Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Future Council Structure [Discussion]  (Read 9640 times)

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
Re: Future Council Structure [Discussion]
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 04:15:04 AM »

Let's get right down to it. The council has two active members (maybe three) and that is just simply not enough. Ace has brought the idea forward that the council needs a remodel of sorts and the addition of more members.

We GMs are volunteering our help to GM the Bijuu. Originally, I had thought this would be handled by the council and then we GMs would maintain our focus on the main village boards. However with two council members, you would be struggling with that many fights. Any person would.

So one, it needs more active members willing to help out the seemingly constant Bijuu situation. Second, maybe rethink the council structure. As it stands, there is a maximum number of council members that handle everything Bijuu. Let's see if we can change that.

Ace's idea and what I think we should roll with: A Two Chamber System

The lower chamber presides over fights, ANYONE can be a part of that chamber.

The upper chamber rules on matters of passing out bijuus and anything else more serious.

Both houses work together to simply pass rules through the input of the members.

Thoughts?
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 04:22:33 AM »

And I reiterate, as my last post said...
I rather here suggestions from the Council Members. I barely hear any suggestions from one or two council members. :o

No one cares whose idea is used, all that the members seem to want are ideas to move forward.   :roll:

And as another member has told me, a Council isn't a council if it only has three or four active members. This is where the "leaders" should step up and figure out a way to get more people on board-- there are people out there. ^^

Best part is, with the current member base of SL (including staff, council members, etc.), I have no doubt this will be discussed in a respectable manner, and that solutions will be figured out. :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:24:53 AM by Ace »

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 04:50:55 AM »

And I reiterate, as my last post said...
I rather here suggestions from the Council Members. I barely hear any suggestions from one or two council members. :o

I want to hear what the community as a whole has to say about the council first, so I can make this sorta like a learning experience of sorts.

We obviously need more people because it's starting to feel like a dictatorship. Mind you, I didn't make this a dictatorship, I just so happen to be one of the more active participants of the original five.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 04:55:08 AM »

Honestly, I can hardly call two or three people a council. And this is where the problem lies or at least, that's what I think.

I think the only to fix this is to get back up to at least five members of the council, otherwise you won't have unbiased opinion of what makes up a council whenever a discussion takes place. Although, I give props to everyone that decided to participate and be active in this situation that we have on our hands.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 05:02:03 AM »

Honestly, I can hardly call two or three people a council. And this is where the problem lies or at least, that's what I think.

I think the only to fix this is to get back up to at least five members of the council, otherwise you won't have unbiased opinion of what makes up a council whenever a discussion takes place. Although, I give props to everyone that decided to participate and be active in this situation that we have on our hands.

I mean, in my most honest and humblest of opinions, our 2-3 man team in no way did nothing greedy or power hungry. And if we did or do in the future, by all means strip us of our positions. Hell, we're going to make sure the judging is done by the community, we'll just be convening it. There are no blatant power grabs, just doing what I was elected to do.

I'm all for a restructure, because I'll admit our numbers have dwindled.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 05:13:12 AM »

I personally don't think anything is wrong. Council has done fine. Has done great balancing the current rules, and not over stepping it's boundaries.

Done great with this gigantic bomb too. 3/5 members promptly responded in under a week. That's pretty darn good. Only complaint if I think Silver is out and has been out based on what he said on July 17th. Someone should have confirmed him gone and replaced him. Other than that, fine as is.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 05:39:03 AM »

Only complaint if I think Silver is out and has been out based on what he said on July 17th. Someone should have confirmed him gone and replaced him. Other than that, fine as is.
The problem with that is that there's nothing in place that says how to go about that. As I said before, the main problem with the Council is that all it is is a name of the people elected to deal with Bijuu issues. How we do things, what we can do, how we replace people, etc. None of that was decided before the Council was created. Some expected us to do it ourselves, others wanted us to do as little as possible and not affect their status quo. If things are going to chance, then it has to be remade with a solid foundation and structural support before the roof goes on this time.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 07:09:33 AM »

In the case of a council member not responding in (insert time here) a GM can fill their place? :P
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »

Agreeing with Trev, I don't really think anything is wrong with the council. I do think suitable replacements should be found for Eric and Silver, as they have sadly been unresponsive.

I think due to the typical preference to have GMs step in and RP as beasts when necessary, I'd like to avoid having GMs on the council as I think it is a conflict of interest. I think the council should consist of people very much concerned with helping things better for other players and very much not concerned with possessing or helping friends possess beasts in any way.

