Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stripping Ryoji of the 2 and 0 Tails  (Read 6658 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Stripping Ryoji of the 2 and 0 Tails
« on: May 25, 2016, 06:57:41 AM »

Ryoji has seemingly said that he has not posted IC within the 14 day period required by the rules that he agreed to follow. The consequence for this is stripping of the bijuu. For the sake of being official this topic is made to confirm whether the above statement is true or not.

I'm his pending challenger for both bijuu, if he hasn't been following the rules than I would like him to be stripped.

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Stripping Ryoji of the 2 and 0 Tails
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:34:15 AM »

Yup. I have not posted in two weeks because I sold the Ryoji account. I honestly just want out of this cancerous game, but I was attempting to have my things go to someone other than the anitchrist and let them deal with his shit. (Ban me ace, I honestly don't care. You know what I sent you about Bocc's bullshit and exactly what I planned to do if he kept it up.)

Of this generation of jinks, I am the longest running holder of beasts next to warren. I have participated in 80% of the forums beast fights with little to no issue save for interactions with Bocc. (surprised, right?) I was willing to defend the beasts against anyone who challenged me despite my leaving, because I was obligated too. Not because I wanted too. I was literally about to make the topic to fight Bocc for the two tails when I saw this thread go up, and now that T'challa is at the end of the line I would make a topic for Taiga all the same. Yet here we are trying to strip me because of my posting. Sure, I did't post. I'll be the first one to admit it, but I'd be willing to beat my meat like it owed me money in the middle of whatever zone with an acad if it meant not letting this kid get the beasts without actually earning them. As I said before, worse things have been let slide when it comes to Biju. Give me a warning, I'll graciously thank the community for allowing my mistake to slide as long as I have learned my lesson and we can begin the fights that were scheduled.

Or I can get stripped and finally leave this god forsaken game. I'll curse this sites very existence as long as I know Bocc has the Zero tails, but I'll be happy. I just got engaged tonight to the woman I love, and I won't let my day be ruined by some stupid drama shit. Do with it as you will, but I'll be sitting over here on my throne of fallen Jinks waiting for bocc to fight me. If he decides the only way he can beat Ryoji is through stripping him, thats on his ego, not mine. Peace.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 07:45:07 AM »

Well congratulations on your engagement first of all, that is awesome.

I'd like to say this topic is basically concluded then, the rule was broken the consequence is stripping. It's been understood before that when the reason for the strip is something that can't be argued, like inactivity, the topic is more of a formality. You're either inactive or you're not, there's really nothing to discuss about it.

I'm not one for leniency when the rule broken is something as easy to follow as this one. I mean look at zone 4, I just post "I'm here ic doing a thing so anyone who wants to come get me ic can." It says make a post every 14 days, not a good post. Obviously if anyone engaged me id reply with more detail but that's neither here nor there.

Following the rule was a matter of 15 seconds of your time that you knowingly chose to not give. Done deal in my eyes.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:22:25 AM by Bocchiere »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 07:53:07 AM »

Well you can't make a motion, 2nd it, then declare the motion concluded without the input of the community whatsoever. That's called a dictatorship, not a democracy like this site likes to consider itself. Leave this up for a week or something and see if anyone cares enough to post something in one way or another. If not, then dope the beasts are yours without having to lift a finger.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 07:57:49 AM »

We came together to make the set of rules that I am calling on now. And there's nothing in them about pleading for mercy. You broke the rule and that rule says you are stripped. That's not up for discussion. You're not going to have broken the rule any less a week from now. I made the topic to make the strip official and it was once you admitted to breaking the rule.

The only thing left up in the air, if you can call it that, is where the bijuu go, but as pending challenger for them both the precedence would be they go to me.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 08:00:07 AM »

Whatever dude.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »

Well I will be honest, I don't know anything about the Bijuu rules. Never really tickled my fancy to get caught up in that nonsense. So this comes from someone that is completely neutral and has no desire for said beasts.

If the rules have been violated and those who are currently in fights for the Bijuu or are waiting for fights want to recite those rules then fine. However for you to say you get both of them just because you are the next challenger seems extremely self serving, especially since you are the one bringing up the rules. So if Rusaku has no qualms about forfeiting the beasts due to a technicality then we can strip him of the beasts and then begin discussion on how we are going to distribute them. Just saying they go to you is jumping the gun and really isn't going to fly unless more people weigh in on that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 01:21:33 PM »

...Or I can get stripped and finally leave this god forsaken game...

