Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Should the list be fixed?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Claimed list restructuring  (Read 11104 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Claimed list restructuring
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2016, 11:04:01 PM »

You could leave a kind of exclusivity still by making them difficult to get, but allowing multiples would help out a lot of the so-called problems.

Then it really isn't an exclusive item/weapon/etc, if we allow multiples of it running amok. You would basically chaos and disorder. That and finding the original would be more of a pain than bijuu hunting.

The only thing about the list that needs restructuring is the amount of user on there, why have someone on there when they don't play on here anymore. Kayenta to my understanding, doesn't want that to change based on the feeling of nostalgia, which I can understand. But this type of sentiment is will also hurt the newer players that try to join the server. (Example: Player A joined the Konohagakure clan and is barely trying to train as a Uchiha, later along the way that player wants to make their Uchiha character based off Itachi. So they ask around and come to find out that Totuska Sword hasn't been used in forever, grasping at the opportunity, Player A tries to claim it on their lonesome; only to be shut down by the majority of the community.)

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2016, 12:10:44 AM »

The only thing about the list that needs restructuring is the amount of user on there, why have someone on there when they don't play on here anymore. Kayenta to my understanding, doesn't want that to change based on the feeling of nostalgia, which I can understand. But this type of sentiment is will also hurt the newer players that try to join the server. (Example: Player A joined the Konohagakure clan and is barely trying to train as a Uchiha, later along the way that player wants to make their Uchiha character based off Itachi. So they ask around and come to find out that Totuska Sword hasn't been used in forever, grasping at the opportunity, Player A tries to claim it on their lonesome; only to be shut down by the majority of the community.)

Why not just makeep a page that keeps a log of it. Basically, the claims list but a record of all the previous players. Like, call it "History of ownership" or something. That way, it's okay if it's a mess because it's just for reference.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2016, 02:26:57 AM »

I was using those terms as a means over oversimplification for not only myself, but so I could try and convey my idea without taking in circles. But no I get it, fuck me and anything I have to add to this narrative, right?  :roll:

If you're just gonna wave away anything I have to say, then I'm sticking with the idea that there is nothing wrong with the claims list, and most of you are probably salty because you can lose your claimed items if someone tried hard enough. As Madara said;

The system is only broken to those who it doesn't favor.

like too funny. I have nothing on the list to lose. I think if I had wanted to say F you though, I would have. I can be direct and to the point. Sorry about your feeling that my stating a different view from your own, somehow translates in your mind to stfu and die or something. but then, that is on you, not me.

I am supposed to apologize that your passive aggressive comments read as "Your interpretation of the game is wrong, so shut up."? Because I won't. But your attitude seems to be consistent though, so perhaps I should just get used to it if I plan on staying on this crumbling site...   

... So please, continue to defend the people who don't even play the game anymore so the new generation of players can continue to go fuck themselves.

You are not really supposed to do anything. But at the same time, I am not going to dress up in the costume you throw at me so you can continue to avoid your apparent inability to handle an opinion that differs from your own.

TL:DR; get the chip off your shoulder when it comes time to listen to a different point of view. It is simply that and nothing more; it is certainly not a personal attack, nor does it require one from you in return.

I'm not seeing anywhere in your response countering what I have said, instead you focus on me having a "Chip on my shoulder". Are you focusing on the irrelevant aspect of my response to avoid actually debating, or do you just not know what to say?

Still not seeing where, removal of claimed list = a bad thing. Your whole argument seems to be in favor of the claims list because it is the only method of exclusivity on this site. (Imagine if a MMORPG made it so theres only one of each legenday in the whole game >_>) You could leave a kind of exclusivity still by making hem difficult to get, but allowing multiples would help out a lot of the so-called problems.

The claims list is a catalog. A table of contents for an entire world that you as players have weaved togehter. If we remove the list, how are the new players supposed to find out who has the tools? How are they supposed to know if someones claims are valid or not?  Once again what you are suggesting is to simply take peoples word for what they have, and I won't do that. If that's going to be the case, then I am just going to claim the most ridiculous combination of tools that makes my character invincible, then walk into suna and take a big ole dump in that dirty litter box. Who is going to refute my claims? Who now has the right to refute those claims? There is no list for them to refer to in order to validate what I do and don't have. With their being multiples, it's entirely possible for me to have them.

Better yet, what if I kill someone who also has my tools? Do I have a set now? How many Yata mirrors can I claim before I reach the limit? Then when I reach that limit, I'm gonna come back here and say you're restricting my fun. 

