Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hunter's Guild: Beast of Signet Pass  (Read 5996 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Hunter's Guild: Beast of Signet Pass
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 05:59:39 AM »

After Athos's introduction, she would nod and smile, her eyes traveling to each by way of greeting. Now was not the time to draw attention to herself for the Hunters would have to focus in order to become a cohesive unit. Even so, when Shinkiro paused to spare her a verbal greeting, she was compelled to give a short reply in return. "Thank you, and you as well." Being a bit superstitious, she would not wish him good luck, but instead turned her eyes back to her next task. To watch one walk away to the point they were out of one's field of vision was to run the risk of never seeing that soul return.

Meanwhile, Marybell has successfully led her clanmates back to the stables at the monastery. Quite a stir was created by the immediate discovery of the missing goat herder. Why the young man had chosen to go back to those dangerous pastures no one seemed to know. Explicit orders had been written out and left in the shed for him; 'take the goats to the upper pastures'. A thorough search of the shed and milking room lent no clue other than a fragment of paper that looked as though it had been chewed upon until it was halfway eaten. Marybell watched this fervor with seeming disinterest even going so far as to burp indelicately.

The beast went into a bit of a lethargic state, after having fed upon goat roper. Writhing into one of the narrow tunnels within the cavern, it fell into a bit of a food coma to give over its energy to the process of digestion. As it metabolized its meal, an aroma of carrion was emitted through its gaping maw. The stench wafted out into the tunnels and throughout the cavern making it seem like the very pit of some midden heap. Rank and eye-watering to any who should enter, a breath of fresh air was nae to be found.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 09:52:29 PM »

Athos couldn't help but smile at Shinkiro's comment,"Thanks. Her name is Sheeva." He would say as he rubbed the back of the bird as it smoothly had taken off. At the comment about Keito, that caused a large grin to touch his lips and he simply nodded his head. Keito was one of Athos' closest friend, if not his closest. So he was use to his antics but it never got old seeing how others reacted it him. Athos' right hand would move to slip into his back pouch, where there was that hidden small pouch that held a few things. He'd pull out four small pieces of technology, offering one of them to Ray and Shin,"Here, these will let us communicate. Try not to lose them, though. I need them back." While Athos hated technology, Ichi insisted a bit on upgrading with the times a bit. This was all Athos was willing to budge right now.

Despite how fast they were moving in the wind, thanks to Athos' strength, he'd toss the earpiece of Keito. Well, not exactly at Keito, because he'd lead the shot so it'd end up just a bit ahead of Keito as he flew next to them.  He'd place the thing into his ear before continuing,"We'll use the usual hunting strategy; Two teams, one meant for distraction and the other for a sneak attack. I'd prefer to lead the distraction team, but I can work either way. Questions, concerns, complaints?"

I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 08:37:23 AM »

Catching the ear piece and tucking it in his ear, Ray would relax back into Shiva, before adding in his comments on the hunt.
"So we know that it likes to eat the Goat Ropers right? Well why don't one or both of the distraction team members dress as a goat roper and lure it out, and before it strikes, the sneak team could attack it?" Ray wasn't the genius of the group when it comes to plans, but he hoped this one would work well with the guys and since he offered the suggestion, he would be willing to take on the role of a distractor.
"I am all for dressing up for the role since I gave out the idea."
Ray would let it sink in among the teammates, but he also thought about himself for a moment, his emotions were conflicted because, this was his first hunt and whether he looked it or not, Ray was a little frightened, because he only used to fight and kill people, now though he was on a whole different level and he may not come back, though he also thought better him then these guys, because they are probably well liked and have someone to live for back at home.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 06:13:07 AM »

Keitō followed suit and snatched the ear piece from the air, swiftly placing it into his ear the second he got it and was able to hear them all so clearly. The mad-man started to laugh rather loudly as he shouted out, "Ohhhh I can make a distraction fo sho! gaining various thoughts on the matter. Having been acustom to his flight mode, he was able to keep up and soar through the skies along side the beast's spawned for such occasion, flying besides the group. As they traveled to the beast that needed to be hunted, Keitō looked over to Athos and spoke out through the device, "Whateva you pick, just know I'll be right behind ya boss-man!" the Uzumaki yelled out, knowing he'd work quite well following suit behind Athos. Nearing closer, the mad-man's hunger for battle continued to grow, gritting his teeth along the way and only being able to imagine the joy he'd have being able to take this beast down. The anticipation seemed to only fueled his hunger.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 01:39:30 AM »

Shinkiro was happy to hear that one of the things he wanted to talk about was addressed, accepting the earpiece from Athos. He puts the earpiece into his ear as he continues to listen to Athos. The strategy he mentioned seems fair. One keeps the monster busy while the other delivers the knockout punch. It's true that the distraction team would have to handle the bulk of the monster's 'attention'. Keito and Athos seems to be more than capable in 'receiving' it. "I guess I'll be part of the Sneak Attack team then, but I can also provide long-range support. I have a few armor-piercing arrows with special effects." After hearing Ray's idea, "That sounds good but keep in mind, we cannot underestimate the creature's intelligence. We need to do more than just look like Goat Ropers, we would need to 'smell' and 'act' like Goat Ropers."

