Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Crazy Bijū Handling Idea  (Read 19444 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Crazy Bijū Handling Idea
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »

I have a stupid, crazy idea.
Probably won't be liked but maybe some food for thought.

Instead of creating jinchūriki and hosting the beasts indefinitely, maybe they should remain as a village summon.

What I mean by "village summon" is that the beasts return to their canonical villages (*with exceptions):

Konohagakure: Kyūbi
Kirigakure: Sanbi
Kumogakure: Hachibi
Iwagakure: Yonbi
Sunagakure: Ichibi

*Exceptions:
Uzushiogakure: Rokubi
Amegakure: Gobi
Otogakure: Nanabi
??: Nibi

They would exist as a protector of the village they are affiliated with but allowed to free roam. They are loved by the villagers instead of hated. They aren't mindless beasts but mentors of wisdom.

However, not everyone in the village can summon them. They must first prove their worth by trial of combat. This is done by either challenging the beast itself or the main contract holder. Should the challenger succeed in his/her match, then they are allowed to sign onto the beast's contract, no questions asked.

After a while of becoming friendly with the beast, eventually one would be given one (1) tail of chakra to seal within himself/herself as a token of the beast's affection. Could only ever activate V1 cloak and be able to utilize their distinct trademark ability to a small extent.

However, the stipulation for travelers looking to become friendly with all the beasts would be that you couldn't use the village beast to attack their own village. That would break the contract and the beast would turn on the summoner.

Could a village wage war on another village using the bijū? Probably so but they would hate every moment of it. They would be protectors of their people, not weapons of war.

The main contract holder would be the current 'Kage of the village. (S)He could also give this duty to another who is more active than they so it is entirely fair for all to achieve.

To prevent blatant bias, there would exist an OOC bijū council where those in the council take turns GM'ing different beasts.

---------------------------------------

I do not know of what village the Nibi should go. Maybe Kusagakure, but they don't seem to be all that active any more. I don't see many Yukigakure shinobi running about either.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:52:07 PM by Dāto Terumī »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Crazy Bijū Handling Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 09:06:44 PM »

This also opens up RP for all players, old and new.

Each of the bijū could teach, train, and pass on their abilities.

Shukaku
•Magnetism
•Sand

Matatabi
•Blue Fire

Isobu
•Coral

Son Gōku
•Lava

Kōkuo
•Boil

Saiken
•Acid

Chōmei
•Scale
•Silk
•Flight

Gyūki
•Ink

Kurama
•Negative Emotion Sensing

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »

If Dart were to ever fall under infinite tsukuyomi, I'll know what his dream is.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:32:42 PM »

I actually really like this idea. First thing that came to mind for me though is what if someone still what's to capture them? Would capturing and becoming a jinchuriki be voided?
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 09:40:24 PM »

Too massive/impossible to seal I suppose, so it'd be impossible to remove them from the area/village.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »

Why can't Kumo summon all of them? I don't like this. /jk

Though this bugs me:

After a while of becoming friendly with the beast, eventually one would be given one (1) tail of chakra to seal within himself/herself as a token of the beast's affection. Could only ever activate V1 cloak and be able to utilize their distinct trademark ability to a small extent.

Let's not do distribution of chakra. We just said we want this as a summon. Leave it at that.

We now have the chance of bijuu being Village Gundam. We still need profiles for them as a template for how GMs should handle them.

Let's also avoid passing on abilities. Learning Lava or something like controlling sand is too much.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »

Au contraire, number of those abilities can actually be learned without being a host.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 10:56:49 PM »

Au contraire, number of those abilities can actually be learned without being a host.

Then let them learn it without the beast.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 11:06:57 PM »

I've thought about a similar thing in the past, but figured people wouldn't be interested because it wouldn't give people that personal gain they want. But, if something like this were to come about, we'd need to change the whole 'bijuu power levels' things to all be the same. We know that canonically the 9 tails is the strongest (most chakra), but we'd have to have them all at the same level.

