Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things  (Read 17219 times)

Chinote

• View Profile
Re: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2016, 11:09:37 PM »

I think we should worry about the re-distribution of the other eight bijuu, before we start talking about distributing the Gedo Mazo. After all, come next week we can start tackling this topic and set up either a gamemaster-controlled event or a player vs player bracket with the winner receiving the Gedo Mazo as a prize.
Camel beat me to it, so I'm just going to say "this."

Let's deal with the 0-3,5-9 first, then we can put the Gedo up for grabs. Be that another tournament or some GM event, whatever. We can figure that out while everyone's fighting for the other tailed beasts.

It was voted upon to be treated like a regular bijuu, so I see no reason to lock it away and actively promote hording. If people want to hording all the bijuu, then the only ones stopping them are the other hosts. But we should not actively promote it, even if it is technically legal.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2016, 01:57:34 AM »

I think we should worry about the re-distribution of the other eight bijuu, before we start talking about distributing the Gedo Mazo. After all, come next week we can start tackling this topic and set up either a gamemaster-controlled event or a player vs player bracket with the winner receiving the Gedo Mazo as a prize.

Completely Agreed.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2016, 04:00:28 AM »

Wish I could have gotten to it last night, but better late than never.

Fights may go beyond the 10 post limit, but are not to exceed 14 days. If there is no winner, a judge's decision must be made 14 days after the start date. [3-1 vote]

All fights will be OOC, unless both participants agree on IC. [4-0]

Those in 1-on-1 fights cannot challenge the new host for 3 months. Those who personally fall to the winner of the brackets may not challenge the winner. They may challenge other hosts, after their respective grace periods end. [3-1]

Unless agreed upon by all participants, challenge groups with more than 2 people will be a bracketed tournament. [3-1]

ALL fights must start by Friday, September 30. If the fight is in a private zone, be sure to make it so we can see it. If the fight is in a dwelling, provide a key to at least one Council member. If the fight is in PMs, forward the message containing the starting post of each fighter to at least one Council member. If it's on the forum, odds are I'll see it.
Anyone who does not begin by the following Friday (Oct 7) will be automatically forfeit.

All matches end in 14 days. No matches will go beyond October 14.

If your fight does not have a clear winner, please get a prompt decision by the judge both parties agreed upon.

I'll probably make a thread for keeping track of the fights and stuff.

I think that's about everything besides the Gedo, which we can tackle once the fights start, and the final match ups, which we can't officially do until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:05:16 AM by Chinote »

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2016, 04:42:57 AM »

ALL fights must start by Friday, September 30.

Anyone who does not begin by the following Friday (Oct 7) will be automatically forfeit.

Pick one

(the latter is better IMO)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:47:11 AM by Genesis »

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2016, 05:12:00 AM »

Pick one

No.

What I'm saying is that if you don't manually start your fight by Friday the 30th, then the timer's going to start regardless. If you don't make an attempt by the 7th, you're out.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2016, 07:17:23 AM »

Pick one

No.

What I'm saying is that if you don't manually start your fight by Friday the 30th, then the timer's going to start regardless. If you don't make an attempt by the 7th, you're out.

That doesn't make any sense. All fights must start by a certain date means all of the fights. You might as well just give them till next Friday to get started, but then they only have 7 days to fight as all fights apparently have the same cut-off date.

Additionally, Council Members don't really need access to dwellings and such; all we need are the judges (or participants) to tell us if a fight doesn't start by the deadline or finishes early. We don't (and won't) be micromanaging every single biju fight because that is neither our job nor our responsibility.

Have faith Chinote, if there are violations, there will be people chomping at the bit to call their opponent(s) out.

Seeing as we have gone with the bracket idea though, how in the world is that supposed to work exactly? You fight first competitor the first 7 days and then face off against the next one the next 7 days? Or do those fights actually go longer than 14 days? Making the fights bracketed, while more organized, does kind of put a kink into all fights ending at the same exact date no matter what.

I suggest  that, since brackets were agreed upon, considerations need to be made for the larger brackets (I.E, the 9-tails bracket).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2016, 07:21:11 AM »

The 9 tails and 2 tails will take longer to get to a host.

However the fights in the brackets are supposed to happen at the same time.

So it shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks after October 14th
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2016, 07:51:16 AM »

14 day limit for each fight? So a 6 man bracket would last almost 32 days? (14 x 3?)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2016, 08:02:03 AM »

14 day limit for each fight? So a 6 man bracket would last almost 32 days? (14 x 3?)

Depends on if they're going with the 10 posts per person rule or not

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »

Depends on if they're going with the 10 posts per person rule or not

Well, if by chance 10 posts per person takes the whole 14 day limit to get through.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2016, 04:13:43 PM »

Each fight in the bracket will have it's own 14 day limit. That puts the 2 Tails at 28 days and the 9 at 42. Yea, that seems like a lot, but that's a drop in the bucket in the amount of time these kinds of fights usually go before someone calls the other inactive and then it just devolves into stripping. It'll be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.