Shinkiro suggests another plan. "I remember Paolm mentioned that this beast is an hereditary enemy of dragons and will fight the dragons off than let them reside in its territory. We can have someone or one of our summons transform into a large winged dragon, unless one of you has a summon contract with an actual dragon, and have it fly around the general area of the creature's lair. I’m sure just seeing the silhouette of a dragon would be enough for the creature to come out of its lair in a heartbeat. While the creature focuses its attention on the 'winged dragon' in the sky above, we can land a strong attack outside its range of vision from the ground. This plan would lure out the creature quicker, in my opinion." Shinkiro pauses for a moment to let the others take in what he said.

However, something was puzzling Shinkiro though and he was not going to keep it to himself.
"How would this creature fight against dragons without wings? I think it's safe to assume it has the ability to either jump really high or it has a long range attack of some sort. We would need to take into account both of these possibilities. With one hit, the Dragon Transformation can disperse and before we’re in position to attack. So we need to keep this in mind and adjust accordingly."  Shinkiro would like for us to finish it one blow, if possible.

Success of a team comes down to trust. Shinkiro takes off his sunglasses, revealing his Byakugan. "I'll locate the creature's heart and aim for it with one of my strongest arrows."  Putting the shades back on, once he was done speaking, Shinkiro waits and listen to what the others will say in response to all of this. 

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »

As the hunting party traveled toward the Land of Lightning they would notice the terrain go through changes in elevation as well as climate. For certain they would not arrive in that noted land as yet, which was good due to the plans they needed to make. Some of them who had traversed those regions before might be able to draw upon their memories to recall the Lightning Plains lay beyond the reaches of Kumogakure and their destination would be the mountainous wilderness beyond. Familiarity with Lightning Country would be critical to their plans. If any among the party knew where the gorge was through which Signet Pass traversed, then they could head there direct.

However if not, they would have to stop short of their final destination at Kaminari Den (Palace of Thunder). There the monks would surely set them on the right path in order to deal with the beast menacing their lands.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 03:27:00 AM »

Athos had once been a member of Kumogakure for a few years time, those it had been a time since. He recalled enough, though, to get them closer to their destination. The bird reacted to soft pats and rubs the redhead was giving her here and there to control where she was going. He listened to everyone but started with Ray, seeing Keito was trusting in what Athos would decide,"While your idea is good, what Shinkiro said is right as well. I mean, it used to fight dragons. I think it can tell the difference between a real or fake Goat Roper. Or, I think it's a safe guess to make." He closed his eyes for a minute before taking a deep breath, running a few thoughts through his mind. He was silent as they moved through the air, but only for half a minute.

"Alright, this is how it'll go down.. Because I know what both Keito and Ray are capable of, I'm going to take Keito on the distraction team with myself. The plan is going to be nice, simple, and clean-cut. Shinkiro, your idea sounds great. With your eyes, it shouldn't be hard at all to find it's heart. I want you to still aim for the heart,"He threw his gaze over to Ray,"But let Ray fill his chakra into the weapon. His Bakuton will ensure your attack was the kick it'll need to do serious damage to something this size. Maybe even try to let him get a few in. We are almost there, you may want to do that sooner instead of later.. Ray, besides that, you'll be the defense of the defense. I trust that you'll be find enough no to get your ass crushed but I your ass if Shinkiro's ass."

Taking a breath or two to himself, he would continue to speak,"Keito and I will, of course, keep his attention. If this thing likes to eat Goat Ropers, I'm assuming that it likes to eat Goats, too. So I've got a goat that would like to avenge it's brethren." Internally there was a scoff from the beast that resided in his stomach,"So, while I do that. Keito will hit him hard with me. Things may get slimy but we will be fine. Plans go sour, remember that. If things don't go nearly as planned as we want, just remember to keep a cool head. Or it could kill us all."

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 11:23:35 AM »

Ray would listen to Athos' plan before giving a nod in agreement, though he felt a little embarrassed about his plan, he was never really the planning type, he was one to always fight head on and go with the flow of the fight adapting his style accordingly. Turning to Shin he would flip both his palms forward showing a seal for bakuton on them that he had made himself.

"If you are all for Athos' plan just put your weapon of choice in either palm and the chakra will flow right into it."
Turning his palms back down he would smile as he had enough defense power to cover Konoha from major attack though it would be extremely draining if it were that size, but luckily it was just four people which would make it extremely simple for him "I got your asses covered boss."
Ray would give a big grin after speaking showing his confidence and perhaps some cockiness

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 12:36:30 AM »

Keitō was oddly enough quiet as the other men spoke, listening to the plans they conveyed. It was false to say that the mad-man never had a plan but it was true to say he could never reveal it to other minds. With such he kept to himself as they drew closer to the destination, noticing and admiring the lands they hovered. "Seems like we got ourselves situated on the goal. Feeding the Lamb to the Slaughter, ehh?`^" he stated sarcastically and eventually burst into a hearty chuckle as he flew above the trio along the way.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 04:21:26 PM »

Shinkiro listened attentively to Athos’ plan. He looked at Ray’s palms when the gentleman’s Bakuton was mentioned and nods his head in response. “Sounds good, but I would feel comfortable, if Ray applies his Bakuton chakra when we get there instead. I don’t want us to be flying around with an active bomb, if you know what I mean. However….”

