Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: | Rising Tides | [Eastern Expedition]  (Read 5717 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
| Rising Tides | [Eastern Expedition]
« on: August 15, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »

| Rising Tides |

Shadow leaned on the gunwale of the ship with his forearms while his hands swayed slowly off the side. His gaze was set to the East as the sun colored the sky a beautiful array of colors. He was waiting for the rest of the 'crew' to get here and they needed to with haste. The sooner they set sail the greater the amount of water they could cover while taking advantage of the ample wind.

| Misc. |
Post whatever you want to and however you want to so long as it goes along with the rp. ~

| Post order |
Shadow
Bec
Athos
Shinkiro
Ichirou
Kayenta
IburiRay
Rusaku
Dart
(Free spot if needed)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:48:39 PM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: | Rising Tides | [Eastern Expedition]
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »

At the border of the village of Konoha, Becquerel sat within his lab with his eyes closed. Within his lab, he was connected to it all and was able to watch the world from a different perspective. As the world turned, he watched from above. Konohagakure, Sunagakure, Otogakure, he saw them all. But beyond the seas of Kirigakure and west of the lands of Earth and Wind was an unknown world to him. Something that even his eyes could not see.

For some, it might be the call of adventure. For him, it was just his inherit curiosity giving him a direction to follow. He could have braved the arduous task on his own, but many years would likely have passed before his completion and would not have been worth it. Opening his eyes and getting up from his desk, he came up with a plan. Unknown to him though, another man had similar intentions in mind. Perhaps it would be fate that would bring the two, as well as any others, together.

After some time of travel, he exited a home within the city of Konoha, one of the largest and most central nations. Thankfully he had lab access set up in many of the major villages, allowing him to bypass any defenses at the gates and wander through the villages to take care of business. His target, the Courier Headquarters.

When he arrived at the distribution center, many Courier nin were sorting packages and letters in the back while younger ones stood at registers ready to intake letters. Becquerel approached the desk, pulled a pouch full of gold coins from a cargo pocket on his shorts, and placed it on the desk as he handed over a scroll he had tucked into his waist.

"I want this sent out to each and every ninja that you have on your mailing list. I know it's a bit of an odd request, but I know you guys probably have to send out much stranger things. Probably a bunch of seedy stuff and gushy love notes. So if you guys can do that, help me out." After handing over the scroll, Becquerel turned and left the shop to start his journey towards the meeting place.

The courier nin did think this was a strange request, but the gold provided would be enough to cover the fees. He took the scroll and unraveled it, wondering what kind of copies would need to be made. All that was written on it was, WANTED: Any able-bodied and skilled people to travel beyond the seas to the world east of the ocean. The meeting place is Uzushiogakure port. It is unsure what will occur. You will be paid after we get back if you feel gains from the trip aren't enough. Must bring your own weapons. I have never done this before. SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 07:18:01 PM »

(sorry, couldn't resist, have fun!)
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 02:37:59 AM »

Athos honestly couldn't had remembered the last time that he had traveled the ocean, it had been at least over a decade, maybe even close to two at this point. That alone made him feel old but it was something he could shrug off, feeling old seemed to be happening a lot more than often. The towering Uzumaki, standing at six feet and seven inches, had been invited personally by an old comrade of his for a trip and how could he resist? He was told other bodies would be coming, though he wasn't aware as to who or how many, so he'd find out in the time to come. The man's crimson hair flowed to his ankles like a silk cape, and his golden hues had taken in the details of the streets he strolled.

Uzushiogakure was once his own and while he loved it still, it wasn't where he stayed anymore. It was his first visit in awhile and a lot had changed but at least they didn't moved the ports too far from where they are. He had arrived in Uzushio a few days prior to enjoy his time but now it was time for business, it seemed. The man had a simple loose, sleeveless white shirt. This exposed his tanned arms, as if he belonged on the sea or in the desert, as well as the tattoo on his left arm that stretched from the back of his hand and up to his shoulder. On the back of the palm, overlapping over the long Fuinjutsu and hidden, looking like another part of the seal, was his Zebul Seal.

