Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: KG's vs bijuu mastery  (Read 1669 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
KG's vs bijuu mastery
« on: January 07, 2016, 01:37:43 AM »

So as came up in the mastery voting thread, should KG's count or not, should forest and or IC ones count or not, if they do then which ones and how much, et cetera.

Discuss.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: KG's vs bijuu mastery
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 07:41:05 AM »

Well when I brought up "6 resets worth" and such I just meant whether you claim that through resets or just rp at an equivalent level. Resets was just an easy way to quantify it. I say no resets and just rp your stuff, it's definitely less strict nowadays than we used to be, so I'd be fine just getting rid of it. As long as you rp'd over a month or two getting your Rinnegan, Sage Mode, whatever, than go for it.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 01:20:01 AM »

That 'less strict' part is what brings us to the problem I pointed out at the discuss/vote though; nearly every single host has never done anything for it, they just wait it out. And that's not me being an ass, that's just the unfortunate truth.

So call me overly pessimistic if you wish, but if shortening the time was allowed like that I foresee it only ending up as an excuse for the same people to still do nothing, just for a shorter time now.

There may not be any real applicable fix to it either, outside of just banning it, or having somebody literally stalk them everywhere to see if they ever did RP anything regarding it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:45:30 AM »

Personally makes no difference to me since it is just a bureaucratic kind of thing. You can't fail or die trying to master more tails unless you choose to so it's like "Cross your T's dot your I's and rp once a month practicing to master your bijuu." There's no chance of failure so if, in the past, someone just claimed a tail a month or whatever method it made no difference to me.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 10:06:57 PM »

I Would prefer people earn things through RP. But how would a host acquire mastery without turning SL into some sort of RP patrol goon squad? The only thing we can prove is that time has passed from one day to the next.

Since becoming a host 2 weeks have gone by...so...a host has more than likely recovered from the sealing procedure and begun to access his beast's abilities to enhance his own....I say this cause after the grace period people jump into matches and use the beast.

To say that in 30 days they can access one tail, would keep them from manifesting a tail during their first matches, and essentially not have access to that until 2 weeks after their grace period is over.

Now check it out...for Shukaku that would mean mastery after one month? Shukaku is not a weak bijuu. Number of tails has not ranked them on a power scale with one tail being weak and 9 tails being the pinnacle of all power. It didn't work that way. The sage did not divide the 10 tails into a little bit for 1, a little bit more than that for 2, and the most chakra going to the 9. Near as I know he broke them into aspects each manifesting their own unique traits.

So...this quantifying mastery based on number of tails is kind of flawed to begin with.

I am not satisfied with any method I have seen so far. Including the ones I am about to suggest:

1] Time: every 30 days a host can claim another tail release until they gain mastery upon the manifestation of all their available tails.

2] Time with KG reduction: every 30 days a host can claim another tail release until they gain mastery upon the manifestation of all their available tails. For each KG a person has, forest fighting or claimed rank in rp, the time or mastery is reduced by one week.

3] Training RP Tail number specific: A host must make at least one training RP post per tail in order to obtain mastery of his beast.

4] Training without Tail number specific: A host must make a total of 10 RP training posts in order to obtain mastery.

• 0. Reibi: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.
  • 1. Shukaku: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers. First and only tail appears in 2nd training session, mastery in 10th.
  • 2. Matatabi: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.First tail appears in 2nd training session, second and last tail in 6th, mastery in 10th.
  • 3. Isobu: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.First tail appears in 2nd training session, second in 4th, third and last tail in 6th, mastery in 10th.
  • 4. Son Gokū: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.First tail appears in 2nd training session, second in 4th, third in 5th, fourth and last tail in 7th, mastery in 10th.
  • 5. Kokuō: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.First tail appears in 2nd training session, second in 3rd, third in 5th, fourth in 7th, fifth and last tail in 8th, mastery in 10th.
  • 6. Saiken: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.First tail appears in 2nd training session, second in 3rd, third in 5th, fourth in 7th, fifth in 8th, sixth and last tail in 9th, mastery in 10th.
  • 7. Chōmei: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.First tail appears in 2nd training session, second in 3rd, third in 4th, fourth in 5th, fifth in 7th , sixth in 8th, seventh and last tail in 9th, mastery in 10th.
  • 8. Gyūki: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.First tail appears in 2nd training session, second in 3rd, third in 4th, fourth in 5th, fifth in 6th, sixth in 7th, seventh in 8th, eight and last tail in 9th, mastery in 10th.
  • 9. Kurama: to contain 10 successive stages of power available and increased area of effect of powers.First tail appears in 2nd training session, second in 3rd, third in 4th, fourth in 5th, fifth in 6th, sixth in 7th, seventh in 8th, eight in 9th, ninth and last tail in 10th, mastery in 10th.
5] Set Time to Mastery: After 10 weeks a host has obtained mastery. At which point he manifests an additional tail is up to him provided he does not skip a tail manifestation step.

