Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Who do you back for Biju Council?

Silver Moonfire
- 6 (12.2%)
Eric
- 12 (24.5%)
Chinote
- 7 (14.3%)
Genesis
- 6 (12.2%)
Jay
- 9 (18.4%)
Hades
- 9 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: June 05, 2016, 01:42:31 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Biju Council Elections #1  (Read 6341 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Biju Council Elections #1
« on: May 26, 2016, 01:42:31 AM »

I would have posted this in the biju discussions, but since there are sometimes issues with new posts showing, I'm just going to make it here. Plus I said I would make it in village square. ^_^

The five candidates are listed. All you need to do is vote one that you want to back; since there are 5 positions, then only one of these lucky fellas (and gal maybe?) is going to get booted off the island. The candidate with the least votes wins da boot; in the case of ties, another poll with them squaring off will be had, and if another tie, another tiebreaking poll, and so on until we get that one person eliminated. We can do this for 2 months (60 days, each poll being 10 days) if we have to.  8)

The voting starts 5/25, and will end 6/4 (if I did my math right) so get all your people out in droves to vote!

Candidates, you might as well vote for yourselves, but there is no restriction nor obligation in that regard. Keep the thread clean and no trash talk; seriously, only one person has got to go.

Oh, and if you don't like any of the candidates already listed? Wait till next election I guess. Candidates, if even one of you drops out then this vote is pretty decided. If more than one drops out then, well, we'll cross that bridge if we get there.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
Re: Biju Council Elections #1
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:32:47 AM »

You should probably remove the "poll" itself.
Since the smf forum allows only for one vote, clearly voting will be bias with 5 positions open.

You should make people post their top five choices instead of making them choose there top one...defeats the purpose of have 5 open positions. :P

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:50:27 AM »

Well, in the end, won't this achieve the same thing? You're basically voting for whoever you don't want to be eliminated right now, so I don't know that it'll make too much of a difference. I mean unless everyone just votes for one person. I guess this is a kind of roundabout way of doing it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 05:52:27 AM »

You should probably remove the "poll" itself.
Since the smf forum allows only for one vote, clearly voting will be bias with 5 positions open.

You should make people post their top five choices instead of making them choose there top one...defeats the purpose of have 5 open positions. :P

We can have both.  8) I'll reset the votes to reflect the change.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 06:04:39 AM »

Ahh, you found out the way to check off more than one.
I'm losing my touch. :P

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 06:36:35 AM »

Voters should consider a number of things when making their choices. Activity being the biggest factor. Is the candidate biased? Do you, the voter, believe the individual is capable of enforcing the rules in all fairness? How chill is the candidate, cause we don't need anybody blowing their lids in the middle of a debate.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »

Silver Moonfire
No for me.

I haven't seen her in any previous bijuu topics. I don't see her on the forums at all. I have no real pro for her in this election since she hasn't poked around enough for me to get a feel for her. Is she fair and unbiased? Others seem to think so. I guess I'd have to put my faith in their word... But like I said she has no previous experience with bijuu matters. I don't even know if she knows a lot about SL rp mechanics.

Eric
Yes for me. Not a single debate I can think of where he was MIA. He's always here to give his thoughts on matters. He knows his way around here and has been around a long long time. Previous bijuu nonetheless.

Chinote
Same as Moonfire. Does he even have a forum account? I can't vote yes for someone based on their unbiased and fair opinions. They need a background in bijuu matters for myself to even consider them. No.

Genesis
Yes. He takes part in bijuu matters and has had a bijuu or two. Been super active and still continues to be on SL. Clear knowledge of SL and how it works.

Jay
Yes/maybe? Jay to me is a silent watcher I'd like to think. He has a good grip on RP and loves doing it. He's posted in discussions we've had before and has been in close company with a few on this list and many off the list that have been in bijuu matters. While I think it'd do well to post more. My opinion is he isn't ignorant despite his lack of (to me) of posting.

