Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Village Change: Jiseigakure to Amegakure  (Read 7026 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Village Change: Jiseigakure to Amegakure
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 05:12:57 AM »

Neji has to fix his quote system ASAP

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »

There's nothing wrong with it. I just assumed people loved quoting themselves.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »

No, I think Raifudo is referring to Shadow's previous post.
I believe Shadow forgot to take out a few lines because I don't know if you noticed, but you were quoted for something that Raifudo actually said.

I do agree that the quoting system needs to be improved upon.
I'm sure when we all want to quote someone, we just want that latest 'comment' that the person actually typed up, NOT all those quotes that were included prior to. >.>

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 03:18:25 PM »

No, I think Raifudo is referring to Shadow's previous post.
I believe Shadow forgot to take out a few lines because I don't know if you noticed, but you were quoted for something that Raifudo actually said.

I do agree that the quoting system needs to be improved upon.
I'm sure when we all want to quote someone, we just want that latest 'comment' that the person actually typed up, NOT all those quotes that were included prior to. >.>

You can always just erase it in your post making, though that can get rather tricky if you are not very forum savvy.

Jk, I know how it works.  ;) You can always just erase those extra quotes with the almighty backspace. I agree with Kay, the system seem fine to me, it just seems that a joke was being made regarding improper use of it.

Trying to stay on topic though, I think it would be better to change Hoshigakure to Amegakure if we are going to keep on the village board changing. Jisiegakure is supposed to be a central, neutral place, and whether people uses it that way or not is irrevelent. If the kage were not in their own little worlds, then they would probably feel more compelled to meet together at some kind of Summit more often than once every blue moon.

And Hoshi is not exactly being used much more often than Jisigakure.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 05:33:39 PM »

Except even hoshi has more purpose than ame now, and its going to see a further rise in it after I send out some dudes to establish relations and perhaps a mission or two with the main villages.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 06:07:49 PM »

Mei...you make me smile... The indentation indicates what Raifudo said...and the underline finishes that bit. while underneath that box are the lines that I have said...with my name at the header. SO while I quote Rai...and his words show with his name, my own comment is fixed at the bottom after his words. I shall color code, because I love that.

Quote from: KayentaMoenkopi on Today at 01:45:20 pm
-->Quote from: Raifudo, the Raifudo on Today at 05:12:57 am
-->Neji has to fix his quote system ASAP

I think that the desire to use Hoshi and get it going is a worth while one and it interests me. The potential for using Ame also interests me. I see no reason why this has to be an insult festival to one place over another, why we have to lose localities when we desire to have another be made public. It hurts no one to have a place where a few people are engaged in activity. We already have major villages where only a hand full of people are public. So what is the deal with a couple more? If it does not interest you, then there is no need to denigrate it or say it is worthless. Just be polite and do your own thing without trying to tear something that matters to another down.

I am seriously not interested in rudeness these days.

have you ever had an ant crawl into your ear? omg...I wanted to vomit.
I was out in the yard planting these spiky spruce shrub tree things last year. and i just felt this fluttering in my right ear and it was going to drive me insane. it felt like how when you get water in your ear and it drains out in little bits making huge drumming noises? like trilling your tongue fast.

SO i got a flashlight and stuck it on my ear and the damned thing crawled toward the light. thank god.

I think feuding here on the forum has become like that ant in my ear. I would rather die than go through it again.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »

I don't see why Hoshigakure has to be replaced. I thought Jiseigakure was more fit for needing replacing. And canonically, the land where Amegakure resides sits in the dead center of three out of five of the great shinobi nations. The travel system already somewhat works out with it's location and the amount of points needed to travel the distance to each village from Jisei/Ame.

You guys also bring up that it's supposed to be a place of neutrality. But really, when's the last time somebody has actually legitimately RP'd there? Even Hoshigakure and the higher level zones get more RP action than Jiseigakure. If you want a neutral and central place where everybody can gather, then you should suggest a secondary The Gardens module that is re-skinned and renamed to something else. Maybe even request that the Forest get an RP/commentary area, since the wilderness is pretty much a free-for-all place.

An entirely new village board is an option, but it may be a lot more time-consuming to implement.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 07:12:26 PM »

That map does bring to mind though, I'm pretty sure Hoshi is at the wrong place. To my understanding its at Bear Country, which is one of the 2-3 between Suna/Wind and Iwa/Earth.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »

... SO i got a flashlight and stuck it on my ear and the damned thing crawled toward the light. thank god...

