Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: If you could change one thing about SL.  (Read 5349 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
If you could change one thing about SL.
« on: March 17, 2016, 01:37:10 AM »

So, if you could change one thing about SL to make it better in your opinion, what would that be? Or, if you don't want to replace anything, would you be able to add or remove something to make it better?

Mind you, this does not need to be just RP related. This includes all aspects of SL :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:46:20 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: If you could change one thing about SL.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 01:49:58 AM »

Annual/biannual/whatever staff member elections. Other than neji and perhaps a core group staff should held accountable to the community. Right now for a staff to get in trouble they need to do something so painstakingly obvious that it is visible from space like the Great Wall, and I don't know if a staff member has ever been removed for anything other than inactivity.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 02:31:11 AM »

I wouldn't mind spending money that we donate to perhaps advertise the game. :P On say DevaintART or some other fantasy story site. On Proboards or the likes.

Nor would I mind some new staff members. Alas Neji and Ace have both stated their opinions on that matter. Not gonna happen. We don't need more mods. The mod to member ratio is already over saturated even if you count the inactive mods as, inactive.

As well I wouldn't mind getting some PhP devs in to 'upgrade' SL and make it better. There's quite a few cosmetics changes that could be done and corrected. Wouldn't mind extra stuff to be added.

But that's where I see the problem. Our player base is very seclusive as is everything else about SL. 2007 was a bloody good year. I've talked to Neji about maybe 'expanding' the game. To not include just Naruto/Bleach related things, but all anime. However that requires development. Something Neji can't and won't do alone. No one else knows/wants to help dev though so no dice.

That's my take on it. :P
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 04:46:16 AM »

Mind you, this is all my opinion that I'm about to post. That's all :)

I wouldn't mind spending money that we donate to perhaps advertise the game. :P On say DevaintART or some other fantasy story site. On Proboards or the likes.

Nor would I mind some new staff members. Alas Neji and Ace have both stated their opinions on that matter. Not gonna happen. We don't need more mods. The mod to member ratio is already over saturated even if you count the inactive mods as, inactive.

As well I wouldn't mind getting some PhP devs in to 'upgrade' SL and make it better. There's quite a few cosmetics changes that could be done and corrected. Wouldn't mind extra stuff to be added.

But that's where I see the problem. Our player base is very seclusive as is everything else about SL. 2007 was a bloody good year. I've talked to Neji about maybe 'expanding' the game. To not include just Naruto/Bleach related things, but all anime. However that requires development. Something Neji can't and won't do alone. No one else knows/wants to help dev though so no dice.

That's my take on it. :P

Advertising is probably pretty expensive. I try to help out by recommending this game to anyone I meet that's interested in Naruto Games/RP games...But having something like an advertisement on deviantart or another RP-ish site might help increase traffic.

But it would be nice to bring this game up to a modern time, but there's only so much you can do with a browser-based game like this (I think). Not only that, but Neji works full time and I'm sure it's hard for him to devote time for this...Perhaps if we chip in, he could hire a coder to do some of the stuff he has on the backburner? I know he said that he had a lot planned, and I have noticed changes from when I first joined (some new enemies in the forests) so he has been working on it bit by bit. But, an update would be nice :)

Also, I don't know if this is possible, but I know that there's a LoB site as well...But what if he was able to consolidate the two sites and gives you the option to move from one to the other seamlessly by clicking on it? Basically, it would change the whole 'theme' at the click of a button. As for bringing other Anime/Manga into the game, I believe it would be difficult to do considering how some of the members feel about non-Naruto related RP.

