Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Name of the village will be....

Amegakure
- 23 (41.8%)
Uzushiogakure
- 32 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 04:30:27 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: New Village Proposition?  (Read 33938 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: New Village Proposition?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 08:06:46 PM »

Sooo.....

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2015, 08:21:29 PM »

Basically, I think we're waiting for Neji to come online and check this place. There's quite a bit that he'll need to look at while he's here lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »

I shall wait an eternity for Neji-senapi.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2015, 06:25:31 AM »

He will post soon. ;)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »

Added a poll to this ;)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »

So to clarify the poll is about turning the other oto into either uzushio or ame?

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »

I'd say rename Hidden Otogakure to Uzushiogakure in the meantime you can rename Hoshigakure to Amegakure or vice-versa. It's not like anyone'd ever visit that deserted village in the first place, chakra recovery and plastic surgery aside. RP-wise, this village is pointless.

So to clarify the poll is about turning the other oto into either uzushio or ame?

Yes.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:21:06 PM by Snap »

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2015, 06:05:42 PM »

Oh please, with Ichiro and Masane gone Ame has basically nobody else than Kage. Hoshi already has minor activity, and its going to see more too now that my character is recovered.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »

Amegakure has waited longer. And there are times that Suna, or Kumo, or Iwa has seen only myself posting so I do not feel that the momentary lull in 'members' is indicative of need. Ame is the older of the two clans as well. Were it offered up as a birth village I feel that it would attract new members just as Oto has done.

I think it would be good to still permit the open clan option with the Clan Waiting Area as a travel hub than to make birth villages for each and every clan that has a measurable activity level. [THIS WOULD BE SO HELPFUL FOR THE CHUUNIN EXAMS COMING UP!] I wonder if there are other clans that are active who do not participate on the forum and would have loved to put in a bid for birth village status that are even older than both Uzi and Ame, such as Yuki perhaps? Its even older than the Suna, Kumo, and Konoha clans. I know that wars and 'main stream rp' have driven those kids from the main village boards and they congregate in the gardens; Suna has lost the sound of its children.  :smt089

Anyway, I lean toward the first come first served scenario. I would hate to see Hoshi deleted though. Somehow it just wouldn't seem like SL without it. Perhaps you could do both? Make Ame a birth village and add the open clan option?

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2015, 09:02:32 PM »

To be fair, having Otogakure as a birth village hasn't caused an increase in clan activity. If anything, clan activity has been rather low and we have many inactive members. But there's been more village activity, which is a good thing.
But I also believe the open clan option would be a good thing to have. Though, I believe that instead of having a place where you can travel to any clan (like Jisegakure), there should be a different option when you travel to the halls that would be visitation or something similar. So if one were to be in Suna clan and wanted to visit Ame clan, they would select it and the clan leadership would get a request similar to a normal member joining where they would approve or deny the visit. That way cross-clan RP could be much more accessible instead of members having to quit one clan to join another.

As for who should get the village, I'm a bit torn. While Ame has been waiting longer, it's also been the subject for strife here in the forum. My own personal experience was not good either long ago, but maybe it has changed since then. I don't have any experience with Uzu, but I have heard that they're quite active. Of course, without looking myself I have no verification of it. While I believe both villages should have one and it doesn't seem like that'll be happening any time soon, my vote is swayed towards Uzu just because of my previous past experience with Ame. It's one of those tricky situations where no matter where you throw the stone, it's gonna hit someone.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »

Oh please, with Ichiro and Masane gone Ame has basically nobody else than Kage. Hoshi already has minor activity, and its going to see more too now that my character is recovered.

Oh c'mon! Amegakure has to be active in some way, you can't just tell me Kage is the only person keeping this village aliv---

Actually, nevermind. The village is pretty much nigh-inactive. As to which village I chose to become official on Shinobi Legends, I voted for Uzushiogakure, just 'cause, we need more gingers for the greater good of this world.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2015, 10:25:22 PM »

Uzu is bigger, more active, and more user friendly to put it simply. On the other hand Ame is older and has waited longer. Which one justifies it more? Well that's based on the person(s) voting.

For me it's obviously Uzu based on what I already said.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2015, 11:51:48 PM »

Is there any way both villages can win? Jis? Hoshi? Make a new village board?

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2015, 12:09:18 AM »

Why not just have the two have a clan war over it? Winner takes the village board and the loser goes into que.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2015, 12:13:25 AM »

Why not just have the two have a clan war over it? Winner takes the village board and the loser goes into que.

You're essentially asking for Uzu vs Kage.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.