Shinkiro places his bow down and with his left hand goes into his ninja pouch. He takes out a scroll and places down in front of him. Opening the scroll, it revealed a seal for item storage. He places his bow on it and performs a hand-seal. The bow disappears in a small puff of smoke. Shinkiro then closes the scroll and puts it away in his ninja pouch. But when he takes his hand out of the ninja pouch, he has yet another scroll but different than previous one. On the scroll was the Japanese kanji for ‘Godsend’. He opens the scroll, which reveals a seal. Shinkiro places his hand on it and a small puff of smoke appears. Once the smoke disperse, a bow with a small quiver attached (bow-quiver) is revealed. The bow was yellow in color and resembles an appearance to the ‘Samick Sage Recurve Bow’ while the quiver was red in color and within it, has 5 long arrows. 

“This is another bow of mine that I only use under certain conditions and in a sense, for extreme cases. I named her ‘Godsend’ because she gives such great and unexpected help. Any adversary would not expect her arrows coming.” Shinkiro gently rubs his hand across the limb and riser of the bow. “It is made of special materials that make the bow very strong and durable. So strong in fact that it allows the string to have a draw weight of about 7,000 pounds, basically 7 tons.” He points to the string as he said this. “This gives the arrows such tremendous speed, several times faster than the speed of sound.” He gestures towards the arrows. “These arrow are specially made to withstand the speed and force it delivers. There’s no way these arrows won’t be able to penetrate the creature’s tough hide and the creature won't know what hit it. It would be...unexpected. Now because the draw weight is so high, I normally cannot pull back the string, let alone move it. However, I would be able to if I enter Sage Mode.” He takes the scroll out underneath the bow and closes it before putting back into his ninja pouch. “So there you have it folks, literally my strongest bow. Since we’re close to our destination, let me start gathering natural energy now.”

If there is nothing else to discuss, Shinkiro would then go into a meditation pose. He closes his eyes while keeping his body still and his mind focused. In mere moments, he starts gathering natural energy towards his body. It may be some time until he is ready but expects to finish by the time we get there.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »

Unlike the ill-fated goat herd and his four legged companion, who did not have to cross over the gorge to reach the small plateau of grazing but rather took the more arduous route up the cliff's along the goat path, the companions would approach from the opposite side of the gorge. There before them was the suspended bridge spanning the gap of the pass. the age of the swinging bridge would be obvious to detect. Vines and other accumulations of growth clung to the ropes from one end to the other and would dangle down into the gorge below. Their woody growth of years had made them thick and actually provided extra stability due to their intrusion along the length of the bridge.

Large jagged stones dotted the land, some upon the far side where the mouth of the cave entrance stood had fallen from the overhead peaks, while others protruded up from the ground itself as part of the mountain's original formation. The expanse of the small grazing ledge was lush with grass and approximately the size of a football field in length, although its width jutted forward half again as wide in a triangular wedge where the bridge was anchored. Hidden from a land view a small road would exit the area to the left of the field and cut sharply downward behind an outcropping of stone. This would be visible from the air, but by land it appeared the bridge led to a dead end at the mouth of that cavernous maw.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 12:56:08 AM »

Athos' golden hues would have scanned the bow as Shinkiro spoke, giving a nod of admiration, seeing as he knew a good weapon when he saw one,"We are lucky to have her on our side.. Good luck out there boys. It's time to get started." Athos would then move to stand, the wind causing his ponytail to flutter violently, though he seemed unphased by it. Taking a deep breath, he would then launch backwards into the air, coming towards Keito and actually moving to land on his back, though it would be good to note Athos was barefoot but his feet always seemed to stay completely clean. His goal was to land on the man like a Skateboard, knees slightly bent and all,""Sheeva, listen to whatever those two say!" The bird would caw at that, accepting the order.

Athos now spoke to Keito as he started to gather Bijuu chakra in his stomach, with the help of the Five Tails. Steam poured from his Tutumen on his legs and elbows, moving to increase their speed and make Keito look as though he was a rocket taking off,"Let's go make some noise!"

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 02:18:55 AM »

Would let Shin take control of Sheeva since he seemed to be the residential bird expert as he began to gather chakra into the seals of his palms. His seals would glow orange and the more he packed into it the darker the orange until it looked blood red orange. If Ray were to clap and release the chakra he has accumulated, he would be able to take out a mountain with ease.

"I am fully charged and ready to go and transfer the chakra to your weapons."

He spoke clearly to Shin, while he side glanced at Athos certain he was about to take off, that or he had a rocket stuck up his ass, either way he was sure something good was about to happen.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.