly.

Now, the once Cyan chakra would begin to turn a dark crimson as the 7 tails would begin to influence his chakra’s potency.

(Turn one of charging chakra. Will be ready by the start of the round after the next.) 

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015, 10:18:36 PM »

Honestly, there wasn't much to say about the beast still... It just kept walking. But it was slowly starting to clear the mountain and soon the people would be able to be seen... That'd be bad.

Athos would start to move into a fast job, assuming the man would be able to keep up with the pace. Seeing as Athos was forty-two, he didn't think anything lesser of the man with them because he looked older. Athos would take a deep breath, rolling his shoulders,"What angle should we try to go in at? If you really want to aim to hamstring him, then we should try to stay close to the ground."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2015, 01:10:50 AM »

Chikitada felt this would be a fairly good idea. Typically colossal creatures were weak against those of their size due to a failure to see notice the ants milling about their own feet. Hopefully the terrain would continue to accommodate them by providing a reasonable measure of cover. "From the rear, naturally. I get the feeling every second is going to count."

Giving Becquerel a thumb's up, he too would have rev'ed up the speed a bit to keep pace with Athos. Internally he was informing his hunting birds of the current plans and to sound off once they began their rush.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2015, 06:28:40 AM »

Becquerel would smile as the plan would come into fruition. Of course, he'd wait for a signal once everyone was in position to perform his attack. "I'm good right here, you get where you gotta get." He got into a position far from the monster, but it never left his sights.

He wrapped his hands around the trunk of a great evergreen and uprooted it almost effortlessly. His right hand's fingers dug into the bark as he held the large tree in one hand, his position resembling that of an Olympian readying to toss a javelin. "Mokuton: Sashiki no Jutsu!" is what he would say before launching the tree at the signal of his team-mates. Of course, no chakra was involved in this technique (if you could even call it a technique). The tree would speed towards the air and hopefully hit it's target, the monster's right eye.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2015, 10:09:35 PM »

Still, Rusaku would gather chakra for his technique.

Turn 2 of gathering. Will be ready next round.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 04:00:41 AM »

In the next few second, they would learn a few things about the giant beast. One of those things is that, just like Yoshi had thought, the beast would have failed to notice them thanks to their size. But it also showed just how alert and smart it was, though not too much. As the tree came to meet it's right eye, as most normal people, it saw the projectile out the corner of it's eye. So it would turn to face it and cause Bec's technique(because it's awesome enough to be called that), would not hit it's goal. Instead, it'd crash against right between it's eyes. What this also revealed was the slight density of the beast's skin, seeing no open would be created at the contact. But it did work to royally piss it off.

It released a scream that would be human if it didn't shake the whole ground violently around them, and hurt the ears of anyone who did it. It's eyes scanned the area which it guessed the tree came from and, though it seemed to squint slightly, it didn't take long before it'd find Bec. This time it released a battlecry before turning suddenly and moving to start towards Bec. As it turned, that would mean its front would be facing Athos and Yoshi now and, actually, as it took it's first step it threatened to unknowingly crush the two of them.

And for it's size, the beast moved and reacted surprisingly fast.

There was something about the way a shadow would now be covering him and his partner. If he didn't think the man with him could handle himself, he'd grab him and haul him into safety. But instead of doing something like that, Athos increased his own speed and turned on his feet so that he'd be running towards the back of the beast and under the foot that threatened to crush him. Of course, in the snow, his feet slipped on a patch of ice that has hidden and the tall man actually would come into a roll and just barely miss being crushed by the foot. The force of the step caused snow to erupt slightly, engulfing Athos and sending him further into a roll. Though he'd end up on his feet at the end, barely, clothes covered in snow.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 04:50:17 AM »

Despite Chikitada's age, the man moved with slight celerity for he was taking no chances. Liberating Kaimon, the Gate of Opening, the man's restraint upon his considerable muscle mass was released to the point of gaining access to 100% of his ability. He sent forth the signal through his mental link to the hunting birds who immediately set up a piercing cry to the beat's other side. The two birds dove toward the periphery of the giant's head while emitting their attack shrills to try and draw its attention back from the direction of their master and Athos and toward themselves. Within the cloak of darkness the elderly man made his advancing move to dart underneath the raised hoof beside Athos.

While the foot came down, nearly crushing the duo, Chikitada bolted upward with a twisting motion on the rising wave of snow toward the back of it's ankle far above them. He viewed the fetlock twitching from the tremor of that great limb hitting the ground, being in a position to face the back of the ankle, and drew both his swords in a cross handed fashion. The force of his muscles lashed outward and up as he cut at the tendon of the mighty beast with all the power they contained. With his right hand directing the scoring lash of the blade he wielded slightly above that which the left would attempt, he directed the upward slashes with skill and deadly intent. He did not cause his blades to ignite with katon for stealth was still the aim, however the might of those dual blows would surely sever that tight band of the brute's Achilles tendon if they should strike true.

But one chance was given, in that quick rush of time, for the rise of the snow would carry him back and away. With a somersault in the air, he landed back on the ground, his right knee pressed into the snow and his blades stretched out behind him with head bowed to the ground. The rush of battle filled his body and rejuvenated his soul once more. Surely a close observer might catch the glimpse of the edges of his mustache rising from the grin of delight upon his lips.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.