Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Challenger VS List (Based on data collected by Genesis) Also questions.  (Read 5735 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Challenger VS List (Based on data collected by Genesis) Also questions.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 02:11:51 AM »

*coughs* This is rather odd, given that no one seemed to have gone for the 4 tails after a couple days of whatever has been going on. I'd like to make a request for Keito to fight it or someone. Though I did tell shadow I was down to GM any necessary event and hope my involvement with such wouldn't prevent me from signing up. If it does, I'd still rather go for the 4 tails then. Otherwise I'd be down to do both and fight as the 8 tails.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 02:14:30 AM »

*coughs* This is rather odd, given that no one seemed to have gone for the 4 tails after a couple days of whatever has been going on. I'd like to make a request for Keito to fight it or someone. Though I did tell shadow I was down to GM any necessary event and hope my involvement with such wouldn't prevent me from signing up. If it does, I'd still rather go for the 4 tails then. Otherwise I'd be down to do both and fight as the 8 tails.

Well, I suggest you contact Trev, and inform him that you will be challenging him for his beast. ;)

Nobody has went after it because Trev is the owner of it already. Cheers!
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 02:21:04 AM »

This post resembles Rick a lot. >>

Trev has the beast and is immune until his two weeks are over. Reason the 4 tails has been out of all the convos.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 02:21:26 AM »

This is a nice set up for things.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 02:25:24 AM »

Dope. Haven't really been catching up on the various threads and ish.
Forget I posted that as I assume it will be forgotten and I'll still narrate a beasty fighting a ninja, while my ninja fights a ninja with a beasty.
See ya'll on the other side!

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 02:59:54 AM »

I more or less agree with the points everyone made though I'm one of those who if I could start today I would.  And people should do their own research if their opponent and approach them before the fight about what they have concerns with and work it out from there.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 03:34:05 AM »

Honestly with the fighters locking in who they want to go for, I'd say we get some of the matchups set up, and characters locked (prevents last second edits and such) at this point, then leave it up to the fighters to start asap or on wednesday. Though I can also see in the case of the kyuubi with 5 people. Patience is a virtue right...? T.T

adding: There's also the rules to be established for the fights, as well how judgement criteria will be handled in the case of a stalemate. I'm hearing post limits and such in the making so those are more angles to be worked. I want to be patient but I'm also eager...The struggle...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:37:09 AM by Tsuyo »
Lol I'm hungry.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 04:23:11 AM »

Post limits are stupid.
A true fight should be fought to the end at any given moment tides can change.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 05:04:42 AM »

While normally, I'd agree, SL is a bit different since there aren't limitations to the players. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but that everyone attempting to obtain a beast could fight indefinitely if they needed to. To ensure a timely distribution, the post limit, time limit, and inactivity rule are necessary.

Also, the main point of my post, Shadow and Nathan, was to encourage people to share their thoughts on the matter in the Council thread so that it's easier for us to gauge what the community wants rather than have to look through a dozen threads.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 05:21:20 AM »

I don't really see the issue with a fight taking time to complete. Are we not here to rp? And I for one am a person who takes pride in my rp and like to rp my things out completly.

Rushing something does more harm then good. Quality will fall and people will not get the full enjoyment.

Everyone makes mistakes. And if only the great fighters will win these fights then they should posses the ability to pick up on those mistakes.

What about characters who take time to set up their attacks and what not? If there is a limit I'm more inclined to just start off at full strength and go for a one hit kill to be honest. I'd rather win like that than a judge say who won an unfinished fight.

My general fighting style of to just defend and counter until I let my opponent hang themselves. I don't feel I can use that tactic here.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 06:09:00 AM »

I don't really see the issue with a fight taking time to complete. Are we not here to rp? And I for one am a person who takes pride in my rp and like to rp my things out completly.

Rushing something does more harm then good. Quality will fall and people will not get the full enjoyment.

Everyone makes mistakes. And if only the great fighters will win these fights then they should posses the ability to pick up on those mistakes.

What about characters who take time to set up their attacks and what not? If there is a limit I'm more inclined to just start off at full strength and go for a one hit kill to be honest. I'd rather win like that than a judge say who won an unfinished fight.

My general fighting style of to just defend and counter until I let my opponent hang themselves. I don't feel I can use that tactic here.

I personally think a post limit is necessary, although you could eliminate that with just a time cap instead (say 2-3 weeks and if you and your foe are active, you could reasonably get 20+ post in) So you could potentially convince people to get rid of a post cap in favor of just a time cap. Can't have both, else some of these biju (The nibi and Kyuubi) might take months to half a year to decide.

Although you make a good point that this tournament favors characters with quick kill techs, as like you I counter and evade my enemies. But I think we have to sacrifice it to get the beast all out. Once they are redistributed, everything returns to normal.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 06:55:45 AM »

I personally think a post limit is necessary, although you could eliminate that with just a time cap instead (say 2-3 weeks and if you and your foe are active, you could reasonably get 20+ post in) So you could potentially convince people to get rid of a post cap in favor of just a time cap. Can't have both, else some of these biju (The nibi and Kyuubi) might take months to half a year to decide.

Although you make a good point that this tournament favors characters with quick kill techs, as like you I counter and evade my enemies. But I think we have to sacrifice it to get the beast all out. Once they are redistributed, everything returns to normal.

I'd be a lot more happy with being given a time frame rather than a post count. I have never once in my whole 13 years of rp rped something that had a post count limit.

To be honest if I had not already put my name forth I'd have never signed up knowing I'd be limited by how many post I was allowed. Hell, 5-6 of those post would be just trying to get warmed up and a feel for the fight.

I would say I also enjoy to toy around to much for a post count but I haven't fought rp wise in awhile so my skills are dull.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 07:23:37 AM »

Also, the main point of my post, Shadow and Nathan, was to encourage people to share their thoughts on the matter in the Council thread so that it's easier for us to gauge what the community wants rather than have to look through a dozen threads.

Threads separate different areas we need to focus on. Having one thread cover 100 topics means if we have to go back and look through something that would take hours. Multiple threads covering different options allow better organization.

Also Kirk and others. Wrong thread to post about posts. Please move it to the proper thread.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »

Having the fights themselves start Friday, I think, would be optimal, with a complete closeout on names to be added being on Wednsday. I speak for myself here, but if the bracket system is what is gone with, I don't see why Shadow's list can't be used. He used a randomizer after all.

A judge for every fight will solve any disputes between the participants, even the GM'd ones. That includes disagremeents on powers and such.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 02:39:26 PM »

Using the randomizer seems fine to me. It has no bias, after all.

As for when the fights should start: while I'm eager to begin as soon as possible, I understand that some people may not be able to. Therefore, I say we should begin starting on wednesday and no later than friday.

This gives us enough time to discuss conditions of the fight with our opponents and hash out whatever issues might arise from their respective tech loads. If they can't reach a consensus on their own, then take it to the judge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 16 queries.