Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Strongest Shield?!  (Read 9217 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Strongest Shield?!
« on: September 02, 2015, 06:52:10 PM »

It has recently come to my attention that there are people that actually claim 'Strongest Shield'.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/The_Claimed

This is not even a jutsu and I would not quite call it an ability (it's not body modification) either. This is, more or less, I feel to be an genetic trait of some kind because the 4th Raikage (3rd Raikage's son) also was known for his body to be 'tough durability'.

The thing is this is a 'trait' from one man, not necessarily a clan and to see that multiple people claim is kinda ridiculous. At least with the Senju Clan & Uzumaki Clan, they are known (as a clan) to have incredibly strong life force and such.

So not only is kinda ridiculous to claim the trait of one individual and even more so to believe that having your body claim to be 'The Strongest Shield' means you can tank high-level jutsus with your BARE BODY without NO defenses. If that was the case, what was the point of the 3rd Raikage even activating his Lightning Release Chakra Mode if he can tank jutsus with his bare body?

Yes, people believe that they can tank jutsus with their bare body (no defenses) when they claim to have 'Strongest Shield'. I don't understand why.

One-Finger Nukite (One Fingered Assault) is known as the "strongest spear" but you notice that he has Lightning Release Chakra Mode active when using it.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hell_Stab

So basically, not only are people misinterpreting what is meant by "Strongest Shield", but I feel claiming such is a 'god-mod' in itself.

Now let's analyze what's meant as Strongest Shield.

3rd Raikage's body is referred to have 'flesh like steel and blood like iron'
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/562/7

The mentioning of 'Strongest Shield' and this is where people took things quite literally.
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/554/14

It feels like some people read the 3rd Raikage's feats, but most of them he accomplished with his Lightning Release Chakra Mode active.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/A_(Third_Raikage)#Physical_and_Chakra_Prowess

Lightning Release Chakra Mode: "This mode also increases the user's defences, drastically reducing, if not completely negating, damage from incoming attacks as seen when A deflected an attack from Sasuke's Sword of Kusanagi: Chidori Katana. A further stated to be able to land a light scratch on him while he is bathed in the armour is an extraordinary feat in itself."
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_Release_Chakra_Mode
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/463/3

4th Raikage's body is almost as tough as the 3rd Raikage but he easily cut off his arm when he dispelled Lightning Release Chakra Mode.
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/464/6

Even fighting against the 8-tails, 3rd Raikage's Lightning Release Chakra Mode is active and you can also see his strongest attack, referred to as 'Strongest Spear'. Also, notice the comment the 8-tails made: "...He was a really tough and resilent man." The same words (tough & resilent) made when describing the first his 'Strongest Shield'. Both cases, his 'Lightning Release Chakra Mode' was active.
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/555/9

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Strongest Shield?!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:00:25 PM »

I didn't read the whole thing because I'm at work, but I don't claim to be able to tank a rasenshuriken. I just claim to have undergone training that allows my body to be more durable than the average bear. Like base kaguya bone for lack of a better example off the top of my head

Edit:
Went back and read your post, and try not to be a snob the next time you want to inquire about a claim. Maybe message a few people who have it and talk with them before going immediately to the forum. It’s the equivalent of being a tattle tale xD Kinda childish if you ask me.

So first off, I am gonna use on of the examples you posted. In particular it was the one where Tsunade and A used the teleportation thing together. Tsunade needed to activate her seal in order to even survive the teleportation, but the Raikage did not need to activate his lightning armor. This kinda puts his base durability into perspective, that he can take on damage that would kill a normal person without a scratch.

Now, his pops was stronger than A was. This would lead you to assume that he could take on more damage without issue than his son. So obviously he had some level of durability before adding the lightning release armor into the equation.

Now, we (The users) see the strongest shield as more of a training than a genetic trait. You are able to train your body to higher levels of durability through a secret method of training known only to those who claim it.

Due to the fact that the method of actually attaining the Strongest Shield level of durability is ambiguous, you’re claim that is a genetic trait is nothing more than speculation, just as is our claims of it being a training method as opposed to a genetic trait.

Same as with everything else on Sl, certain liberties must be taken when it comes to techniques and the like. Much like how every pleb has Rinnegan despite their lack of SO6P power. It’s the same here. Just because you might think it’s a genetic trait does not mean that is how it translates to SL. On SL, it is a training method that can be passed on to those who we decide can learn it.

Another good example would be Dust release. Because we have no actual idea if it’s like a KG and must be a part of the bloodline to learn it, we allow anyone with the ability to do so to learn it. Or bocc’s claim of Jashinists only being able to use the curse techniques if they have undergone the surgery to become immortal. Those who introduce certain techniques and abilities have some amount of leeway with said techniques and abilities.

Now, I cannot speak for others on this topic when it comes to the potency of this durability, but I can speak for myself.

