Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Hero's Guild: Thief Trouble  (Read 7957 times)

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
Hero's Guild: Thief Trouble
« on: December 12, 2015, 08:26:07 PM »

The young Nara would casually walk through Carne Village, his destination an antique shop. During his travel however, the raven haired man decided to check on his arrow supplies, making sure they were all good. So far his quiver held a total of 15 plain steel arrows. Looking towards his bow, he checked the string to make sure it was wound just right. He gave the string a few test tugs, remarking how much strength was needed for a quick draw and how fast he'd be able to do such a thing if he was notching arrows, even making the motion for such a task. 'That'll have to do for now.' He mentally mused to himself as he spotted the antique shop in the distance. He slung the bow around himself, to join with his quiver, and made sure it didn't hamper any of his movements as he covered the distance between him and the shop in another minute. Opening the door, he heard the small ring that brought his entrance to the old man's attention. His crimson hues rapidly surveyed the entirety of the shop, his pupils dancing from side to side, up and down, before landing on the only occupant, the aged owner standing behind the country. Surely the aged man would be relieved to see someone in the guild's attire walking through his shop, something that could only mean he would be receiving the help he had requested for. "Hello sir, I apologize for my lateness. My name is Jay Nara, and I'm here to help you with your thief problem you stated in your request." Jay walked up to the counter and gave the elder a bow of respect and a disarming smile.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:24:51 AM by JayJay »

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Hunter's Guild: Thief Trouble
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 01:22:55 AM »

As the bell went off, the old man's eyes would have locked onto the door. But the Guild's Armor did let him release a soft sigh of relief,"Thank the heavens..." He said beneath his breath. The man wore a long sleeved black shirt, with nice gray pants. His hair was a gray color and his brown eyes rested behind a round pair of glasses. He offered a smile to the Guild Member,"You're the one to fulfill my request? Thank you so much."
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 02:12:27 AM »

Jay smiled brightly as he nodded in affirmation. "That I am... So do you have any description of the thief and this particular item he stole?" He had a pretty good memory when it concerned important information, so he didn't think he would need a notepad for now.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 02:18:45 AM »

The man gave a gruff noise before nodding his head,"The thief had blonde hair, and was just a few inches shorter than you... He also seemed to wield two daggers. They had... Brown handles, with roses on the ends." For an old man, he had a great memory. He stroked his chin and then continued,"The item was a silver amulet, with a purple stone in the center. Although it is rumored to be an item drop from a monster, which grants the user a special ability, it is just a rumor. It has been in my family for many of generations now."

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 02:32:36 AM »

The exceptionally custom daggers was obviously the biggest part of this description. No matter what, no man threw away their weapons. Jay smiled as he listened to the man's words, quirking a brow at this supposed special ability. "What's this rumored special ability? He didn't want this thief to pull a fast one and bust out with some super power he wasn't prepared for. With this man's impressive memory, he should remember a story his father or grandfather told him concerning the amulet.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 02:39:49 AM »

The man gave the adventurer a skeptical look as he asked the question but would answer nonetheless,"It is said that, at one time, the necklace could grant it's wielder the power to become intangible. Letting them be the best thieves in the world, so my family protects the necklace." He sighed, obviously not believing the story,"It's so cheesy, even I didn't believe it as a kid. It looks worn down and like a piece of crap."

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 02:52:52 AM »

'Intangibility?' The Nara couldn't believe such an item was out there in the world and a thief was now in possession of such a thing. "Best thief indeed." He muttered under his breath as the smile softened a bit, Jay extended a hand towards the man. "Thank you for the small talk sir, I'll get your amulet back to you."

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 02:57:59 AM »

The man would bow his head to the man as he took his hand and gave his hand a firm shake,"Anything I can do to help. The best of luck to you, and thank you."