Hades
Concern of his activity. (He's currently abroad right now) Other than that he's a good choice. Like all the others I've said yes to he knows the workings. Knows Naruto and SL. Has a presence here and on SL.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 09:34:35 PM »

Coming late to the scene, given that none of these candidates are currently holding a biju is a plus side, due to conflict of interest. Otherwise, out of them all, I believe only one from my own knowledge has held his fair ground as a jinc here to know both sides truly. And if there can only be one I'd go with Eric for the pick.

Silver Moonfire
Can't say I know them enough to follow through with putting them up for council, especially if only one can advance from the 5.

Eric
From an outsiders look, he has stuck with the game and even biju process long enough to know what's up. Sticks by his opinion and willing to accept others from what I've dealt with. Would make a good member should the conflict of interest not happen and he become a jinc again. Also has been a strong voice here in the forums for a while.

Chinote
Surely a skilled RPer when it comes to another style but when dealing with biju matters here on SL, not sure if he'd fit for the task.

Genesis
Great right hand man and delegate for myself, yet from my own knowledge hasn't really dabbled with the biju aspect of SL. And from my own knowledge such an area is quite hectic enough. When compared to Eric, I would have to side with experience over anything else. Close second for sure.

Jay
Exceptional rper and continually growing into a top player here for sure. Yet, like Genesis I am not entirely sure how well they've messed with the biju situation here so I can't vouch on their particular experience with such. Another top pick.

Hades
The guy is good, yet his schedule could be something at risk here for this council position (something I truly haven't been fully updated on yet!) if a decision is needed on a timely matter or such. Perhaps once the hiatus ends, another good candidate for such. Has fiddled with biju prior as well, from my memory.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 01:01:16 AM »

I do have to admit, I don't have a lot of experience in dealing with such a rowdy crew of individuals... or any... something that made me almost consider bowing out of the race. Nor do I have a great memory of the rules, but there's not a lot different activity concerning the beasts, only those brave enough to fight Bocc, something even I considered for fun. But I know, doing this would more than likely hook me up with some exp, enough to level up to... idk a higher level.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 01:50:29 AM »

I don't wanna sound cocky or anything, but I think I've managed to avoid having to go through a tiebreaker round.   :D Thank you all for your faith in my most human of abilities.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 02:14:08 AM »

yeah well the 5th member is a 3 way tie. we need 5 council members.

we may just go with all and say only 5 need to vote?

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 02:17:29 AM »

yeah well the 5th member is a 3 way tie. we need 5 council members.

we may just go with all and say only 5 need to vote?

Voting closes June 4th.
Please wait until after the deadline before preemptively coming to a conclusion. =)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 02:23:48 AM »

kill joy...

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 02:35:50 AM »

Late to the party, but whatever.

Chinote
Same as Moonfire. Does he even have a forum account? I can't vote yes for someone based on their unbiased and fair opinions. They need a background in bijuu matters for myself to even consider them. No.
Yes. For some reason it vanished, but I got it fixed. I lurk, occasionally.
When I was first active on SL, none of this (ie: any semblance of structure or enforcement for RP) existed, and it was here when I came back, but I didn't feel the need to thrust myself into it. Elsewhere, I've been a Jinchuuriki multiple times and one of the administrative heads of RP on the more RP oriented Naruto-based LotGD that apparently isn't allowed to be named despite the fact it hasn't existed in two years. As a player and an RPer, I've been known to have my biases for who I choose as company, but as a judge, mod, what-have-you, I am no stranger to professionalism and ignoring my biases for objective reasoning.

Chinote
Surely a skilled RPer when it comes to another style but when dealing with biju matters here on SL, not sure if he'd fit for the task.
Besides not actually being able to do things in-game to enforce rulings, and not being well known outside my small friend circle, I see no difference.

Just throwing this out there, since I haven't really said anything since Kay asked me about it months ago.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:38:11 AM by Chinote »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 03:05:52 AM »

I voted for Eric twice on accident...
Could you take two away from him and then add 1 to everyone except Moonfire and Chinote? <3
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.