Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Iwa's Barrier  (Read 6267 times)

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Iwa's Barrier
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:04:50 AM »

Iwagakure's Kage, Miyuu hasn't logged on in 28 days as of 12/22/15...

The barrier that was placed by her won't let anyone in or out without the proper seal that she has. With this in mind, she can't possibly give it to the ninja of Iwagakure. So, they're stuck in a village with a leader that is stuck in time.

Would you, the folks of SL, mind if the people of Iwagakure deus ex machina them getting the seal so rp can continue in the village?

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Iwa's Barrier
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:18:47 AM »

Do it up
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 09:27:47 AM »

I believe that 'insta-kill' barriers are kind of silly, personally. Something like that should abide by the usual inactivity rules...But maintaining something like that across a whole village by one person at all times should be rather difficult, don't you think?
Regardless, is the barrier supposed to be hollow or solid? Considering what it does, it should be hollow (what if you accidentally drop your seal while inside? :( ) Just work a way through the initial screening process and you should be fine!
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »

Barrier Gate Five Seal Technique: Eight Gate Lock-up:

"but any being attempting to pass through in either direction will be destroyed by unquenchable flames."

Fūka Hōin - An advanced fūinjutsu that, upon utilization, absorbs any and all flame -- even extremely powerful fire such as the Amaterasu -- into its depths

So they have a fuinjutsu that can seal amaterasu the top level fire technique, but this barrier is all of a sudden untouchable? I don't think so.

Use Fuka Hoin on the barrier. Problem solved. :P

But in all seriousness that 'barrier' isn't even supposed to be allowed anywhere. Auto-voided if more people knew about it. So void it here if you want. It's BS.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:03:03 PM »

"but any being attempting to pass through in either direction will be destroyed by unquenchable flames."

Fūka Hōin - An advanced fūinjutsu that, upon utilization, absorbs any and all flame -- even extremely powerful fire such as the Amaterasu -- into its depths

So they have a fuinjutsu that can seal amaterasu the top level fire technique, but this barrier is all of a sudden untouchable? I don't think so.

But in all seriousness that 'barrier' isn't even supposed to be allowed anywhere. Auto-voided if more people knew about it. So void it here if you want. It's BS.

I Second that

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 06:24:24 PM »

I Second that

What they said

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »

I Second that

What they said

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 07:16:36 PM »

Iwagakure's Kage, Miyuu hasn't logged on in 28 days as of 12/22/15...

The barrier that was placed by her won't let anyone in or out without the proper seal that she has. With this in mind, she can't possibly give it to the ninja of Iwagakure. So, they're stuck in a village with a leader that is stuck in time.

Would you, the folks of SL, mind if the people of Iwagakure deus ex machina them getting the seal so rp can continue in the village?

Presumably Iwa wants to maintain this defense (since you said get the seal, not void it) so I would say no, I don't think anyone would mind if you acquire the seal. Of course, considering the commentary that has been spoken about here in this thread, I am going to have to assume that it would be considered GM by some anyways, and that some refinement may be necessary on the part of the uptakers.

As long as you don't take away her ability to get through it or even manipulate it, I don't think she would mind either.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 08:07:34 PM »

As for BS...it is no more BS that half the sealing techs and powers people claim.

As for living trapped forever, not happening. Something will be worked out. Not into RP locks and Miyuu did inform us of her leave of absence and left the village decision making up to the Iwa village leaders even to the point of replacing her as Kage should the need arrive. In no way did she intend for us to be stuck with anything in her absence.

not a fan of the all encompassing your RP is void tech, weapon, barrier, seal, stanky shoes...whatever. All things should come with flaws.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 08:27:07 PM »

Obviously the correct solution is to blow the village up and build a new one somewhere else.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 11:09:09 PM »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 04:33:05 AM »

Obviously the correct solution is to blow the village up and build a new one somewhere else.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 01:05:16 AM »

What if me or Bocc used the incineration technique to pass through the barrier? Fire can't catch on fire so would we just be able to pss through?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 01:08:16 AM »

What if me or Bocc used the incineration technique to pass through the barrier? Fire can't catch on fire so would we just be able to pss through?

That's a lie. Fire can catch on fire. Especially in Naruto. Amaterasu burns normal fire. :P
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 01:15:37 AM »

Lol yeaj but the barrier is not Amaterasu.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.