On his lower half he wore a pair of gray, baggy sweat pants and no shoes even though his feet somehow managed to stay clean. On the back of his waist was a scroll that was about half the size of a large sage scroll, which head countless seals inside it for his things; weapons, clothes, supplies, the good stuff.

Once getting to the docks, his eyes glancing about the ship he was going to be riding it. I was a pretty nice looking ship, sturdy. So he moved to step up the walkway to the boat and onto it, his feet gently pattering against the wood surfaces. His eyes found their way to Shadow and if he didn't look at Athos, or even if he did, he'd walk over to the man and take a deep inhale of the sea's air,"It's beautiful."

I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 01:14:02 AM »

Shinkiro was walking down the port of Uzushiogakure, receiving word of an expedition to explore areas in the Far East. He is seen as a black male, standing well-built at 5 feet, 10 inches. He wears a Red Sweater with high-collar black feather shoulder wrap, just hidden underneath it is a zipped compartment for a long black cape.  Without a hoodie or cap, he exposes his long black braids, but has a pair of crimson red shades over his eyes.

On both of his hands are black gloves of forearm length (over the sweater), each marked with a red ‘
V’ on the back of the hand. In addition, he wears a pair of red sneakers and a black pair of pants that has a red ‘Avenger symbol’ on the left side. But what would probably Shinkiro’s most interesting accessory is his white fanny pack with a picture of a falcon’s head on it. Within it holds various scrolls that would hold all of the necessities for this expedition such as weapons, clothes, supplies, food, etc.

“Kak!” A cry coming from the black falcon that is perched on Shinkiro’s left hand as he holds his feathery companion up. “You’re excited about this too, huh Tobias,” Shinkiro said to his falcon. He didn’t stay in Uzushiogakure long before receiving the news about the expedition. Call it a stroke of luck that he was chosen for such a quest. He holds the information in his right hand. He now reaches the docks as he compares the ships with the picture he received would be the one used for the voyage.

“This looks like the one.” It was one of those ships that you’ll see in pirate movies but then again, it’s what’s under the ‘hood’ that counts. Shinkiro carefully confirms to make sure this is the right ship before entering. Finding the ship’s gangway, Shinkiro puts away the information in his fanny pack before walking upon it to reach up to the main deck. There he quickly surveys the area and sees two people.

He walks towards them, already recognizing one of them.
“Hey Athos,” said Shinkiro as he greets him with a grin and handshake. He then goes to the other person. “You must be the owner of this ship. My name is Shinkiro, but you can call me Shin. My feathery companion here is Tobias. Thank you for having us.” Smilingly, he offers to shake the stranger’s hand in greeting.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 01:12:47 AM »

Having recieved word of some grand expedition to the east, Ichirou found that he could not refuse. He left from Amegakure as soon as he recieved word. Bound for the Uzushiogakure port.

He traveled to the ship that would take them via paper wings that sprouted from his shoulder blades, though he couldnt be seen, thanks to the abilities of the Mujin Mesai. Causing him to be invisible to eyes and ears, as well as sensory techniques.

He would land upon the deck of the ship, releasing his technique and causing it to look as though he had appeared from thin air. Looking about those on the ship he noticed some familiar faces, and a new one.

"Well, seems we're going to have quite the crew, hm?" he chuckled. He was adorned in a light blue kimono like top, with black cargo pants and sandals. His waist was littered with pouches of various sizes and contents. All of which were his tools for combat. He doubted a journey such as this would be smooth sailing. Whether it be some form of beast or the sea itself.. Ichirou was ready and excited for the opposition.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 01:05:21 AM »

Moenkopi's arrival at the port of Uzushiogakure occurred by ship; not surprising, the land was an island and her preference for traveling by mundane means rather than those of the extraordinaire had not waned in the span of years that encompassed her life. Standing upon the gunwale of the ship, her balance compensated with the ease of one who was quite at home upon the waves. Though she had spent uncounted years beached far from her element, some things could not be removed from those born to the sea. The tresses of her hair, when not bestirred by the wind, hung well below her hips. Today, however, the breeze seemed to bestow upon those dark raven locks a life of their own. As they cast about her frame, the sun would pick at the blue highlights that yet remained despite the darkening of her mane with age. The sun would pick out the amber flecks in her brown eyes as they scanned the port of call. Her sensory ability was made moot for the one she sought contained no chakra.

