Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things  (Read 17358 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 02:24:40 AM »

And if Monday comes, your plan goes into effect because it would be 2v1.

I need some convincing on how your plan would work. Well, it's quite simple, but truth be told I think it's too easy for the players. The first nine challengers will easily win the bijuus. I don't care how over powered these bijuu are. This is SL...most of these challengers are Madara on steroids. Unless if you convince me otherwise this won't be a simple handout to the first nine, I won't agree to this.

Also, like I said before, I'm not a fan of Athos just straight up challenging us. We just logged into SL and realized we held 8 bijuus and already there's a challenge.

If we recognize Athos challenge, then that sets a precedent. I could see this playing out horribly in the future. Lets say another guy A were to rage quit and his bijuu were to land in our hands. Little does anyone know, that rage quit dude's friend, B, knew about him quitting ahead of time. So the moment A quit, B already had a whipped up a challenge message in the forum.

I have nothing against Athos (Uzumaki rep), but I'm against bad precedents.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 02:39:11 AM »

I know.

The challengers would have to defeat or seal the GM'd Bijuu. If none of the GMs volunteer, I'll do it all myself. It will not be a simple task. The Bijuu are fighting for their freedom just as hard as the challengers are fighting to obtain them, if not more. I recognize that the majority of those who will challenge for the Bijuu are beyond even end-game Naruto and Sasuke levels. I can't control the quality of RP/RPers here, so it is what it is.

Then let's decide on that. If the Council decides that the previous challenges are not to be honored, then that's how it'll be. I have made no promises either way and have only suggested we consider whether or not to honor them. I agree, allowing it creates a bad precedent. We were told our job isn't to create and rewrite the rules, but apparently some are mad that we don't, while others like Shadow are boisterously against that.

So let's at least put it to a vote for this instance between the three of us right now, the other two can vote if they get on before Monday. If it becomes a rule in either direction, then so be it.

Honor the challenges prior to this Council Session, yay or nay.

I vote nay.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 02:40:15 AM »

I'm still pretty sure Silver left the council >>

Also Genny, while it may be too easy, you don't want something too difficult. This is about the beast be redistributed in a fair way and relatively quick way, nothing to do with difficulty.

As for solutions, you could do multiple things, it need not be all in one. You guys can have gm's play the role as rampaging biju, you can probably even have Genny run a tournament for a biju or two. You could do Naruto trivia, hell you could put everyone who wants a biju names in a hat and draw for all I care.

It just has to be fair, whatever happens. You guys should def not accepts challenges though. That for one is a mess, as there aren't many of you to take over defending 0-3 and 5-9 at the same time.

Also are there even that many people to redistribute them too? I see only Madara, and Athos as def, with maybe Shadow and T'Challa possibly wanting in. If you somehow get lucky and only have 9 or 10 people, could host a tournament where placing in said tournament determines your biju. In a 9 person tournament, last place gets the 0 tails, etc. Anyway, I trust you guys, just throwing some opinions out there. You guys shouldn't sweat this too much. One they are redistributed, anyone can challenge for what they want anyway.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 02:42:46 AM »

Only allow Athos to challenge for one. Simple as that. Not all 9. That would be stupid. No reason not to let him challenge. The only issue is if you should honor him 'calling dibs first' Why not just let him and Madara fight it out in an OCC non-deathmatch. They both want the same bijuu

As far as I can tell there's not enough takers to completely hand out all 9 at first anyway.

Also regardless of how many vote yes or no. The bijuu still need to be given back to the public. The only thing being debated here is how that's going to be done.

I doubt any of the community want to be de-buffed, but if any debuff is to be had, limit them to picking 2 kg only? Should be fine. That is if they're willing.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 02:47:31 AM »

You could give one week for people to put their hat into the ring for which bijuu they would like to host. One per account. I don't care if alts serve. They are bound by the activity rules too. If you do care then say alts cannot challenge each other...

Then at the end of 7 days, those people fight. Council or GM's judge. It would be very nice to have a pool of judges that are approved by the community though.

If there are no challengers, then a GM does an rp for that one host.

Everyone gets their shot and we just start with a clean slate and let the past die once and for all.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 02:49:33 AM »

You could give one week for people to put their hat into the ring for which bijuu they would like to host. One per account. I don't care if alts serve. They are bound by the activity rules too. If you do care then say alts cannot challenge each other...

Then at the end of 7 days, those people fight. Council or GM's judge. It would be very nice to have a pool of judges that are approved by the community though.

If there are no challengers, then a GM does an rp for that one host.

Everyone gets their shot and we just start with a clean slate and let the past die once and for all.

+100000000

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2016, 02:50:53 AM »

As previously stated in my plan, any Bijuu that doesn't receive a challenge in the one week challenge period will be set to roaming. Any individual, group, village, etc can then track it down and battle it. Any challenged Bijuu who's challenger failed to seal or capture it will also be turned loose. If none of the GMs are willing to aid the Council, then I have no issue with doing it myself if needed.