Leaving the game seems even more difficult than joining it. I too speak from experience.  :twisted:

We came together to make the set of rules that I am calling on now. And there's nothing in them about pleading for mercy. You broke the rule and that rule says you are stripped. That's not up for discussion. You're not going to have broken the rule any less a week from now. I made the topic to make the strip official and it was once you admitted to breaking the rule.

The only thing left up in the air, if you can call it that, is where the bijuu go, but as pending challenger for them both the precedence would be they go to me.

And there is nothing in them about non-Council members enforcing the rules, but here we are since nobody wants to go ahead and get the elections out of the way, despite the fact that there are 6 candidates and 5 positions.  ;)

Since Rusaku is currently in a biju fight with Athos, if he were to be stripped of BOTH of them, then Athos would certainly get the one that he is fighting for right now. You might get the 0 tails or you would have to fight whoever the current challenger was, but you definitely would not be awarded the 2-tails under any currently known circumstances. In the cases of stripping, unless the current challenger is invalidated, they are the ones who would receive the beast, not the next in line. That is precedent.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »

Rusaku is currently challenging Athos for his 6 Tails. None of his bijuu are on the line in that fight. So no it wouldn't make any sense for Athos to get one of them.

"In the cases of stripping, unless the current challenger is invalidated, they are the ones who would receive the beast, not the next in line. That is precedent."

And that is me, for both the 2 and 0, thank you for agreeing with me. I said in my last post the only thing left to decide is where the bijuu go, I just don't think there needs to be much of a discussion since, as you just said, the precedence is that they would go to the current challenger, me.

Is it super great that I get them both? Hell yeah. But that doesn't make it any less the legitimate decision.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 01:48:54 AM »

Rusaku is currently challenging Athos for his 6 Tails. None of his bijuu are on the line in that fight. So no it wouldn't make any sense for Athos to get one of them.

"In the cases of stripping, unless the current challenger is invalidated, they are the ones who would receive the beast, not the next in line. That is precedent."

And that is me, for both the 2 and 0, thank you for agreeing with me. I said in my last post the only thing left to decide is where the bijuu go, I just don't think there needs to be much of a discussion since, as you just said, the precedence is that they would go to the current challenger, me.

Is it super great that I get them both? Hell yeah. But that doesn't make it any less the legitimate decision.

You're really the current challenger for both?  :-? And two hosts are duking it and both beasts aren't on the line?

I really have been in Empty Town too long.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 01:53:28 AM »

You're really the current challenger for both?  :-? And two hosts are duking it and both beasts aren't on the line?

I really have been in Empty Town too long.

Yes. For reals. Neither fight has started yet but I challenged for the two tails with bocch and the zero tails with saejima. Ryoji put up the yata mirror and kusanagi instead of his bijuu in the fight with athos. Unless anyone can explain why I shouldn't get them then I'd like to just claim them and actually end a bijuu related matter in under a week for the first time in 5 years.  :P

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 01:40:52 PM »

So, I'm wrong on the 2-tails, that was not up for grabs in Athos' fight, and since his challenger list up here is not updated the other thread is the only reference I have for who was in line. The only thing that would delay a stripping under the new rules is the lack of a Council (to soon be rectified) which is the only body given the authority to officially do that under the new rules.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 05:56:05 PM »

So, I'm wrong on the 2-tails, that was not up for grabs in Athos' fight, and since his challenger list up here is not updated the other thread is the only reference I have for who was in line. The only thing that would delay a stripping under the new rules is the lack of a Council (to soon be rectified) which is the only body given the authority to officially do that under the new rules.

Alright I'l make sure to god mod super hard in all my fights since there's no way we can enforce the rules right now. << Imma claim the two bijuu.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 06:05:35 PM »

The rules are the only tool we have to work with at this time. No one has made any complaints about them. SO I feel they should be enforced.

Activity Clause...