She was attired in the Cadin'sor of The Sands: tan overcoat buttoned up the front and left hanging open at the hips, forearms of the long sleeves wrapped in swaths of cloth as though to form gauntlets. Beige, loose trousers were tucked into knee high leather boots, blousing at the knee for aided freedom of movement. The boots were laces up the front and soft soled to provide as close to bare feet as possible, while still being shod. Her soufa, the scarf-like garment which was normally wound round the head and across the face like a veil, hung free over her shoulders and allowed her hair to remain unrestrained by its embrace. Other than the pack upon her back and the sword at her right hip, she looked as though she had no belongings. This could not be further from the truth for she kept many items sealed within scrolls; she preferred traveling light.

Disembarking from the ship, it did not take much asking around to located the ship that was adventuring to explore the eastern-unknown realms of the world. Moving along the docks she readily located the sailing vessel and then had to grin once she would note the presence of two chakra signatures she recognized.

Moenkopi would walk up the gang plank and call out,
"Yo, Shadow! Athos! What are you reprobates doing here of all places?" She intended upon finding Becquerel, but she could not be this close to her brother-in-law without first stopping by to say hello.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:08:17 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »

Luckily for Ray, he lived in Uzushiogakure so he knew about the trip headed towards the East to discover the undiscovered. His life has been pretty boring as of late and decided to join the crew and see what would entail on this adventure. Dressing in his normal attire of a black hoodie and tan cargo shorts, Ray would pick up his customized anbu mask which the bottom part that was supposed to be the mouth was now constructed to be a gas mask giving it a unique look to it. He wore to the side of his face as he had no reason to hide his face, for now anyways, and then set out towards the ship his long black sayian hair lifting in the constant ocean breeze that flowed through the village, being that it was a seaside village. After a good twenty minutes of walking Ray would reach up to where the plank would touch ground and would swiftly walk up and seeing the faces for whom he would be spending quite sometime with. He knew a couple faces, but most he either heard by name or never at all but none the least Ray would give a resounding,
"Hello!"
before settling into the right side of the ship where he would watch the others a small smile written onto his face.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 11:11:13 PM »

It was just moments before the crew seemed to arrive at once that Shadow's link with Nindo updated him with each person's chakra signature as they came about. Most, if not all, was already known to him. However if even the slightest noticeable change was detected it would be updated in Nindo's registry.

Shadow didn't move to greet Athos instead he continued to look at the never ending ocean as the sun reflected off of it. "
Yes it is. Might be awhile before any of us see it again once we embark. I'm sure you actually could go without it for a bit." He chuckled remembering that Athos was a native of this Island country. It wasn't long after his response that they were greeted by the others.

As they conglomerated Shadow finally turned to them mentally counting the number there. "
Hello there everyone." He paused for a second as Nindo informed him of another signature. "First off to answer Shin..." Shadow smiled at the man and nodded his head. "I am indeed the owner of this ship. Secondly Kayenta...." His hand moved to wipe a fake tear off his cheek. "That might have been the nicest thing you've called me, but to answer your question did you not get a letter?"

He slowly moved towards one of the sails where he leaned backwards upon it. "
We'll have a little time to kill before we set sail and before the rest of the crew gets here and from what Nindo tells me it won't be long." Despite the wolf being the size of two polar bears it might've been hard to notice the black mass of fur that was sprawled out on its back. The poor thing wasn't use to such weather, but where they were going that natural winter coat might come in handy.

