Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GM Ability  (Read 3764 times)

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
GM Ability
« on: March 07, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »

I was wondering if it were possible to grant GMs the ability to use our power even while dead. I've had the unfortunate event of being dead while certain rp's are going on in village, but not the ability to assist in the capacity as a gm while being stuck in the graveyard.

Is this possible?

Becquerel

• View Profile
Re: GM Ability
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:18:35 PM »

I would second this, but I don't know if such a thing is in place. It shouldn't be much harder than a gypsy-tent-like thingy that we could go to. Lately, I haven't been dead too much though so it's not too much of an issue for me. Though, when it does happen, it's a bit annoying.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »

Makes sense to me! =)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 12:56:40 PM »

Yes. that would be great.
Being on the other end of this issue, so we can't do a thing till the new day cause the GM is dead?
AUK!

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:44 PM »

In the meantime, the GM could avoid forest fighting or anything else that might risk death while in the middle of a lengthy RP.  8)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 05:52:16 PM »

Eric stole my line.

I had suggested that certain things be accessible while you were dead in a post a long time ago.

Hopefully now that more people see the need for it we can still post in rps while dead.
We want to have our cake and eat it too please. <3
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 11:39:59 PM »

Oh this would be super helpful!
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Yomi

• Agony's Embrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 02:43:14 AM »

This can help. I'm giving my two thumbs up for this.

I'm a straight up villain.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 03:54:28 AM »

I'll beta test this. >>

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 12:42:13 AM »

I concur with this idea.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 10:58:54 PM »

You can still scry and use GM... I would have to make you either resurrectable or... ? =/ would not know how else to solve.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Kite

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 01:55:45 AM »

Could you make something similar to the gypsy tent available and free to use for GM/staff accounts from the shades?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 06:06:19 AM »

Could you make something similar to the gypsy tent available and free to use for GM/staff accounts from the shades?

If such passes for the gm approved select I can assure you that others will want this power as well who are not gm. They will nag and nag until it happens and ruin the whole point of the shades. Sure their ff may not be granted but still the shades hold tradition value to me, at least, as to be against the idea.

I'm sorry if I'm 'that' negitive person but to me the shades are one of those old places that died off and I feel should be honored to remain left as is. Like the gardens. To me they just don't hold the same factor they use yo in the game when rp wasn't so mainstream.

I know, I know, get with the times. I just hold to much sentimental value for the place to agree to liking the idea. Of course if it happens there isn't anything I can do about it.

I'm just saying you go the shades rp there then. People use to do siuch and even die to go use those zones.

I'd prefer another route be taken... Like perhaps the GameMasters having acsd alts gifted with their gm abilities? So they can simply log onto the other account?

To me that idea fixes more than simply that one prob. What if navs break? I guess they can break for gm as well and have to be fixed by higher staff... They could use the alt account until navs are fixed.

Kite

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 11:08:44 AM »

If such passes for the gm approved select I can assure you that others will want this power as well who are not gm. They will nag and nag until it happens and ruin the whole point of the shades. Sure their ff may not be granted but still the shades hold tradition value to me, at least, as to be against the idea.

I'm sorry if I'm 'that' negitive person but to me the shades are one of those old places that died off and I feel should be honored to remain left as is. Like the gardens. To me they just don't hold the same factor they use yo in the game when rp wasn't so mainstream.

I know, I know, get with the times. I just hold to much sentimental value for the place to agree to liking the idea. Of course if it happens there isn't anything I can do about it.

I'm just saying you go the shades rp there then. People use to do siuch and even die to go use those zones.

I'd prefer another route be taken... Like perhaps the GameMasters having acsd alts gifted with their gm abilities? So they can simply log onto the other account?

To me that idea fixes more than simply that one prob. What if navs break? I guess they can break for gm as well and have to be fixed by higher staff... They could use the alt account until navs are fixed.

I don't think that the Shades should be changed either. Not for non-staff players. Sure like you said some people may complain that they should have access to it as well but ultimately it would come down to telling them no because, simply put, they are not staff members. Yes they may be hosting an event of their own but there are certain perks that being a staff member will give you over non-staff members.

For example GMs have the ability to use that special posting thingy that they do. Other players do not (at least I think. If regular players can do it then I don't know how to do it and I am the one that needs to get with the times ._.). It's not like a ton of people are kicking down the door to have the special post power.

As for having alt staff accounts, I'm personally not a big fan of this just because I don't think that many accounts should be flagged as staff unless they are actually required. But that's just my opinion on that and it is of course the big guys in charge who can talk that one out.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 09:29:21 AM »

I have no problem in staff members having abilities that non-staff members do not possess in the interest of better performing their duties, such as entering clan halls to mediate situations or contribute to RP in some manner, or whatever staff need might crop up at the time. Nor does the ability to show up inside any dwelling alarm me either. True, this is more a moderator sort of staff member feature and not one that GM's get access to, but it is in the same line...A GM whose task is to stimulate rp cannot best perform their duties while in the shades unless...they are inspiring RP in the shades of course...lol

Shades rp is quite enjoyable, some of the best zone fights were conducted there. It would be nice to have some unrestful spirits to engage when dead...it provides another rp/social option while dead other than haunting your own clan halls.

However...if a GM is doing rp things in the world of the living and dies then they are unable to continue until the new day...which may no longer be a convenient time or the GM or the members of the rp scenario.

If it was set up as a scrying situation, as Kite mentioned, it would not provoke extra foresting turns as a resurrection ability might. SO I see nothing wrong with staff having access to abilities that non-staff members do not possess, as proposed here in this instance.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.