3] Activity Clause
  • Participants must commit to activity.
  • Hosts must make an RP post in public once every 14 days while not engaged in an active challenge.
  • Hosts who do not make an RP post, while not engaged in an active challenge, once every 14 days will have their bijuu stripped by the council.
  • During a match, hosts and challengers must make a post to the RP once every 7 days.
  • A Host or Challenger who fails to make a post to the RP match once every 7 days, without posting a notice of absence to the forum host thread in question, will forfeit the match. During this forfeit, the bijuu will either remain with the host, in the event of challenger inactivity, or be transferred to the challenger, in the event of host inactivity.
  • Cool down periods are an optional break from back to back fighting in order to permit the host to heal and train with his beast. As such, a cool down period can only be announced after the successful conclusion of a match, and is not intended to serve as a general leave of absence. Should a host opt to take a cool down period, this may last no more than 7 days and must be announced with dates of duration to the host's forum thread for each beast that player may host. A cool down period from one beast a player hosts cannot be applied as a cool down period for all beasts under his control but must be bijuu specific.
  • The purpose of making a notification of absence post is to permit life to happen without wrecking your participation in the bijuu activity, while making it clear that there will be punishments for those who abuse this leave of absence, like forfeit of match, loss of biju, and bans pending a review by the council.
  • Extenuating circumstances during an active match: Here the activity clause is 7 days, in order to keep the fight moving along to a conclusion. Posting for a leave of absence is essential to holding your slot in the match. Should this not be possible, the council will determine how to handle the situation at the time of your return upon request dependent upon a challenger waiting list, if the beast has already been transferred, or how it impacts current RP. All decisions of the council will be binding.
  • Extenuating circumstances during the 'idle phase' of a host: Most events occur so as to permit making a post at some time during your 14 days to alert the community that 'something' is going on. Your leave of absence notice will reset the clock to a 14 day absence max. Should you need more time than that...which adds up to possibly a whole month if your notice occurs on day 14...then you will step down as a host and try again later when your life will permit participation again. You will not be banned from challenging someone for another bijuu. But the SL community will be permitted to move on. The council will handle requests for concessions on a case by case basis and their decision will be binding.

It is laid out pretty clear. We either start using them or just forget the whole thing. There certainly has been ample time to object to each and every item listed here.

The most basic complaint is inactivity.

Cut and dry in my book. The bijuu go to the current challenger.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 12:47:18 AM »

Cut and dry in my book. The bijuu go to the current challenger.

A Host or Challenger who fails to make a post to the RP match once every 7 days, without posting a notice of absence to the forum host thread in question, will forfeit the match. During this forfeit, the bijuu will either remain with the host, in the event of challenger inactivity, or be transferred to the challenger, in the event of host inactivity.

That's about as cut and dry as pepperjack.  My meaning will be clear as I go on:

Both Rusaku and his challenger cannot, by definition, both be punished at the same time for the same crime of inactivity. Let me emphasize:

A Host or Challenger who fails to make a post to the RP match once every 7 days, without posting a notice of absence to the forum host thread in question, will forfeit the match. During this forfeit, the bijuu will either remain with the host, in the event of challenger inactivity, or be transferred to the challenger, in the event of host inactivity.

If they are BOTH inactive during this time period, then it is not only up to the Council to make a call on that, but there is no clearly written out protocol to follow regarding that.

But wait, the fight hasn't even started yet Eric! The above is therefore irrevelent.

Well sure, but then we're back to this:

Hosts who do not make an RP post, while not engaged in an active challenge, once every 14 days will have their bijuu stripped by the council.

Which does not exist yet as an entity.

Extenuating circumstances during an active match: Here the activity clause is 7 days, in order to keep the fight moving along to a conclusion. Posting for a leave of absence is essential to holding your slot in the match. Should this not be possible, the council will determine how to handle the situation at the time of your return upon request dependent upon a challenger waiting list, if the beast has already been transferred, or how it impacts current RP. All decisions of the council will be binding.

A leave of absence not given prior would still be handled by the Council under "extra" circumstances. Again, the Council does not exist yet, and what has already been bluntly thrown at me, the old principle of community rulings is as dead as the old rules. Rusaku cannot officially be stripped of his tailed beast for this reason until the Council is created.

What about the challenger list? Read those biju rules again, carefully, and notice that enforcement of the rules is either left to the Council or outright omitted for one reason or another. You can say the rules imply one thing or another, but that's different than the rules saying it.

Claim the beasts all you want Bocc, but it's not official yet as far as I am concerned, which may or may not matter to you at this stage.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.