Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Claimed Tug of Wars  (Read 11621 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Claimed Tug of Wars
« on: October 16, 2015, 06:01:46 AM »

Lately, there seems to be a lot of erasing, and re-adding, and erasing, and re-adding going on in the claims page. The Wrist-Mounted Senbon Launcher and 8-Tails in particular. I'll talk about the smaller can of worms.

Is something like a senbon launcher attached to your wrist that significant that it needs to be claimed? I mean, it's just a tool to launch little senbons. There's wrist-mounted kunai-launchers, smoke-ball launchers, and probably shuriken launchers too. What makes this one special? Personally, I wouldn't care if someone claimed something so basic and would have no issue using such a thing if it fit my character. But I just want to hear people's opinion on it.

Also, please be civil. I don't want this to break down to a whole bunch of people calling each other stupid or a loads of passive-aggressive comments.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:03:48 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Claimed Tug of Wars
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 06:27:51 AM »

Well I don't know if you've checked the Tailed Beast list lately but I already fixed that.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Tailed_Beasts

As for the other stuff it just seems to be that one person, Silence, claiming a bunch of random stuff.

Could we maybe go through the claims list and remove claims for things like the senbon launcher? That is a glorified sling-shot. A 5 year old of above average intelligence could make that, there is no reason for it to be claimed. Another claim is by Yomi this time is the Konoha Chakra Blade.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Konoha_Chakra_Blade

Why is this person who has no affiliation with the leaf village claiming what is stated on its page to be a standard issue weapon for Konoha? It is not even special in any way, it's just a chakra blade.

The claims list needs to be cleaned up.

As for the bijuu someone needs to capture one of the 8 tails and give it to the other host so there is only 1 again.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 06:36:08 AM »

Well I don't know if you've checked the Tailed Beast list lately but I already fixed that.

Another claim is by Yomi this time is the Konoha Chakra Blade.

The claims list needs to be cleaned up.

You know, when I saw that yesterday I was REALLY tempted to fix your broken link to bring people to the actual Wiki page.

And yes, I agree that stuff like the blade shouldn't be claimable. Especially when it's description reads
The Konoha Chakra Blade is a standard blade wielded by shinobi from Konohagakure.
Standard issue, so it's not like there's only one.

And I also agree that the claims list would need to be cleaned. Or at least a lot of stuff moved to the 'free claims' page. But that would require someone going on and sorting through the claimed list to find out who's quit the game and who's still here.
And I'm sure even if someone quit and one day comes back, they might complain when they find out all their stuff is no longers theirs. But should we wait for the 'IF'? I dunno. That's something higher up than me lol

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 06:43:59 AM »

You know, when I saw that yesterday I was REALLY tempted to fix your broken link to bring people to the actual Wiki page.

Please do, only reason I didn't was I forgot how it works.

Tomorrow perhaps I will make a list of everything I would remove from the claims list and/or make free claimed if I had the power to do so. Perhaps we could then discuss and apply some changes in the future.

Kage

• View Profile

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 07:18:56 AM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8593.0.html

Cool story bruh, but the only ruling I got from that Topic was

You're all awful. Would have stayed longer and fought Madara if I knew this laughing stock of an issue would take place #TeamTrev
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »

I think that instead of wondering why something was done, it could be immeasurably useful to ask the person in question what their thinking on the matter at hand is.

As to removing inactives 'anythings' go...I feel that it is important to have the record of who was who and what they were outfitted with remain as is. Then if that person should ever return, then they do not have to go around rebuilding the lists to reflect their character's build.

I find nothing wrong with  several people claiming similar things...just as tools and jutsu. Named unique items are what seem to be the issue though. It might be useful to have the current name of the active possessor be in bold, like the owner of the summons contract is, and do not remove the name of the inactive possessor. But only for major big fat hairy deal one of a kind canon items. Custom items should be sacrosanct and left the heck alone.

AND...how is it decided who can then lay claim to the inactive item? All gather in the private zone and roll for it? Leave it to chance and avoid the tug of war.

But the editing thing needs to stop. It is beyond rude to remove someone's name from a listing. Talking to people really is not that hard. But this behind the back thing is so grade school folks.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 07:50:53 AM »

Good points. I might have not thought of them either because I'm sick right now, I've been getting my butt kicked at work, I don't really have any claimed things to contest, or any combination of the above lol

I believe that the inactives should be kept on the list for history sake, but perhaps we can find out who's inactive or active and just place a (inactive) bubble next to their name so people won't be afraid of getting the community up their butt just because they want to have a certain summon or jutsu.

As for the singular items (like Samehada), then I guess that's a bit of a troublesome thing if someone inactive claimed something like that. Maybe put (previous owners) next to the name and just keep adding to the list?

For custom stuff (like my summons of raptors and ants), only reason I put a claim on them was because I really wanted to type up a page for them. But for anyone who knows my character, summons are probably one of the last things I do. As for who decides to get these claimed items that are 'up for grabs', maybe it can kind of be an unwritten rule that someone who already has a bunch of claimed stuff can't have it as well (unless they fight for it?). Let someone who doesn't have anything get a shot at building their character. Or just not care about it and let people use what they want regardless of claim status.

And for issues that come with items that are 'claimed' but maybe shouldn't really be claimed because they're not that spectacular/individual...Why not make an Items page? List items that don't fit on the claimed page even though they're 'claimed' that way people can just add to it for ownership. Maybe put (original owner) for the person who first picked/made it so they get recognition.