And as for voting for staff...While I think that would be a good idea, I think it'd be hard to put into practice because it's a bit difficult for the community to come together because many don't even use the forums (or even care about the RP community). Maybe it'd be possible, but there would probably need to be tests before-hand. And of course, even if someone if voted, it would still be up to Neji (and the other staff) to decide.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:23:08 AM by Becquerel »

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 03:16:46 AM »

If I could, I would introduce a Clan Wars aspect in-game. For the most part, clans are mostly functional in an OOC, out of gameplay fashion. How to implement that is beyond me at the moment, since the closest thing that comes to what I'm talking about that we have already is the dusty Village War system.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 04:07:50 AM »

If I could, I would introduce a Clan Wars aspect in-game. For the most part, clans are mostly functional in an OOC, out of gameplay fashion. How to implement that is beyond me at the moment, since the closest thing that comes to what I'm talking about that we have already is the dusty Village War system.

This would be outstanding if possible. Would love to put Akatsuki against the villages in a formal manner after some RP buildup.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 05:06:02 AM »

That would be pretty cool as well. It would be nice to actually have a reason for the Village alliances/enemies part of the game other than in RP purposes. I feel like the current setup is a bit outdated because I think it had to do back when there was a village war done based on PvP.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 05:43:12 AM »

This would be outstanding if possible. Would love to put Akatsuki against the villages in a formal manner after some RP buildup.

This and I would love the gem coffers to come back into play. (With some restrictions, course.)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 06:17:07 PM »

I pondered about the Mod/Gm stuff too.

Mostly I am fairly in the  "backoffice", if you will, so not that up front with the developments on RL and other stuff in the game community.
So it's hard to pick / maintain Mods and GMs that are actually well-liked or seen as natural choices.

As you might have seen, the GM stuff is something I try to give to the players, too.
Those who RP value it greatly, and only in public places I think it's OK to have a larger restriction.

So.... many of the mods in the game I know from ages ago, and deem them fit for the duty. =)
I have not had a lot of petitions (close to 0) about one being out of line.
Some mails I get, but in 100% of these cases I either talk to the GM/Mod or (if the case is pretty much clear) ask them to re-evaluate their actions in the least.

But, there are many (small + not so small) things that can be changed :)

(atm I am just hoping to get the timeout as large as possible without "freezing" the server for an hour)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 08:09:16 PM »

This is a little petty and I literally am the worst ever at coding and computers so I don't even know how it would be fixed, but I often find myself messaging people who are actually long gone because they still appear online, and then I end up waiting to log out in hopes that they're going to read it and reply at some point.

Is there anything that could be done about this? Like an AFK marker somewhere? I love the extended timeout (seriously thank you) but I just constantly feel like a doofus when I wait and wait and wait for a reply or continuously refresh my outbox only to find they probably "logged off" 30-40 minutes ago  :P
Not a huge issue, just a thought I had.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:09:44 PM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 05:42:42 PM »

Perhaps more things to do with gold, gems, and DP.
Like if there were a village bank to put stuff in. and after every bench mark tier is reached every village nin gets some temp bonus. who knows, free kunai on the new day.  It could have individual rewards and then every so often a collective village reward.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 12:00:18 AM »

That would be a pretty cool idea. I know I just spend my gold on a headband, but, if I sat or maxed out my resets, I don't know what I'd spend my gold/gems on. DP I hardly ever use as well lol

Speaking of individualized things, I know there was a topic where Gyu~ru~ru mentioned each race having their own specialized traits. Like, Suna getting puppets or Oto getting sound-based stuff...Maybe if such a thing was possible, it could increase in strength similarly to how some KGs get boosted as you get more Oro Kills? Or, they could be special shops that you can only get access to if you stay as that race. If you switch race, you could end up losing it all and starting back at square one (this would kind of make race a little more important than just a stat buff but would probably need double-confirmation to prevent losing stuff over a miss-click).

I think I would also like a kind of change-log that Neji could put out that would display all/some of his stuff he has planned for the game. That way, as he works on it (or gets someone else to work on it), he could tick off the block or let us know what % it's at regarding completion.

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 09:36:28 AM »

For Bec to have hair~

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 12:11:51 PM »

Asadi, Neji's a coder, not a miracle worker.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 09:52:04 PM »

"Legend of Raifudo" as the name :3

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.