"
A few if not all should have a letter from Becquerel about meeting here in Uzu port to embark on a journey. While it says payment on the paper I will not be giving you any. What you gain there should and will be more than enough. With that said he can pay you what he wants. I am unsure of his plans or how he wanted to do this." He smiled "It seems we both had an expedition in mind and through means I was able to acquire a copy of his message. With that all now said we'll wait for his appearance. I"m sure there are a lot more questions."

*Dart was skipped. I waited long enough for him to post. If he returns to post before we set sail and is able to keep active then he's free to join.*
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 01:30:09 AM »

Becquerel was the last to arrive at the port, having taken a ferry from the mainland to the island. Well, even though he was the last, he looked around and thought he was the first because he couldn't find anyone else...Not that he really put that much effort into looking, as he thought some of the larger ships were just fishing vessels. The coastal wind must have been quite refreshing for the locals here, but he didn't seem to pay it no mind. Nor did he seem to find any beauty in the tranquility of the ocean. He just smiled as he waited for a brief moment, enough for the main ship to probably get ready.

When he decided that no one else really seemed to have the curiosity of the unknown as he did, he wandered down the dock and away from the large ship full of his to-be companions and paid a local fisherman in order to buy his small paddle-boat. He climbed aboard without heeding any of the fisherman's warnings and was soon off, paddling away off to new adventure...Or at least that's what he was going to do. As he was paddling down the length of the harbor, he noticed a large ship with a couple familiar faces mulling around aboard it. He pulled up beside it right next to one of the large lines tethering it to the docks.

"Hey, you guys here for that expedition?"

Of course, without waiting for an answer, Becquerel haphazardly threw his oars up onto the deck of the larger ship. He then hopped out of the boat and grabbed hold of the line with one hand while holding onto the boat with the other. He scooted on up and tossed the small boat over railing onto the deck as well before climbing onboard as well. He greeted everyone with a smile, a slight wind causing his cape to flap behind him.

"Hello everyone, I'm Becquerel. Nice to meet some of you, and nice to see some of the others of you again."

He then pointed to the three-man boat he purchased for his own adventure, as if it was something completely unknown to everyone.

"I brought a present for us to use."
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 04:41:48 AM »

The overwhelming amount of people that were suddenly finding themselves onto the boat, and how Athos knew all of them, made the man understand just how much fun this whole thing was going to be. Of course, who he didn't expect to see was Kayenta"Well, I'll be damned." The man said with a grin before returning an over the top wave to Kayenta,"And I figured I have caused enough trouble over on this side of the world... I figured it's time to raise hell on the other side."

Of course, Athos made sure to toss either a nod or wave to anyone who greeted him, as well as a charming and friendly smile. Honestly, it'd be nice to just get away from everyone he knew. Meet someone who didn't know who he was, something like that. Who knows what could happen.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 10:07:05 AM »

Soon after the man confirmed to be the owner of the ship, people started coming on-board the vessel. One by one, Shinkiro would stop to greet the people. For those he was not familiar with, he would introduce himself.

“Hello, my name is Shinkiro and this is my falcon, Tobias. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

He would say it with a friendly smile. In the end, he was surprised by the amount of people that was present. He did not think the expedition would involve so many people. However it’s also good to meet new people and gain new connections.

Afterwards, he walks towards the front of ship to get a view of the ocean. He closes his eye and inhale through his noses, taking in the moment. Shinkiro could not believe he’s about to go and explore new lands across the ocean. Who knows what they may encounter? What dangers they may face? Of course, Shinkiro was not afraid about that as there seems to be a bunch of strong-looking people here.

“Kak!” Tobias cried out. “I know you’re ready for anything Tobias.” Shinkiro said as he feed his falcon a small pellet of bird food as a reminder his companion to be good. After finishing the food, Tobias would take off, flying towards the top of the ship’s mainmast. He perches himself there as if volunteering himself to be the lookout. It’s true that Tobias has extraordinarily keen vision, being able to see up to 8 times more clearly than the sharpest human eye, which allows him to see small objects from very far away. If there was danger coming, Tobias would most likely be the first to see it.

