Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Random Ramen  (Read 3853 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Random Ramen
« on: September 28, 2015, 08:55:05 PM »

Well, I was bored and thinking of a possible event in the forest because a new one might be nice and I thought of something that could probably be simple to do.

As you are exploring through the forest, you manage to find an extremely out-of-place ramen restaurant. (1,2)

1. Enter.
2. Leave.

1 - As you push aside the doorway curtain to enter the restaurant, you're greeted by an old man dressed as a chef standing behind a counter. There doesn't appear to be a menu anywhere as you take a seat at the bar. "Welcome! Welcome! I haven't had a guest in ages. Would you like me to cook you some ramen?" A devilish grin creeps up on the old man's face, but he seems genuinely interested in cooking. (3,4)

2 - You don't really trust a restaurant that doesn't have a name and is built in such a strange place, so you decided to keep going. As you walk away, you turn back for a moment to see that the restaurant is gone...Or maybe it was never there in the first place? Oh well, time waits for no one.

3. Order ramen. (Here is where you would pay some gold. I feel that it could be increase with level, just like the gypsy tent. Probably 20 for level 1, 40 for level 2, etc...)
4. Leave.

3 - After handing the chef your gold, he quickly begins preparing the bowl of ramen. You try to get a look at what he's adding to it, but his hands move far too fast as he adds spices and ingredients to the dish. Once he's done, he pours it all into a large bowl and sets it down in front of you. "Enjoy. I made it special just for you." Well, it looks alright at least. You dig in. (5)

4 - There's just something about this place and this man that makes you feel uneasy, so you politely refuse and leave the restaurant. As you walk away, you turn back for a moment to see that the restaurant is gone...Or maybe it was never there in the first place? Oh well, time waits for no one.

5. Continue.

5 - You eat up every last bit of the delicious meal, all under the smiling and watchful eyes of the cook. You've never tasted anything as amazing as this before! You are about to ask for seconds as you set the bowl back down, but your head starts to spin. "Did you like it?" Those were the last words you heard before falling backwards out of your chair as your vision fades. (READ BELOW)

At this point, I feel like there could be a 10% chance of death from this event, which would end up with As you fall backwards, you hit the back of your head on the corner of a table. Well, at least you were able to enjoy your last meal.

For the other 90%, you would basically be given a random buff/debuff. And I mean completely random with the selection coming from any of the buffs/jutsu/mounts/etc in the game. And it would last as long as it normally would. So you could end up with the Wet Ear debuff, the Kaiten jutsu for 10 turns, or even Kyuubi for the rest of the day. It would read something like, Eventually you regain consciousness and find yourself looking up at the sky feeling full. You sit up and look around, the restaurant is nowhere to be seen and your surrounded by woods. [As you stand up and go back into the forest, you feel as if you have gained a strange power.]
If I was given a list of all the buffs in the game, I wouldn't have an issue writing flavor text for each individual outcome to fill the [ ] space if something generic wouldn't be good enough.

So, is this a good idea?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: Random Ramen
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 06:15:53 AM »

Replace ramen with Dank meme and I'm all for this.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:45:00 AM »

Well, I'm guessing this is a kind of dead zone of the forums lol I tried at least

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 03:27:09 AM »

I like this idea...of course the chances would have to be tweaked. And each buff/debuff individually tweaked on rareness.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 04:16:59 AM »

Well, that would kill the whole 'random' aspect of it. If you gave every buff/debuff/jutsu/mount the same chances of being acquired, then it would be random and people would actually want to try for it. If you had a high chance of getting wet ears and Kawarimi no Jutsu's and almost no chance of Kyuubi or M. Sharingan, no one would probably bother and it would lose out on the fun of it. :)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 04:51:37 AM »

They would always bother. >>;

Or at least I would. That's the thing though we would have to do it that way. :P
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 05:28:58 AM »

But why would we have to do it? I'd also like other people's input if they want to comment on it. I figured that since it would be pulling from the pool of all jutsus, KGs, mounts, buffs, items and debufs then it'd be okay to make it completely random since there's so many to choose from. Maybe just make it a once per day thing (is that possible?) too so you can't stack up a whole bunch of things if you happen to run into the restaurant more than once.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 05:45:05 AM »

I'm sure there's someway to make it a one per day thing. Like how you can only buy mount feed once a day and so on.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 03:08:54 PM »

There are already may too many instant death events on chance I avoid, so this one I will avoid at all costs. The only exception is gaining the CS since the benefits are worth the risk.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 03:03:37 AM »

It is extremely useful knowing every event and what it does when leveling. ~

Difference in dying and living in gaining 5000exp to losing it. Getting more perm hp, etc.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »

Mhmm, I see no novelty added by that event.

It should be more than a buff-place.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 05:58:05 PM »

I don't think I understand what is meant by novelty :(
I figured it'd be fun because you would have no idea what you would end up with. Is it maybe due to the fact that there's no enough debuffs to counter everything else? Maybe adding some more debuffs could solve that. Such as a chance to drain chakra points or something.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 10:17:17 PM »

I don't think I understand what is meant by novelty :(
I figured it'd be fun because you would have no idea what you would end up with. Is it maybe due to the fact that there's no enough debuffs to counter everything else? Maybe adding some more debuffs could solve that. Such as a chance to drain chakra points or something.

He means he sees no need for it. It's not really anything new so to say...we already have enough buff events.

So maybe make it a debuff event? But then everyone would avoid it. << So yes, add equal amounts of buffs/debuffs

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 10:30:06 PM »

I think if we added more debuffs to balance it out a little bit, it could be fun. And this would be an event kind of similar to those machines you sometimes see in restaurants where you put in a coin, turn the knob, and get a sticker/toy/whatever. You never know exactly what you would get, even if you see all the options on the machine. That's why I figured it could be fun. There's a small chance you would die, a small chance you'd get something rather useless, a chance you could end up with something bad, and a chance you could end up with something really good. Like the lottery, but with buffs/debuffs/jutsu.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.