As I said before, I use the strongest shield as a claim for a higher durability, but not immune to damage like the Raikage. It is simply thick skin. I can tank very low level techniques, and certain ninja tools. It’s honestly not hard to oppose that if you have half a brain. Ever heard of Fuinjutsu? Or Raiton? Or ya know...like Wind and stuff? 

Oh, and claiming he is only that durable in Lightning form because of A cutting off his arm is asinine. Obviously he had his hand covered in raiton to aid in his ability to slice that arm off. Now, Raton has already been shown to easily slice through a tailed beast's skin, and even the Kusanagi couldn’t do that. So A’s cutting through his own durability can just as easily be explained away through his mastery of Raiton as it can be any other way.

Then we look at Gyuki calling the 3rd resilient. I see that as simply a comment on the opponent he is fighting. There is nothing that actually states that he is resilient for the soul reason of his lightning release armor being active. Yes, it does indeed make you stronger, but yet again you saying it’s just because of his armor is speculation. It's like if someone was fighting Minato, and they said that he was fast after seeing his FTG. Well he was sure as shit fast even without FTG, but just because his opponent said something while he was using it does not discredit the fact that he was fast before applying that technique. 

So, maybe if you can find me a page that says “Oh yeah, he is ONLY durable because of his lightning release armor” Then maybe I’ll play along. But you can’t, because we have looked already. Even the wiki says nothing of lighting release being the cause of his title of Strongest shield.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:22:22 PM by Rusaku »
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 08:13:41 PM »

Why are you so worried about how other people rp dude? Not to mention I don't think I've ever actually seen you logged in the game. Not trying to be rude but just wondering.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »

Whheewww, I can't believe you really went and made a topic Mei after we talked about this xD Even though I said it was possible, but I wouldn't.
I really don't feel like posting links and getting technical again. I mean, sure, there is a trait claimed on the wikia. But if you look at the wikia, people have claimed fucking SWORD FIGHTING STYLES and such xD I fail to see how this is the biggest problem here.

Mei and I got into a heated, but friendly, debate about this last night. And his proof really doesn't show direct jack squat about what he wants to say.

I mean, he literally says himself that the part where they are talking about his Physical Durability on the Wikia is under PHYSICAL PROWESS and then, a paragraph and a half later, it seg-ways out of that and moves to talk about NINJUTSU and how he uses Lightning Armor. So, that alone, I don't really see what Mei is getting at xD Physical Prowess is just that, with no lightning armor being used. The Third Raikage was known for his NATURALLY thick skin. Hence the nickname the Strongest Shield.

And I'd also like to point out that there was already several heated debates about this topic back when Zojin originally claimed the ability. People from Zenaku to Raifudo, I use big names because they are smart people, had no problem with it and actually supported it. But, I guess, that is besides the point.

Now, like I said to Mei, I don't actually claim to tank a Rasenshuriken xD Not like anyone on SL really uses it besides me that one time. >_> But nonetheless, even if I couldn't, the natural durability of the Third Raikage shouldn't even be in question. Buuuttt...

Because this was made a topic of;
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/554/5

That is a link that shows the Third Raikage getting struck with the Rasenshuriken.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/554/7

This link shows the aftermath. The Third Raikage no longer has his Lightning Armor up, even though it was up when the attack first struck him. Why? Because in the Naruto-Verse Wind > Lightning. So when the Rasenshuriken, which does damage on a MOLECULAR LEVEL, strikes and explodes with the Raikage attached to it, the Lightning Armor is null and void. It gets ripped to shred like paper and gives NO defense against the actual attack.

And what do we see at the aftermath of an attack that does damage on a molecular level and renders all lightning defenses useless? We don't see the Raikage having wounds reformed by paper, like an Edo Tensei would if he took damage. No, what we see is the Raikage with steam coming off his body as though he got out a really hot shower. No wounds reforming, nothing at all.
And THEN the only thing that even comes close to working against the Third Raikage, if Naruto having to make the man HIT HIMSELF with something called the STRONGEST SPEAR in an ALREADY CREATED SCAR from YEARS PRIOR.

And then you've got the Heavenly Transfer Technique, where only the Third Raikage with NO enhancements was able to travel through, basically, space and time like it was nothing. Sure, Tsunade did it with some plot armor and that super broken healing this she had. And yes, the Fourth Raikage also didn't need any Lightning Armor to teleport with the technique, but that was because of his INHERITED durability. And, if you actually look closely after he appears with Tsunade, he actually also suffered a lot of scuffs and marks along his whole body.

And hell, Mei's own link; http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/562/7

Does nothing but SUPPORT the fact of his NATURAL DURABILITY >_> Not go against it.