As you can see. We can make this as complicated or as simple as we wish. What is our goal here?

I see that as some means of keeping a new host from claiming automatic mastery at the same level that a host who has had his beast for a long time would do. Why? It's just basically insulting for someone to walk in and begin a game at maxed out everything when you have been here putting in the time and doing the duty forever. Time and effort should count for something.

Ok and here is another thought concerning mastery. Do you ever stop learning? Is there a hard cap to the pinnacle of your abilities. I have mastered my sword, you have mastered your sword...who is gonna be better? The one who RP'd the longest and has the most experience.

And here is another thing. Every one is going to be different no matter what rules we apply. how long did Gaara spend mastering his bijuu? he didn't. he was born with it, basically, and just always did stuff. Or rather, it did stuff due to his lack of control and the whole mommy is watching thing. It was motivated to act in his behalf. While Naruto was also basically born with it, his was sealed and he is an idiot. We never got a good look at how all the other Jinks used theirs save maybe Yugito, who at age 2 was sealed and was listed as the only one who could manifest a perfect form.

So can anyone truly master the bijuu? Especially at the late adult ages that our hosts will be getting them?

It's never going to make RP sense. We just have to bite that bullet and figure something out that is fair. For the host of the one tails to have mastery sooner is NOT fair. Counting tails just won't work in my book. Trying to apply KGs is also something I feel is silly. Only one or two apply anyway? Well what host is NOT gonna claim those? SO why bother with that at all?

Let's look at the manga again. Uchiha having power over the Bijuu was as well as the Senju was only added later on in the manga, while The Fourth having power over them...well he was neither clan. Basically everyone descends from the sage anyway...so potentially these so called latent powers reside in us all. The manga is seriously flawed for this nit picky communittee and I feel KG perks should just be canned. You have a perk, you have a KG to use, it doens't have to clean your house, wash your dishes and make your bed too.

I vote for 10 weeks [or whatever time frame] to mastery regardless of bijuu or host KGs. just say this is the process and be done with it. However it works out, it takes this long. Let the hosts RP their own routes...or sit on their butts and do nothing just claim it all after that fact as usual. Personal preferences are thus served.

Note to Bocchiere: I never claim success when i am training. Why bother with that? If I can already do it first time out? It's not training if I am already good at it. I show my character working, failing, growing, struggling, mastering. It's a process, not a given.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 06:24:17 AM »

Well, why bother? If the biju do not really generate RP, even their own RP, and the hosts aren't going to be policed into RPing it, then why bother trying to do more than just have a set time for tail mastery or just not having time limits at all.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 07:00:29 AM »

So would they just have no abilities the whole time and after 10 weeks have them all?

Could we perhaps give general examples and say after three weeks you can access 25% power, six weeks 50%, 9 weeks 75% and on the 10th week the remaining 25. But then how does that work for the 1 tails? Should we just agree all bijuu grant the same amount of chakra and you can only use their abilities on something we would describe as C, B, A and S rank levels as you gain more powers?

I mean we could just go through each bijuu and make rules for their levels of power.

25% Power Shukaku: Regain up to a quarter of your chakra pool, can manipulate sand at the C rank level (form simple weapons, walls and grabbing attacks).

50% Power Shukaku: Regain half your chakra, can manipulate sand at the B rank level (Can perform Sand Coffin, Sand Burial, and Sand clone).

75% Power Shukaku: You get the idea.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 12:09:41 AM »

Well I do not believe that the bijuu are all that different into potential power scale.

It would be interesting to see some sort of scale made out though. I think Eric one time listed what each bijuu's unique powers were. And I thought to have a description of abilities in an introduction to the bijuu rules was a good idea.

However, I would not wish to define things too strictly in the interest of permitting each host to have a wide range of creativity.

Page created in 8.045 seconds with 16 queries.