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 03:09:13 AM »

Jay smiled brightly and proceeded to make his way out of the small little antique shop. The bell would ring again, this time marking his exit. When the sun met his face, he lifted a hand to block the rays from harming his eyes. "Hmm, let's find us a thief." He mused to himself as he hopped onto the roof of the nearest building and made off towards a different part of this market district. If he had just gotten an amulet that allowed him that power of intangibility, he would continue to rob everybody as quick as he could. That time limit would be the key to outsmarting this thief. His target would eventually be the village's bank, if it already hadn't been hit.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 03:14:22 AM »

As if one cue, there would be a scream coming from somewhere in the market district,"Help! A ghost robbed my store!!!" Of course, such a statement seemed outrageous but the person was a middle aged woman coming out of her shop and flailing her arms wildly. People were looking at her funny but there was clearly true panic on her face,"Please, someone help me!"

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 03:29:43 AM »

The scream seemed to have come from behind him, which caused him to pivot on the next roof and push off towards the screaming woman. He did a semi dramatic flip in the air and landed a few yards away from the woman and covered the distance with a light jog. "Was this ghost, blonde, short and had a pair of rose daggers?" He spoke quickly, his eyes shooting all over the immediate area, his head would swival as he constantly searched for a mop of blonde hair in the gathering crowd the screaming woman had generated. He didn't want to alert his prey that he was being hunted and thus refrained from using any chakra to search for abnormal chakra levels amongst these civilians. One couldn't be too careful.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 03:37:05 AM »

Of course, as the man in the Guild's outfit showed himself, she ran towards him flailing. Though confusion crossed her face as she spoke, giving a nod of her head,"Y-yes! And this weird, glowing purple necklace!" The woman exclaimed in panic,"I thought I was dead for sure! He wore his daggers on his hips, it was intimidating! One second, he was coming towards me, and then the money in my cash register was gone, without leaving my eyes! And then he was gone! Just gone like the wind!" She shuddered, obviously scared out her wits.

Of course, at this point, a crowd of people had started to form a circle around the two of them, listening to the woman more clearly now that an adventurer had taken interest. Of course, there was a figure in the crowd that retreated the second the adventurer spoke the words about a short, blond haired, culprit. The person had their hood drawn up over their head to hide the details of their hair and face but the cloaked person would dart off quickly towards a nearby alleyway quickly. Depending on how well the archer's eyes were, the man may have caught the faintest of gleams from the silver necklace on the person's neck, ending in a ding and beat up amulet... With a purple stone.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 03:58:52 AM »

The Nara would faintly listen to the woman, his eyes carefully bouncing from person to person. As the woman mentioned a purple glow, his eyes would pass by a hooded individual. He would move his eyes to the next individual, before his eyes shot back only to notice he was gone. "Darn he's fast. I see him." He moved quickly and jumped over the crowd to land on the rooftop of the alley the cloaked thief ran into. His trained eyes locked onto the individual and gave chase from above.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 04:10:48 AM »

Deciding to take the rooftops was a smart idea on Jay's part, seeing as when the cloaked person was darting down the different back alleys, he seemed to throw a look over his shoulder to try and see if he was being followed. Of course, the thief thought that it was weird no one was behind them, their eyes going to the rooftops to catch sight of the figure in pursuit.

In an attempt to try and lose the man from the Guild, the person would take a sudden left turn down an alley, which had a way to escape to the person's right if they could make it, though they showed now signs of slowing down as they came towards the wall straight ahead of them.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 04:25:12 AM »

The Nara maneuvered his bow from his back and held it in his left hand. Before he could reach for the arrow the man took a sharp left and turned down another alley. He took would make a sharp pivot and continue tailing the man, jumping onto the roof of the opposite building. There was a dead end ahead of him and an exit to his right, but as if remembering about the Intangible ability of the amulet, he had a feeling he was going straight ahead.

He growled in his throat and pushed ahead with a burst of energy, aiming to clear the area, just as the thief would most likely shoot inside the building. Depending on whether the thief kept a linear path, the Nara would once again flip in mid air, this time twisting around and as he cleared the roof, he would pull an arrow from his quiver and notch it on his bow and await the thief. To make sure he didn't release the arrow prematurely he kept his senses on the thief's chakra signature. He would be 15 yards from the estimated exit of the building the thief would no doubt enter. He only hoped his estimations were correct as he pulled the string back in preparation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.