And I feel like I need to add, here on SL, the Strongest Shield isn't a trait. When Zojin claimed it, she came up with it being a type of training you have to go through. And we all agreed with it because it was, in short, a great idea. And now, the people who have it claimed on the list are people who know not to walk around like a walking god-mod xD

I really fail to see why this is even being brought up, years later after existing. But, still xD There you go.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23:56 PM »

I didn't see Athos post >.> If he said something that I made a comment about, then sorry for repetition. I also take back my comment about asking around first, because obviously he asked Athos.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »

I didn't see Athos post >.> If he said something that I made a comment about, then sorry for repetition. I also take back my comment about asking around first, because obviously he asked Athos.

We both talked about it being a training, but you elaborated on it more and better >> I stuck to other things. So, kinda the same, kinda not. It anything, we just complete each other <3

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 08:35:15 PM »

Why are you so worried about how other people rp dude? Not to mention I don't think I've ever actually seen you logged in the game. Not trying to be rude but just wondering.

You're new so you don't know this about me but I like there to be a sense of right/wrong when it comes to using certain jutsus or anything for that matter. "If the jutsu does this, why are do you claim for it to do something else?" That kind of thing.

Also, if the person RP against NPCs, most wouldn't care, but if you RP against other people (or at least myself) I would not subject to their use. >.>

"Not to mention I don't think I've ever actually seen you logged in the game."
I actually play the game more than I am on the forums. I'm even playing the game as I post this. And I have not seen you logged into the game either but doesn't mean you've never logged into the game. >.>

@Rusaku
Obviously no one should claim to be able to tank Rasenshuriken anyway, but how about other high-level jutsus? I cannot imagine anyone tanking a direct hit from Rasengan/Chidori/Raikiri without ANY bodily protection. >.>

-I didn't read the other posts after Deathstroke so I might put in 'EDIT' in this later-

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »

Rasenshuriken most likely lost most its power getting through the raiton mode shield thing, and the individual hits are so microscopically tiny that even if it dealt damage it would have been unnoticeable, especially with how soon the edo tensei regen kicks in.

Still, hardly invulnerable at all. For example that fuuton from temari which looked like cutting lines arranged into a crossword puzzle pattern slashed the 3rd raikage up real good, even if it didn't keep him down long enough to get sealed.

And of course not to forget the fact ones nerves, organs and the like can't be trained either, not to mention no matter how tough your skin and muscles were it would still melt away if you got splattered in acid or similarly corrosive substances.

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 08:54:01 PM »

I agree with Warren even when Kakazu got hit if you look closely he doesn't look all that damaged from the initial attack most of his damage on the outside showing being from the others killing him

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 09:06:20 PM »

I'll put my replay here:

Athos, I actually searched the forum for talks/mentioning of Strongest Shield so all that discussion must be in PMs or something. >.>

Also, the page you're using against me (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/562/7) was mainly put up because lo and behold, we all have seen chidori/raikiri/rasengan penetrate (quite easily I may add) through steel. >.>

Also, you made an error. THIS is actually the link that shows the the aftermath and he was definitely hurt. http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/554/6

Okay, here's something interesting. Temari's Fuuton: Kakeami actually inflicted clear wounds on his bare body. Kinda hard to tell how deep the wound was.  >.>
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wind_Release:_Cast_Net
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/552/16
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/553/10

And that secret training method you mentioned sounds 'iffy'. >.>

There are quite a few things among the claims people make, on the wikia or in rp and what have you, that do not make sense.

You're right. I need to learn to accept this and move on. It's affecting my playing time. T.T

---
And I agree with what Warren said.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 09:18:41 PM »

I have spoken in length about the ridiculousness of how this ability is used with various users of it. Since Zojin first claimed it. Which would spawn other controversy on how the multitude of other users, 'learned' to make their bodies this durable, unless she explicitly taught them, which to my understanding, she didn't. (I'll try and contact her)

In my instances of combating this, it has been used in one of two ways:

"My strongest shield body is so tanky that I don't have to dodge this (Insert Op technique)"

Or, "Supplementing my already strong body with all of these other buffs makes me invulnerable to almost anything, so, hahahahah!"

The latter of the two being the most prominent. But the issue with even saying that it isn't fair, is that many of us do the same thing for one stat or the other.

For example the infamous: 5th Gate, Sage mode, Raiton No Yoroi speed.

Or, Minds eye, Sharingan, Sage mode sensing.

They are all ubiquitously used in some way, shape, or form. Now I know, a few of you are going to claim that you don't claim some OP combo that makes you better than someone at something, don't.

The issue with this technique stems with the people who don't exactly know what it does, what it doesn't do, and why.

So instead of arguing about it's form in the Naruto universe, let us lay down the guidelines of the SL form?
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 09:29:49 PM »

I have spoken in length about the ridiculousness of how this ability is used with various users of it. Since Zojin first claimed it. Which would spawn other controversy on how the multitude of other users, 'learned' to make their bodies this durable, unless she explicitly taught them, which to my understanding, she didn't. (I'll try and contact her)

"My strongest shield body is so tanky that I don't have to dodge this (Insert Op technique)"

Or, "Supplementing my already strong body with all of these other buffs makes me invulnerable to almost anything, so, hahahahah!"