“Wow, he might be more excited about this expedition than me,” Shinkiro said as he gives off a small chuckle to himself. He then turns towards his new comrades and see what’s left to do before we set sail.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »

Moenkopi would nod to Ray, there was a strange face in the crowd. She supposed everyone of the crew would get to know one another well enough before they got past Water Country. She turned her eyes to Shadow and shrugged. Truthfully she had never spoken to him much over the years so did not know where he was getting this name calling thing from. [Mindful that she is in character during rp and Shadow and Kay have had very little RP interaction over the years.] Be that as it may, perhaps the advancement of her KG was showing more of it's effects upon her brain. That was a sobering thought. It would be horrible to have to be executed out at sea away from her family without a descent cremation and a scattering of her ashes over the sands. Hopefully she and Warren would find some way of preventing her eventual spiral into insanity and be able to heal her mind upon the alter at Illac Rennin.

So it was with a somber expression upon her face that she pulled the letter from her pocket and waved in the air by way of reply before secreting it away back within her cloak. No need to say the letter had been from Becquerel, hence the shock at seeing Shadow here. But perhaps that also was another brain infarction? She resisted the urge to pull the letter out of her cloak and read it again to make sure her mind was not playing tricks upon her. There would be time enough later in her cabin for self inspections and double checks.

But then Shadow went on to explain about the note and she was more confused. Yes, she would have to check and see if Shadow had been mentioned in it at all. Biting a bit at her bottom lip, she let her eyes scan the others in attendance. Then that bald head showed up and she grinned forgetting all about her unease for the moment. There he was. She grinned at him and let her eyes be directed by his pointing to the dingy. Ah, that would indeed be of use though she hoped this ship had another life boat somewhere...how many of them were there on this voyage anyway? She decided to take a head count, but the sight of Athos only made her wish that Asadi was going with them. Still, he was undertaking Hywel and Istalri's training and giving her this chance to go out wandering for a change. She turned her smile to the redhead yet remained uncharacteristically silent. That is when she caught sight of Shinkiro and the falcon. Yet another stranger in the collective. So how many did that make now, five; six counting herself? She watched his falcon sail up to the main mast as the man's voice spoke on and she found his youthful enthusiasm lightened her introspective mood a bit. Clearly it was going to take her some time to settle in to this expedition, but she felt it would be just the thing she needed to do for the longest while. Sunagakure was in good hands, so were the children. What could possibly go wrong?

[heard Ichi quit. If that did not include here, then many apologies]

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 03:49:23 AM »

Deciding to 'mingle' Ray would walk closer giving a small wave to anyone he passed as he made his way to the front of the ship. He would chuckle at the man who had brought such a dashing present, and would take a seat on the upper right side of the hull of the ship, where he would activate his summon tattoo on his right forearm, summoning his T-rex, whose name is Sarah, in her small form, about the size of a cat, as she would snuggle up to his chest in his hoodie as he breathed in the ocean air and took a gander at the sky. This was going to be fun ad he knew it, which such an eclectic group of characters this was gonna prove to be a good time. He would rub Sarah's head and she would lick his hand as he heard a loud and familiar noise of a falcon.
"Guess he is here too."
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 06:28:05 AM »

I am currently in charge of the Eastern Trek, and have been for awhile. I am starting it up again. As of now, we are going to be moving on with the people still interested in this RP. If more people want to join, all they have to do is message me on SL, and work out the details.
But for now, we'll get things started up again.

Also, really weirdly, Athos is gonna captain the ship since Shadow dropped out, so that'll be an odd change in the RP... So everyone is aware x.x

Current posting order:
Bec
Athos
Shinkiro
Kayenta
IburiRay
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:35:49 AM by Athos »

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.