Kay's idea of having those who want the same Bijuu fight each other before fighting the Bijuu is good, but it would severely delay the process. If that's what the challengers want though, then I don't see why it can't be implemented.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2016, 02:51:53 AM »

this would quickly get something going in a positive direction for the bijuu.

and then in the meantime, we could finally get back to work on crafting guidelines for the council. for the future.

for now, I feel we have to work with what we have because this is the best we did with regards of making a council at the time.

I think what to do with the bijuu now and what to make of the council are 2 issues that can be separated...council revamp can be a future job we all work toward.

note...i thought to fight each other would take the place of a bijuu battle and act like a tourney prize thing.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:52:46 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2016, 02:56:50 AM »

As previously stated in my plan, any Bijuu that doesn't receive a challenge in the one week challenge period will be set to roaming. Any individual, group, village, etc can then track it down and battle it. Any challenged Bijuu who's challenger failed to seal or capture it will also be turned loose. If none of the GMs are willing to aid the Council, then I have no issue with doing it myself if needed.

Kay's idea of having those who want the same Bijuu fight each other before fighting the Bijuu is good, but it would severely delay the process. If that's what the challengers want though, then I don't see why it can't be implemented.

If people are going to fight each other for a biju, give two set rules to speed it up. Reduce the time between responses from 7 days to 5 or 3. Also give them 2-3 pages on the forum max. Then a judge decided the winner based on how the fight was going, etc. That way you have expedited posting, and also a page limit so the fight doesn't go on forever.

Kay, why don't you or I create a separate thread of great judges for the site? People can discuss, and the council can opt to use it, and if not we have a list for other players of players who are thought to be good judges and willing to be one. Win-win

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2016, 03:10:37 AM »

I believe shadow was actually going around trying to get volunteers. [sorry. that was for GMs]

but very well. that need not depend on if the council uses the ideas or no. the community always has need of judges.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:17:14 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2016, 03:22:50 AM »

Alright, I like where this is going. Also, I like Trev's idea for having a torne for just two of the beasts. So hears my idea...for that.

Why not host a tournament for the most (well...I'm pretty sure they'll be) sought after beasts? The 8 and 9. The same group of judges will preside over that tournament.

EDIT: I'm dumb as hell and I don't read. I like Kay's idea alot. If there's more than one for a single bijuu, that in and of itself will become a mini torne.

Wow, I like Kay's idea the most...seriously. Get the community to nominate judges to preside over all the matches and we're good. Plus I like the idea of GMing a beast if no one claims it. I put my vote for Kay's idea.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:29:41 AM by Genesis »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2016, 03:27:23 AM »

What's with you and tournaments? >.>

As far as I know only the 9 tails has 2 people who want it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2016, 03:31:14 AM »

I want to avoid GMing the beast to a person. IN MY MOST HUMBLE OPINION (Chinote most likely disagrees with me), it feels like we'd giving the beast away on a silver platter if we were to GM it. With a torne, I feel like the beast will be 'earned'. Hence my slight obsession with it. And that's why Kay's idea is so worthy of my vote.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:33:30 AM by Genesis »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2016, 03:33:32 AM »

I want to avoid GMing the beast to a person. IN MY MOST HUMBLE OPINION (Chinote most likely disagrees with me), it feels like we'd giving the beast away on a silver platter if we were to GM it. With a torne, I feel like the beast will be 'earned'. Hence my slight obsession with it.

Earned through weeks of arguing. BIjuu battles are always like that.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2016, 03:38:30 AM »

If people are going to fight each other for a biju, give two set rules to speed it up. Reduce the time between responses from 7 days to 5 or 3. Also give them 2-3 pages on the forum max. Then a judge decided the winner based on how the fight was going, etc. That way you have expedited posting, and also a page limit so the fight doesn't go on forever.

If people would prefer the multiple challengers per Bijuu option, and if it gets implemented, then we will look into ways to expedite the process. There's no reason not to have each Bijuu either sealed or in combat in 3-4 weeks. (6 more days for Eric to vote, Silver if he's around, a week challenge period, then the actual RP.)

It appears that support for Kay's idea is growing, so;

COUNCIL ONLY:
The 0-3, 5-9 Tails will be distributed as follows:
A 1 Week Open challenge period in which case anyone may challenge ONE Bijuu of their choice.
Challengers who challenge for the same Bijuu will fight each other (1v1, tournament style if applicable [rules tbd]) and the winner will be awarded the Bijuu.
Challengers who's Bijuu does not receive another challenge will face the Bijuu (GMs tbd) in 1v1 combat. They must defeat, seal, or otherwise incapacitate the Bijuu to be declared successful and obtain control of the Bijuu.
Bijuu who do not receive a challenge in the one-week time period will be set to roaming. They may be hunted and challenged by any individual, group, village, etc.
Bijuu who's challengers fail to capture them will be set to roaming as per above.

Yay or Nay.

My vote's still Yay.

I want to avoid GMing the beast to a person. IN MY MOST HUMBLE OPINION (Chinote most likely disagrees with me), it feels like we'd giving the beast away on a silver platter if we were to GM it. With a torne, I feel like the beast will be 'earned'. Hence my slight obsession with it. And that's why Kay's idea is so worthy of my vote.

Personally, I think the priority should be to get them back into the public is fast and fair as possible. With the current player base, silver platters are unavoidable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.