Those are just some ideas.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 08:20:26 AM »

You're all awful. Would have stayed longer and fought Madara if I knew this laughing stock of an issue would take place #TeamTrev
Just letting the subject of the claims of the Eight Tails stay in a thread that's been continually open for the discussion of that. But I can understand why the forum has slowed down a bit and is hesitant to talk on an issue of the Tailed Beasts. Mainly it's in fear that another 16 page-long topic will commence.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »

Quote from: Bocchiere
As for the bijuu someone needs to capture one of the 8 tails and give it to the other host so there is only 1 again.

Unfortunately that is what I am trying to do at this moment. I just hope through my actions, I can mend the rift created from that topic alone, but for now I can only cross my fingers and knock on wood until it comes to pass. :oops:

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 06:27:00 PM »

Just letting the subject of the claims of the Eight Tails stay in a thread that's been continually open for the discussion of that. But I can understand why the forum has slowed down a bit and is hesitant to talk on an issue of the Tailed Beasts. Mainly it's in fear that another 16 page-long topic will commence.

Or out of concern for another horse to be beaten dead for no results? Fear is a pretty intense choice of words there.

And an individual cannot claim a "standard" issue weapon. It's like, standard isssue. Maybe claim to be its creator, but claim to be the only one with it? Kind of defeats the purpose unless it used to be standard issue.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 07:00:20 PM »

Or out of concern for another horse to be beaten dead for no results? Fear is a pretty intense choice of words there.

And an individual cannot claim a "standard" issue weapon. It's like, standard isssue. Maybe claim to be its creator, but claim to be the only one with it? Kind of defeats the purpose unless it used to be standard issue.
The term of beating a dead horse implies that the issue has been resolved and any other conversation about it, whether it be constructive or not, is moot.

But the fact that this is still an issue, means that the horse is alive and bucking. People just choose to pretend that it's not wrecking the farm, until it starts to dig it's hooves into their front porch and tear up their homes. By that time their ignorance comes full circle. Or perhaps the ignorance goes even further, to the point of them being content with what is to come. Simply meaning they don't care even if their house is torn down.

And I do restate the fact that the community is scared. They're scared that another stalemate in an issue will be met, and that nothing will get done or change. This is exactly what happened with the Tailed Beast Amend/Abolish thread. All that input and effort into getting it organized and getting a large amount of the participating forum community to contribute to it went to moot with an unforeseen stalemate. People are mostly calm when they know what the results of either side of a vote will bring, because it's something that can be foreseen and planned upon in advance. But in the event of a draw that occurred when both sides were so confident in winning, people stand around and have no idea what to do. Nobody lost and nobody won. People became burned out, and would rather go their separate ways than to burn not each other, but themselves out again.

It makes some people realize that we're just as bad as the politicians in our respective governing bodies. But I always thought this was pretty obvious anyways.

The worst part about dealing with issues though, is when one side is so adamant about their position and yet they won't provide any reasoning or reply to the other. On-lookers who don't even have the guts to admit and flat-out say "I don't know" can be just as bad.

Separation is what has the potential to destroy communities. But discussion and compromise is what can mend it back together. Arguing is not bad. It's how you go about it.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 07:05:06 PM »

Honestly, the last few topics have just drained me of all energy and patents for this site. So, I agree with you that a 16 page long discussion just seems daunting.

Hopefully Kamui can mend the rift like he wishes too, because that would be exactly what I need to get rid of this headache >.>

When it comes to tailed beasts, you all have honestly just beaten me down with the ignorance and inability to come to any form of conclusion. I seriously wanted to help with the rules. I wanted to see something get fixed. Though I have come to the conclusion that SL will never be able to find a middle ground that everyone can agree upon. It just won't happen. I'm convinced.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 07:32:04 PM »

Honestly, the last few topics have just drained me of all energy and patents for this site. So, I agree with you that a 16 page long discussion just seems daunting.

Hopefully Kamui can mend the rift like he wishes too, because that would be exactly what I need to get rid of this headache >.>

When it comes to tailed beasts, you all have honestly just beaten me down with the ignorance and inability to come to any form of conclusion. I seriously wanted to help with the rules. I wanted to see something get fixed. Though I have come to the conclusion that SL will never be able to find a middle ground that everyone can agree upon. It just won't happen. I'm convinced.
At this point, I'm content with both of us having it. One has Yin and the other has Yang. As shown with Kurama, this is a canon form that the Tailed Beasts are capable of becoming. They are living forms of pure chakra in the first place. At the same time, Kurama didn't really show any notable decrease in power from being split in half. Maybe he was just down-sized a bit when initially split in half, but he apparently grew back to his regular size when shown in comparison with the other Tailed Beasts.

If the community doesn't seem troubled at all in intervening or letting their voice be known about the issue, we might as well resolve it on our own.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 07:51:50 PM »

If the community doesn't seem troubled at all in intervening or letting their voice be known about the issue, we might as well resolve it on our own.

That's just it, community is honestly just exhausted of it all. Even if we ever agree on something, folk like Warren will just ignore it and do whatever they want. Now we can go ahead and just void them/strip them and assign it to someone else or whatever, but honestly it's only going to create a larger rift between the entire SL community. As of now, it's probably best to resolve things as personal as one can and avoid the forums like the plague it can be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.