Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hyperbolic Time Chamber  (Read 6279 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hyperbolic Time Chamber
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 09:24:12 PM »

What should it reward? It was fixed-stat and really easy at some point.

I wouldn't want it to be a second battle arena.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »

Perhaps a lengthy buff for that gameday, like 50-80 rounds? Something like part of the kyuubi's chakra staying on/within you to give a temporary boost, raising attack and defense for the duration.

If that's not enough, it could also include an item or two at random, something you scavenged from remains of previous people to try and fail? Perhaps a small, rare chance for a gem in addition.

To balance it out, you could make it as tough as the squirrel king, if not a bit more.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 09:33:48 PM »

Any way to make it variable stats? Essentially D20 rolls to give it stats? Sometimes it's real weak, sometimes it's like an Acad taking on Seraphim (the account) in PVP.

And I think it should just give experience or a great buff (perhaps to last the game day?). Can make it like Kabuto where you can find it once per kill, it rewards an absurd amount of exp (or is there a way where you can make it set to a level jump regardless of exp needed?)

I wouldn't mind it once per game day either so it can "recharge"

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »

I did think about rather than just a kyuubi boss, it'd pick one at random from the 1-9 tails, with variation in both difficulty and strength of the buff it gives at the end. That would probably take a crapton more work to do than just kyuubi alone though so I didn't mention it til now.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »

There was a kyuubi boss?! I don't remember that. ._.

I really don't care for buffs, items, or gold. But I like the rare chance to receive a gem.
The level jump is a cool idea but if not possible, enough experience to reach the next two levels. o.o
Yes, make it stronger than the squirrel king.
Once per game day is fair.

What's the punishment if you lose? o.o

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 10:03:14 PM »

You may not care for them, but people not as high up as you might. I dunno about enough experience to jump even one level though, to balance out the danger for such a huge benefit it would be ungodly difficult to bring down. And yea, there was one a while back, not 100% sure cause it was taken down just before I got to try it but I believe it was back when iwagakure required that special map to access, and you could fight it in there somewhere.

Loss punishment might be easier to settle after benefit, so it can be made proportionate.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 10:44:17 PM »

You may not care for them, but people not as high up as you might. I dunno about enough experience to jump even one level though, to balance out the danger for such a huge benefit it would be ungodly difficult to bring down. And yea, there was one a while back, not 100% sure cause it was taken down just before I got to try it but I believe it was back when iwagakure required that special map to access, and you could fight it in there somewhere.

Loss punishment might be easier to settle after benefit, so it can be made proportionate.

Well I want the exp gained to be higher than any other event can give at least. Like 10% higher or a whole level worth. >.>

I don't know if Neji is that giving, you're asking for buffs and an item (with the inclusion of exp). If Neji include of all of that, the chances of defeating this creature is going to be low. >.>

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »

Wasn't going to ask for experience at all, actually.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 10:57:07 PM »

The purpose of this thread was to create a faster way to convert FFs to exp.
So you're bringing something completely different from the main objective/focus, which is 'gain more exp'. >.>

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 11:03:36 PM »

Well I did say before I'd rather see the boss happen than the time chamber thing, but in any case I got nothing against there being experience too, just that I wouldn't mind if there wasn't as long as there still was the boss to fight.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 03:44:28 PM »

Not a fan of double-posting, but figured I'd refresh this anyway in case someone else would have comments on the kyuubi/bijuu boss possibility.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 01:38:43 AM »

At the current status of my forest power, normal forest fights to me are more dangerous than Chipmunk Boss. But I can deal with a super boss since I made my own game of turning Hidan into my personal punching bag during the event until Kakuzu defeats himself from attempting to attack me.

Edit: In short, how will the difficulty of the fight scale to the players Oro Kills
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:39:55 AM by Ratatosk »

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 04:04:26 PM »

Well the squirrel and oro scale with your kills too, don't they? So I'd imagine the kyuubi/bijuus could follow the same line, just at a higher strength than the squirrel, since that seems to be the general consensus of people who replied up so far.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 05:15:13 PM »

The Kyuubi/Biju's could be stronger than Orochimaru being they are optional while Orochimaru is require so start a new kill cycle. Whatever the case bring it on, I want to have a decent boss challenge for my 16 Resets and 1400 Oro kills.

Maybe make it so fighting said Biju will disable specialties for that battle to make it more challenging scaling the rewards to fit the challenge.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 05:39:53 PM »

I think that'd be too much, unless you mean it'd reset all your buffs to zero at start of the fight, because if you had only your stats and items to rely on it'd be bonkers level hard. Only way you could feasibly try win is try stack the pills and hope for massive criticals before you get rekt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 17 queries.