Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hunters Guild Discussion: Rewards for Hunts(Current Members Please Comment)  (Read 5022 times)

Hazama

• View Profile

So Ichirou and I have been talking about trying to work out some type of reward system for the hunters, and there was an idea that we hit back and forth a bit.

When a Hunter beats a Beast with his team, they would get a trophy that is made from the body of the beast. And once he start to work out how some monsters may be stronger than others, we could work out how much a trophy can be worth. Or, perhaps we'll just keep them all as one point.

Now I say point, but I don't mean that actually. What I was thinking was that we could have hunting gear, from armor, weapons, one use-rare drop items, that people could trade their trophies in for. They wouldn't exactly be ground breaking, because the point of hunting monsters is for it to be a fun challenge, but... Well, they'd be hunting tools o.o

Swords that may do more damage against a type of monsters, or even monsters in general. Armor that helps protect against whethers and damage dealt. Things like that.

I wanted everyone's thoughts and opinions on this system, or even if someone things they have something that may work better? o.o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile

We could do a video-game system style trophy set up in the sense that A group defeats a beast, and everyone in that group gets the same trophy for killing the same beast.

And once the Hunters Guild HQ gets set up we'll have a Trophy Hunter placed within the building, who will trade weaponry and armor for Trophies,

This NPC will also serve as the blacksmith, and the weapons that he will forged will be designed to be anti-monster weaponry

But none of this transfers over to SL, though

Ѕhadow

• View Profile

DP and $

Get people really into it
 Kidding btw
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile

Put your check on it xD

Rusaku

• View Profile

I would actually like it more if the weapons and such carried over into the SL world. It's already been said that the items won't be extravagant, and would mostly pertain to the hunts in terms of use, so what harm would it do if I had a few teeth that I pulled from a monster hanging from my waste? 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile

Well I just don't want people doing things like

"I have a sword designed to cut through dragon bone so obviously it will slice through any of your defenses."

Or anything along those lines, I mean going by the current member list we wont have any problems but we should still say it for the sake of saying it,

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile

Kay so the link apparently doesn't work, but I played through FFXII and the hunt system there was really great.

You start small, taking on small creatures that are terrorizing little villages, then you move up to larger beasts, until eventually you take on the fabled beasts of old, the beasts that are so crazy powerful it would take maybe an entire alliance of hunters...I dunno where we'd find one of them though.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:26:47 AM by Riku »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile

I think it would be cool if we could get a monster hunt going with every available hunter.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile

Perhaps if we get items from these hunts, they could be one-use items that are only usable on future hunts. For example, defeating an ice monster gives you a weapon/power that's good verses a fire monster. But once it's used, it's gone.
As for SL stuff, I don't mind trophies or stuff that can be warn for flair, but it shouldn't be stuff that gives you actual SL buffs. Just stuff that you can say you have to give your character more character.
Example, a necklace made out of a monster's teeth. A cape made out of their scales. Assless chaps made out of their hide and fur. They'd have no special properties though.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Hazama

• View Profile

Perhaps if we get items from these hunts, they could be one-use items that are only usable on future hunts. For example, defeating an ice monster gives you a weapon/power that's good verses a fire monster. But once it's used, it's gone.
As for SL stuff, I don't mind trophies or stuff that can be warn for flair, but it shouldn't be stuff that gives you actual SL buffs. Just stuff that you can say you have to give your character more character.
Example, a necklace made out of a monster's teeth. A cape made out of their scales. Assless chaps made out of their hide and fur. They'd have no special properties though.

I wanted to do the drop idea >> Ichi kept saying we shouldn't because how would that work? Like, would everyone get the item? Because if you do something like 'Death blow gets the item' people we start to fight and not work together <<; Trying to get the last hit.

But yeah. The point of the armor is to help with hunting monsters here but on SL, it's just the badass hide of an monster you helped kill xD

I still like the idea of getting trophies from the monsters and then trading those in to get items >> Currently, or just turning the item into something.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Deathstroke

• View Profile

Assless chaps made out of their hide and fur. They'd have no special properties though.

Other than being incredibly sexy.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile

I honestly like the idea of trading trophies in to get specific items but ill give my opinion on how this could work.

Trophies- ? to each member of the group for each Monster Raid Depending on level of monster.

Monster levels- Not every monster is the same some are gonna be easier then other's
Some are gonna be quite easy,
 why other's are gonna be like H*** Guacamole i think i just made fudge.

So make a monster level system lots of game have them.
S-5
A-3
B-1

for now let's just say 3 to keep it simple now every level has it's own amount of trophy rewards

what can you get with trophy awards?

Amount of trophy's required
5- Blade of _____, ring of_____, skin of_____, etc provide's extra defense or carrying it provides extra damage to said monster type?
Reptiles or animal types , or elemental types. You get One use after that poof? that way you save them up for who knows what or make them perma? its up to you
None of the items carry over to SL it's only for here against monsters

3- Let's say you get an accessory for what ever monster you've killed in any of your raids?
I mean it's not like we're not gonna keep a record of what monsters have been killed right? so pay 3 and you can pick out some cool accessory formed off of whatever monster you've killed that can only be picked by the group that actually killed it? or the player can make a description of said item and take it?

1- You get a poster or title <slayer of Jinux the Man Eater> or something you can put on your sl bio?
<.< cause you shouldn't be expecting much for 1 point anyway >.> get out of here

sorry if it's not that great but it's early lol and i thought i'd give a quick input
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:25:47 AM by Murciélago/Bryantheexiled »

Mei

• View Profile

I actually don't mind getting item that would be a souvenir, like the monster's tooth.

However if you guys really want real items, just the make the items usable ONLY in monster hunts. That way other people cannot use them in other RP or against each other in zone fight. So basically it would be an item that strengthens you (in some way) against the monsters.

Eric

• View Profile

Well, if we're allowed to bring over stuff that we have from SL, then do we really need items that'll improve our play against the monsters? I mean, maybe help track or something like that, but other than that I don' think we need much of a buff. Then again, I haven't actually fought one yet so I'm just guessing to a point.

I like the idea of a aesthetic trophy system. Imagine the trophy case(s).  :twisted:

Or we could live in a world separate from SL altogether and this kind of being like an AU sort of thing. No carry over as far as items are concerned, it's like walking through a portal maybe?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
Re: Hunters Guild Discussion: Rewards for Hunts(Current Members Please Comment)
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 09:52:57 AM »

Couldn't find a place to ask so I figured here would be good. So what about the current hunts now what can we possibly get for them? I mean let's say it's items or something then shouldn't we hold off on creating characters summaries? Or will they be counted at all seeing as they wouldn't fit the current template

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.