The latter of the two being the most prominent. But the issue with even saying that it isn't fair, is that many of us do the same thing for one stat or the other.

They are all ubiquitously used in some way, shape, or form. Now I know, a few of you are going to claim that you don't claim some OP combo that makes you better than someone at something, don't.

The issue with this technique stems with the people who don't exactly know what it does, what it doesn't do, and why.

So instead of arguing about it's form in the Naruto universe, let us lay down the guidelines of the SL form?

No. My god. I mean, no, you're right, kind of, or something.

But no.

Adding new rules, making goddamn guidelines, that is NOT what SL is. Are we just going to make a guideline for everything that comes up? :/ It's everyone's solution!

"Oh, there is this once in a blue moon type thing going on right now, so let's make a whole move set, rules, and regulations for it!"

More edits have been made to already functioning guidelines over the past month and a half than almost EVER.

If Strongest Shield is getting a set of guidelines, we should start making guidelines on when and when you can't use Susanoo, or limitations to instantaneous Kamui.

Or how about we start regulating on how my breaths each person can take in a minute?

:/ Everything on this whole site is getting ridiculous. Ridiculously stupid.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »

No. My god. I mean, no, you're right, kind of, or something.

But no.

Adding new rules, making goddamn guidelines, that is NOT what SL is. Are we just going to make a guideline for everything that comes up? :/ It's everyone's solution!

"Oh, there is this once in a blue moon type thing going on right now, so let's make a whole move set, rules, and regulations for it!"

More edits have been made to already functioning guidelines over the past month and a half than almost EVER.

If Strongest Shield is getting a set of guidelines, we should start making guidelines on when and when you can't use Susanoo, or limitations to instantaneous Kamui.

Or how about we start regulating on how my breaths each person can take in a minute?

:/ Everything on this whole site is getting ridiculous. Ridiculously stupid.

Look, all I did was offer an Idea, whether it was right or wrong is irrelevant.

The fact that people don't understand how it works, and it's limits is it's issue, all I am suggesting is that the users of the technique lay out what they believe it does, and how it's application into a site like this is not strictly godmod, and if what they say in fact is, then an issue will spawn and we deal with it again with now more information to argue for or against.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »

No need imo. If someone pulls questionable bullshit with their 'strongest shield' and refuses to repost, just show them 3rd raikage getting slashed up by Temari and quote them something like what I said.

"And of course not to forget the fact ones nerves, organs and the like can't be trained either, not to mention no matter how tough your skin and muscles were it would still melt away if you got splattered in acid or similarly corrosive substances."

And they can't really argue, because that's super old logic even canon Naruto chars themselves have stated to be facts.

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 09:38:44 PM »

In my personal own opinions i don't think people should be able to stack certain OP skills anyway. Same way with the Reborn system in SL Their is a reason why you can't have two different Eye Doujutus active.

I feel that using Sharingan And Sage mode is a bit much or sage mode and the mind's eye as you would think the sensory overload would drive you insane but that's on other's people RP style and i'm not about to pull the pin on that grenade.

The move should be more regulated or at least have some guidelines laid down, I tell people this all the time but this isn't Naruto... Yes it is based on it but we've changed and added so many things to it we've honestly sorta have just deviated from it. Yes, some of our things are relative to the show but they don't take it as far in the show you see them maybe one or twice and that's it.

I've seen people use ice release to teleport others, or using nagato's rain technique to make it rain acid, or even using steel release to change body parts into spears.. the point is every technique we change sorta becomes it's new thing and if it's super sketchy on the show we really shouldn't just pop it in to SL and role with it in the first place. We should place reasonable limits on it so only 4 people can teach FTG OH NO WHATEVER WILL I DO WITH OUT THIS OP TECH!!! (Cries) better then the rest of SL teleporting everywhere they want. Moves and Skills are constantly adjusted for people's specific style of fighting.

For this Strongest shield?? First thing Can't you guys come up with a better name?
I mean seriously? Strongest Shield?  just wow... Secondly just make some rules based off it's effects. You can take a few C or B jutsu's okay fine.. if you use something to bolster the effect you can take a few A <.< Yes it's possible  (i'm sorry if you don't think so) Look at all the characters and their abilities that allowed them to.... THEY'RE BROKEN i mean look at kimmimaro... Enough said...

Slap a few guidelines on it or leave it to the users (who use it correctly) to make a wiki and correct it and change the description (and hopefully the name) and let's all get back to doing what we do and rping and making new things.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:41:19 PM by Murciélago/Bryantheexiled »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.