Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Possible Return of Gai?  (Read 2483 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Possible Return of Gai?
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:42:41 PM »

I was thinking. Couldn't he have gotten part of his leg amputated and then replaced with a 'Mokuton' leg or something? Basically a similar situation with Naruto & Sasuke. o.o

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Return of Gai?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 10:47:39 PM »

Doesn't matter. He used up all of his youth during the war time. Without any youth to tap into, he can't fight anymore.

In all seriousness though, I don't see why he would need to have it amputated. I'm sure there would have been other options, but I think he's just gotten old and tired like Kakashi. Plus, with the world more-or-less at 'peace' now, there isn't as much of a need for ninja as there were prior to all the major nations joining forces.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:51:51 PM »

Yeah but I am sure having the ability to walk around is better than travelling via wheelchair. He even had some ninja action in one of the novels. I believe the Kakashi one.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »

Maybe, but I don't really think that would be fitting Gai's personality. He was a man who focused on obtaining physical perfection. Doing something like hacking off his leg and replacing it with a fake one would be breaking his character, I think. He would probably much rather have his full body and have part of it damaged/unusable and still try to bring out his body's potential instead of trying to replace the broken parts.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 11:10:20 PM »

Give him a zetsu arm.

Or a Naruto like arm for his leg
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 11:23:47 PM »

Haven't read the novel so can't say on that regard. As for why the wheelchair and cast, I find the most likely explanations to be either the bone is so brittle or in pieces that it can't be mended proper, or the part of his foot that crumbled into ash is missing. Neither makes much sense though, since the Yang power should have fixed it no problem. Could also be an injury from somewhere else, but why it'd persist unchanging from The Last era to Boruto era would be questionable.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 03:28:49 AM »

Let's recap how Guy's leg became the way it is.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-673-page-12.html

In exchange for performing the ultimate taijutsu attack, the leg is shattered upon impact with the target. Not only that, but it also makes Guy immobile and set for death, until Naruto comes in and uses the power of his Six Paths Sage Mode to keep him from dying.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-673-page-16.html
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-673-page-17.html

Naruto clearly has the power to prevent death via the Gate of Death's usage, and can even completely restore complex organs such as eyes.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-676-page-13.html
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-676-page-14.html

Apparently he didn't or couldn't restore the leg's bones. But he can totally prevent somebody from being turned to ashes. Perhaps it was Kishimoto's way of letting Lee take Guy's place as Konoha's ultimate taijutsu user. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Guy was just faking it to let the younger generation take his place. He even wore his usual shinobi uniform in The Last. But I can imagine that it was probably more for formal purposes, like what someone serving in the military would wear for formal occasions.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 06:48:09 AM »

Pretty sure Naruto lost his Yang power after the sealing of Kaguya, so he couldn't help Guy there. Not to mention, as someone else already said, he's probably just done with being a Ninja. He was all about youth but his is all out so he'll let the next gen. take over.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.