Not that I'm keen on getting water in my ear either, but don't you think that might would have gotten it out as well? though I will keep that flashlight idea in mind just in case I get one of those non-fiery critters in there...

... You guys also bring up that it's supposed to be a place of neutrality. But really, when's the last time somebody has actually legitimately RP'd there...

When was the last time all (or even the standard big 6) of the SL world's leaders (village and/or clan) came together someplace for some reason? It's been months, perhaps even a year and some change now? The answer though is more likely than not the same; if the world's leaders don't meet in a neutral location, that neutral location is naturally going to be a little underused.

If you don't get an ant in your ear and you are not experiencing rolling blackouts, chances are, the flashlight is not going to get much use either. But that doesn't mean that you would get rid of the flashlight either.

Eventually the SL world's leaders are going to want to meet again, maybe to discuss RP matterss or just to dick around. I dunno. There are alternatives, but Ninja Central was supposed to be a race-free village (just in case another in-game war broke out) that was centrally located in the SL world (as alway accessible as Konoha, the former capital of the world).

And jut because there hasn't been an in-game war in a long time does not mean that there won't ever be one again; in-game rules are so much easier to comply with (did you PvP so and so and win? Ok then, you kill 'em, score one point) and practically the only way to really have a semi-drawn out war on this site between major powers.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 09:26:38 PM »

I guess you do not have a dog you have to walk at night...I use my flashlight all the time.

I kind of like the idea of the gardens thing that kage mentioned. NC being a board there. That is so very accessible without travel points.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 10:27:07 PM »

I'd say just make another board instead of losing Hoshi or Nin Central. That way there is no arguing and SL gets to still keep Hoshi and the land of Neutrals.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 11:11:29 PM »

I guess you do not have a dog you have to walk at night...I use my flashlight all the time.

I kind of like the idea of the gardens thing that kage mentioned. NC being a board there. That is so very accessible without travel points.

I don't actually. Been awhile since I've had a dog actually. That's probably for the best though, for the dog's sake. The flashlight, like Jisie, does have other uses other than neutrality, those uses just aren't being used right now.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 09:11:48 AM »

call me slow but i just had my first dk after the Uzu village was implemented and I see it is not a birth village.

What a pain that will be for people who want to rp in uzu but have to travel to fight sensei in their birth village. Was i under the mistaken belief that the whole point was to have Uzu be a birth village?

If that is not the case, then truly, how hard will it be to just create an rp board and call it Ame?

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »

call me slow but i just had my first dk after the Uzu village was implemented and I see it is not a birth village.

What a pain that will be for people who want to rp in uzu but have to travel to fight sensei in their birth village. Was i under the mistaken belief that the whole point was to have Uzu be a birth village?

If that is not the case, then truly, how hard will it be to just create an rp board and call it Ame?

What I find weird is that people are talking the dk req to get to Uzu but I see acads and genins posting there. So either the dk req does not apply anymore or people can post there via Ze Gypsy Tent. >.>

We don't really need it to be a birth village and it's not far (travel point wise).

Mei...you make me smile... The indentation indicates what Raifudo said...and the underline finishes that bit. while underneath that box are the lines that I have said...with my name at the header. SO while I quote Rai...and his words show with his name, my own comment is fixed at the bottom after his words. I shall color code, because I love that.

Quote from: KayentaMoenkopi on Today at 01:45:20 pm
-->Quote from: Raifudo, the Raifudo on Today at 05:12:57 am
-->Neji has to fix his quote system ASAP

And Kay, I think you misunderstood. This was the post (Shadow's) that 'confused' Raifudo.

TL;DR, please don't mess up my shops, I like leveling and sitting infinitely more than all this "rp".

My main concern is also the shops. I do both rp and leveling though.

Did you really post 'TL;DR, please don't mess up my shops, I like leveling and sitting infinitely more than all this "rp".'? No you did not.

Eric commented on it and said it was a joke. >.>

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 02:42:23 PM »

I did indeed miss that. But yes, when he edited the post he didn't delete far enough. that is funny.

For the longest time while the 50 DK village was still second Oto, the need to buy the map was unnecessary to go there. I believe that started happening when the Oto as a birth village was reintroduced. Not sure what happened there, but with the name change to Uzu it has stayed the same situation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 17 queries.