Also agreeing with Chinote, I'd just like to have a little more structure. Particularly with dual topics created specifically and at the same time, so that we can see community comments about beast issues but deliberate between the group of us in a more cohesive string that is not broken up by the persuasive, logical arguments the other community members would like to present for our consideration.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 05:23:55 PM »

I like how we're talking about our future, that's great and all, but I want to tackle the matters right in front of us.

The council is now talking about rule making and what not. I believe we should take in two council members right now since it's currently only a 3 man team. The sooner the better.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 05:30:45 PM »

Agreeing with Trev, I don't really think anything is wrong with the council. I do think suitable replacements should be found for Eric and Silver, as they have sadly been unresponsive.

I think due to the typical preference to have GMs step in and RP as beasts when necessary, I'd like to avoid having GMs on the council as I think it is a conflict of interest. I think the council should consist of people very much concerned with helping things better for other players and very much not concerned with possessing or helping friends possess beasts in any way.

Also agreeing with Chinote, I'd just like to have a little more structure. Particularly with dual topics created specifically and at the same time, so that we can see community comments about beast issues but deliberate between the group of us in a more cohesive string that is not broken up by the persuasive, logical arguments the other community members would like to present for our consideration.

Set up an offsite private chat room for council members? That or petition Neji to make group chats.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »

Set up an offsite private chat room for council members? That or petition Neji to make group chats.

Neji can't and won't make group chats. He's said it himself and for the most part he's right. The code is out there for free, but it's all very low grade stuff. Could the server handle an IMS...probably to some degree. I've been on one other site of LotGD and the only instant thing they has was when you post in village boards. Thought that was cool. Had a 2 second delay or something though.

If council members want to talk among themselves then do what Trev suggested. There are an untold number of chat rooms varying in capability that will allow a council group chat.

My personal opinion on it is to make two threads as I've said before. One that lists the current votes, current topic, etc. (That is locked) The other one is the debate topic where everyone talks.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 09:08:09 PM »

I wanted to make a group chat, but Chinote said no out of the sake of transparency.

We can do Discord or something. You can invite Yourself to the channel.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:33:31 PM by Genesis »

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 11:51:35 PM »

I'm not fond of rulings made behind closed doors. That's when under the table shenanigans happen. It's in both the Council and communities' best interest to see our discussions as they take place and see how we reached a conclusion. It gives the Council accountability for their rulings and promotes fairness.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2016, 11:56:03 PM »

When the call was made for volunteers to take in some empty-ish slots I think we got maybe one or two eager beavers. And at least one of those individuals is challengeing for a tailed beast, so that's one less from before.

How do you attract people to a group/organization that effectively does nothing but handle *certain* biju matters in its official capacity? Council Members cannot be village leaders, cannot judge biju matches, and cannot be a jinchurikii nor biju master. Of the people who have expressed interest in a Council position and who are still around and active, it has been difficult using the methods of before (casting a line via the forum) to find even three that are rather ineligible.

What we currently have are some guidelinse for what the Council does (fairly limited):

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8791.0.html

- The Council deals with strippings in the situation where a host/summoner is stripped and there is no challenger (or said challenger is ineligble). If I recall that section has seen that choice of update since the Bocchiere-Rusaku incident.

... That list was short. Using the rough draft of the adopted rules as a guideline, the Biju Council at the moment does not have a whole lot of responsibility; re-distrubtion of the tailed beasts was not in the job description, and should be (as I believe it is) handled by the biju rule following community. Unless someone is getting stripped, under the current rules that I referenced (unless those are outdated) the Council does not have much responsibility.

I am with the crowd that wants to hear what the community has in mind for the Council, under any forseeable restructuring, is intended to do. Handle all things (and I mean all) biju was NEVER the Council's stated job nor given powers. The biju "things" that happen to come up the most just so happened to be strippings that fell (however narrowly or broadly) into the Council's jurisdiction.

I don't mind getting off my butt and trying to recruit for Council, but I need to know what I"m recruiting for exactly.

*P.S

Finished reading over the narutoprofile wikia rules, and for the most part, the most relevent change is that the Council seems to handle all biju strippings. Still, that's not "all things biju" and still doesn't encompass a mass gifting.

I digress though, I'm a little late to be making a point other than that the biju council needs a sub-section all its own to outline everything about it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:12:15 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 16 queries.