Having multiples is dumb. This is supposed to be a Naruto universe. In the Naruto universe, there are not multiples of each and every legendary tool. That's why they are legendary.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2016, 02:41:02 AM »

If that's going to be the case, then I am just going to claim the most ridiculous combination of tools that makes my character invincible, then walk into suna and take a big ole dump in that dirty litter box. Who is going to refute my claims?

Isn't that what most "competitive" players do anyway?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2016, 02:55:39 AM »

No, it's not what most competitive players do.

Anyway, you all could keep going back and forth and not getting anything done, or take passive aggressive shots at one another all day, or you can attempt to come together. I know that's hard for you all, since you all basically hate each other or at the very least have a small amount of disdain.

Now lets look at what we got here.

Now, there are somethings each side is refusing to give up. One side will absolutely not agree to only have one item, and/or multiples of each item around. So take that off the table.

On the other hand, one side will absolutely not agree to defending items, or having such strict strip regulations were you may have to constantly prove your activity if you have a somewhat popular item.

Where does this leave us?

Well, many people protested having only one item, perhaps raise the number and discuss a # that suits both.

Or, I've seen many people on both sides clamor for a reduction. So perhaps open up all summons to being used, and have a discussion on what jutsu to take off the claimed list and leave only the highly abusable ones on there (Edo Tensei, Hiraishin, things of that nature).

Or perhaps these ideas of mine are rubbish, but start to bounce ideas off of each other, that's what these threads and forums are for. Think logically about both sides, before posting, try to be constructive. Don't get off topic, don't get into debates about ranked vs casual, or go into a profanity laced post about no one hearing you.

We're better than this. There is no reason to be hateful, spiteful, or generally rude. Start compromising, working together. Or just lock the thread and never avoid each other indefinitely.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2016, 03:00:03 AM »

lol

And why not compile a list of all the possible ideas? People who have ideas, list them in a constructive way. Teostra already listed two earlier in this thread. Maybe a new topic could be made that's basically a brainstorming thread and the first post can be updated as each person adds an idea. :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2016, 03:04:29 AM »

lol

And why not compile a list of all the possible ideas? People who have ideas, list them in a constructive way. Teostra already listed two earlier in this thread. Maybe a new topic could be made that's basically a brainstorming thread and the first post can be updated as each person adds an idea. :)

That would be very constructive Beq. A thread of just brainstorms. People's ideas on how to fix it. And then take said thread and later turn it into a discussion one like now once we have more solutions to look at.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2016, 03:19:05 AM »

Would probably be in bad form to reply to what I originally was going to reply to in full.

I've seen some ideas crop up here, thoughts too, but if a fresh slate, a brainstorming thread, is the best outlet, I'll come up with something to throw into the storm.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2016, 03:52:52 AM »

Why not have a competitive list, and a non competitive list? So...two of each item maximum?
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2016, 04:10:33 AM »

Jokes aside, why not come up with an idea around that format then. Submit it to Bec so we can all chew it over. I guess it would work a lot like how people only do OOC bijuu fights here on the forum and those people could do their thing while SL RPers can do their thing on the main game.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2016, 04:18:49 AM »

Why not have a competitive list, and a non competitive list? So...two of each item maximum?

I'm surprised that everyone forgot about the 'Free Claims' list, basically it is one of those 'non-competitive' lists. Since anyone can claim what they want from the list as long as they meet a requirement, some items require you be from that village of origin or you have the parent technique of the claim you're trying to make upon your character; in the future I would like to also expand on the stuff that can be freely claimed on there.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2016, 07:05:46 AM »

I'm not seeing anywhere in your response countering what I have said, instead you focus on me having a "Chip on my shoulder". Are you focusing on the irrelevant aspect of my response to avoid actually debating, or do you just not know what to say?

When you learn how to have a discussion, I will make remarks about the topic.

When you start attacking verbally, then there really is no need to comment on the content of your words pertaining to any discussion topic because it no longer is a discussion.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2016, 07:12:26 AM »

Guys please refrain from anything insulting. We don't need Ace or Camel to lock this again do we? I'm sure we're more than capable to withhold such things.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2016, 08:18:54 AM »

Double posting cause I can. I don't see a comprise here. An unstoppable force colliding with an unmovable object if you will. I've spent way too long trying to type up a proper response to this, but my brain always became too frazzled.

In the end it will be like the bijuu. You have those who will adhere to the bijuu rules and then those who will not interact with the bijuu at all. There's always been two groups on SL and they never come to an absolute compromise. Best post I've seen so far is the one that mentioned having two lists. The one that we have now and then one that will follow the rules said in this post. The casual and mainstream players are already split up 98% of the time anyway.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.