Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Should IC hunts be allowed to those who use the bijuu as a summon? (DISCUSSION)  (Read 3274 times)

Mei

• View Profile

This may be a silly question, but should IC hunts be allowed to those who use the bijuu as a summon? I would think not since I cannot imagine how one would be able to identify the summoner. o.o
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:42:30 AM by Ace »

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Should IC hunts be allowed to those who use the bijuu as a summon?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 06:15:00 AM »

Wouldn't this be a better question for after we decide on if IC hunts are to be a thing anymore at all or not.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 06:19:39 PM »

Well, consider this. We could create a mandatory sealing tattoo that has the chakra of the beast in it be the way the biju summoner summons the biju. The tattoo can be transferred between "masters", and if multiple biju are allowed, there can be multiple tattoos on a body.

Other than that, it would take quite the effort to find the host. but then again, the host is not always benefiting from the powers of the beast so that's a fairly fair trade-off.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 12:07:15 AM »

I am not a fan of summoning a beast but prefer the traditional hosted one per character style of ownership.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 01:39:41 AM »

I am not a fan of summoning a beast but prefer the traditional hosted one per character style of ownership.

That's not the question though. The question is whether IC hunts should be allowed for master-summon relationships (since they are an accepted way of being a beast champion).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile

If IC hunt is passed I see no reason why not. I mean of course more work will have to be put into it but it is not impossible to learn who the summoner is.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

Sorry. I must have missed the vote thread where summoning was approved.

But if that indeed is the rule, then it should be RP-able. It's a summons, after all, and part of the character's ability base.

Rusaku

• View Profile

If there are to be IC hunts, then I would agree with the Tattoo idea, that way we have a means to track them just as effectively as a host.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• View Profile

Next up watch people BS the tattoo as a mystic excuse for immunity against contract seals or having the beasts genjutsu dispelled.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 08:02:21 PM »

Well, consider this. We could create a mandatory sealing tattoo that has the chakra of the beast in it be the way the biju summoner summons the biju. The tattoo can be transferred between "masters", and if multiple biju are allowed, there can be multiple tattoos on a body.

Other than that, it would take quite the effort to find the host. but then again, the host is not always benefiting from the powers of the beast so that's a fairly fair trade-off.

I just can't picture this working. Mind elaborating for me a little bit more? I am still confused on how a mystical tattoo containing the beast chakra would allow *you* to sense the summoned, because by technically using this method, you're basically creating a jinchūriki.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 08:08:22 PM »

I just can't picture this working. Mind elaborating for me a little bit more? I am still confused on how a mystical tattoo containing the beast chakra would allow *you* to sense the summoned, because by technically using this method, you're basically creating a jinchūriki.

Not really, not that much of the beast's chakra is going to be in the tattoo. Just enough to create the summoning tattoo and maintain it, nothing more and nothing less. Because of the constant connection to the tailed beast, wherever it may be, it will emit a "signal" if you will that, while weaker than if the beaset itself were present in the host, is still present and detectable by sensors.

My character is not very specialized in seals and sealing tattoos, so someone with a little more expertise there can refine it, but the main point of the suggestion is that a little sensable (not sensible RPwise per say) quirk be used to allow summoners to still be identified as biju champions through sensory.

Asadi

• View Profile

Sounds good. We have a designated person to give them the tattoos? Or something along the lines?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 10:22:03 PM »

Not really, not that much of the beast's chakra is going to be in the tattoo. Just enough to create the summoning tattoo and maintain it, nothing more and nothing less. Because of the constant connection to the tailed beast, wherever it may be, it will emit a "signal" if you will that, while weaker than if the beaset itself were present in the host, is still present and detectable by sensors.

My character is not very specialized in seals and sealing tattoos, so someone with a little more expertise there can refine it, but the main point of the suggestion is that a little sensable (not sensible RPwise per say) quirk be used to allow summoners to still be identified as biju champions through sensory.

Here's the thing though, the connection between the summon and summoner isn't constant to say the least. This is why you need your chakra and at times, some sort of blood contract in order to call 'forth' your specific summon. When this is done from the perspective of bijū summoned, in accordance to the 'rules' that is in place, a negative buff is placed upon your character. This is why the whole concept just confused me in general. It would actually more sense if we look at this from a perspective of the anime and manga.

There wasn't really any way to 'sense' a bijū that was placed in a contract, the only logical way we could approach this is *literally* we should suspect the unsuspected.  That character hunting that specific bijū summoner is going to really going to put some work into it and actually obtain some knowledge about this 'bijū summoner' in order to make it work, but its like Kirk said, "It's not impossible to learn who the summoner is" It's just really, really hard to accomplish from an *IC* interaction.

Warren

• View Profile

...ohhohooo no, you do NOT get to play that card for summoners, not after how much you all have given hosts hell of insisting they be findable at all times no matter what.

If you demand that from hosts, then it will be demanded of summoners as well, that's simply how the thing known as balance goes.

Eric

• View Profile

...ohhohooo no, you do NOT get to play that card for summoners, not after how much you all have given hosts hell of insisting they be findable at all times no matter what.

If you demand that from hosts, then it will be demanded of summoners as well, that's simply how the thing known as balance goes.

Here here. I don't want hosts to become scarce and summoners to become rampant just because the champions can play harder to get as summoners.

Here's the thing though, the connection between the summon and summoner isn't constant to say the least. This is why you need your chakra and at times, some sort of blood contract in order to call 'forth' your specific summon. When this is done from the perspective of bijū summoned, in accordance to the 'rules' that is in place, a negative buff is placed upon your character. This is why the whole concept just confused me in general. It would actually more sense if we look at this from a perspective of the anime and manga.

There wasn't really any way to 'sense' a bijū that was placed in a contract, the only logical way we could approach this is *literally* we should suspect the unsuspected.  That character hunting that specific bijū summoner is going to really going to put some work into it and actually obtain some knowledge about this 'bijū summoner' in order to make it work, but its like Kirk said, "It's not impossible to learn who the summoner is" It's just really, really hard to accomplish from an *IC* interaction.

Even if the connection isn't constant, a "contract" requiring the chakra of the beast and the blood of the summoner in the form of a tattoo should still be sensable and detectable. I"m bouncing ideas here, but to put it shortly a summoning tattoo that has a sensable amount of biju chakra inside of it that the summoner champion has to wear at all times, and cannot suppress under any circumstances.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.