That way there would be nothing to really fight over if every village was given the same 'power'. And in case a village wants to fight another village for a bijuu, it would just be a bijuu swap. Like if Suna wants to fight Konoha to get the 9 tails (simply for the sake of having the 9 tails, because they'd all be the same power-wise), if Suna wins they get the 9 tails while Konoha now has the 1 tail. If they lose, no one loses anything.

Just a suggestion and I know the Bijuu are a touchy subject.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:36 PM »

No, this is pretty cool. I like this a whole lot more than getting rid of them all together honestly.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 12:23:59 AM »

Though this bugs me:

Let's not do distribution of chakra. We just said we want this as a summon. Leave it at that.

We now have the chance of bijuu being Village Gundam. We still need profiles for them as a template for how GMs should handle them.

Let's also avoid passing on abilities. Learning Lava or something like controlling sand is too much.

That's fair enough too. I just thought that giving out a distribution would still satisfy those people's RP to achieve a state of nirvana or oneness with the beasts like Warren did.

And of course, you would need the necessary elements in order to have those traits passed on. But yes, they can also be taught on the own agenda. I just thought it would be pretty cool to be mentored by one of the legendary bijū similar to how one learns Sage Mode.

It's all just an idea that can be easily worked with, too! Just throwing it out there so all feedback is good!

I actually really like this idea. First thing that came to mind for me though is what if someone still what's to capture them? Would capturing and becoming a jinchuriki be voided?

Well, that's where a ruling needs to be set down to be honorable and not do such a thing. Or always have a guard to intervene with someone attempting to do that.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 12:28:00 AM »

Though this bugs me:

That's fair enough too. I just thought that giving out a distribution would still satisfy those people's RP to achieve a state of nirvana or oneness with the beasts like Warren did.

And of course, you would need the necessary elements in order to have those traits passed on. But yes, they can also be taught on the own agenda. I just thought it would be pretty cool to be mentored by one of the legendary bijū similar to how one learns Sage Mode.

It's all just an idea that can be easily worked with, too! Just throwing it out there so all feedback is good!

Well, that's where a ruling needs to be set down to be honorable and not do such a thing. Or always have a guard to intervene with someone attempting to do that.

Can probably get away with them teaching you how to control yin and yang chakra. Or just how to use animals that are like them to summon (though the 5 tails concerns me). OR, you can gain animalistic traits from them.

IE: Kyuubi gives you ears for hearing as well as agility increase. Hachibi gives you strength increase. Stuff like this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 12:34:01 AM »

As a proponent for outright voiding the tailed beast, I find it very hard to support this concept, since it not only keeps the beasts in the game, it considerably increases the difficulty in attacking a village period. It was one thing having to deal with the shinobi players of the village, but now a tailed beast that you can neither restrain nor "capture"? This is creeping into "tools of war" territory here with the beasts in a worse fashion than when we were dealing with jinchurikii.

Offering my input though, wouldn't it be better for them to not give any buffs at all? After all, the beasts are being forever rooted to a village regardless of circumstance if i have read correctly. I imagine the Kage of each village would want their own pick of the beasts, and I have little doubt some would have more competition than others.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 12:45:04 AM »

As a proponent for outright voiding the tailed beast, I find it very hard to support this concept, since it not only keeps the beasts in the game, it considerably increases the difficulty in attacking a village period. It was one thing having to deal with the shinobi players of the village, but now a tailed beast that you can neither restrain nor "capture"? This is creeping into "tools of war" territory here with the beasts in a worse fashion than when we were dealing with jinchurikii.

Offering my input though, wouldn't it be better for them to not give any buffs at all? After all, the beasts are being forever rooted to a village regardless of circumstance if i have read correctly. I imagine the Kage of each village would want their own pick of the beasts, and I have little doubt some would have more competition than others.

That's not true. I want them all.

But I did forget to ask: How do we deal with beasts that are KIA during a war?

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 12:54:39 AM »

You can't "kill" a beast. It'll always reform after a while.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 15 queries.