Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sage Mode  (Read 6721 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Sage Mode
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 02:56:45 AM »

People are complaining about Rinnegan like it's more powerful than Sage Mode, but it's not. Most people only accept the base Rinnegan powers. Since we banned most of the BS Rinnegan gives you in later chapters years ago. (Was a whole topic)

Sage Mode however hasn't been nerfed in the slightest. It gives an enormous power boost to everything. Jutsu, taijutsu, anything without the slightest drawback. Sage Mode was made to combat Rinnegan.

If anything I think there needs to be a talk on how much of a boost Sage Mode gives the user 'cause I've seen it from 2x power to 10x which is just retarded.

It's a 3x, anyone who doesn't know this is foolish. >>

Forgetting you're on SL? >.>

Apparently all of you are too. xD "Too strong, needs nerf." Post. Can't beat it, so nerf it. Nobody obligates you to chose Rinnegan for the use of your sage resets, you can surely pick something else if the meta is composed of Sage users, and try to counter it, but you didn't. That's how these things work.

With Rinnegan, you are trading flexibility for RIDICULOUS ABILITIES. Taijutsu fight? Preta path, Human path, Deva path. Long range? Animal, asura, Deva. Mid range? All of the above. Oh...I guess you aren't trading flexibility for anything, you get both. Wow, maybe I should use Rinnegan.

I'm only being half facetious btw >>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:07:03 AM by Hitler-Chan »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 03:09:28 AM »

Oh yeah? Well people actually listen to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y8ViGvCrL8
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 03:10:19 AM »

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 03:47:28 AM »

I disagree. Unlike Rinnegan which gives you a whole host of abilities, Sage Mode just enhances what you already have. A cooldown for Rinnegan moves is understandable, Sage Mode doesn't give you the ability control one of the fundamental forces of the universe. Aside from that, of course we know the manga and anime have shown Sage users becoming adept enough to enter almost instantaneously (Naruto, Hashirama, Minato). So I think the more important question is why not?

Because we are supposed to have 'honor'. When someone is trying to kill you, or take something you care for, then you come talk about decorum and restraint, then we can have a conversation.

I don't think anyones' honor is at stake if they are allowed to enter Sage Mode the first turn, does it put someone at that much of a disadvantage? I find Sage Mode far easier to deal with than the Rinnegan.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 03:51:55 AM »

Until you come across the sage mode, bijuu cloak v2, raiton no yoroi, 7th gate dude who moves 10x faster than light.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 03:56:23 AM »

Until you come across the sage mode, bijuu cloak v2, raiton no yoroi, 7th gate dude who moves 10x faster than light.

No object with mass can move at the speed of light, sowws shadow-kun.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 03:57:37 AM »

No object with mass can move at the speed of light, sowws shadow-kun.

You mean no object that that much ass? ;*

But for real dough. I dislike people who stack 9 speed buffs in a row.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 04:05:31 AM »

Koji doesn't have Sage Mode. I've been thinking about having it, but never really got around to it or lost interest. I guess I'm one of the few without it then.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 04:08:39 AM »

Koji doesn't have Sage Mode. I've been thinking about having it, but never really got around to it or lost interest. I guess I'm one of the few without it then.

Could start with imperfect sage mode just to advance a bit and add some more complexity. ^-^

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 04:17:33 AM »

Sage mode in one turn in addition to using justu, from my experience, is considered a no-no even for mastery users. The one drawback to regular sage mode is that you have to take time getting into it, even with clones and animal summons helping out. That time might only be a turn, but it's time spent preparing.

Taking away that one disadvantage means that, functionally speaking, sage mode becomes a tireless, limitless buff that might as well be biju mode without the need for a challenge.

When I fight with sage mode, I generally take a few turns to get into it, although by now my character can probably enter it just fine in 2 turns.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2016, 04:51:22 AM »

It's too easy to cheat the system. In the Manga, it didn't make sense at first for someone to be able to do things like that so quickly, but then the show progressed and more openly available loopholes were created to circumvent this apparent "flaw" in the art of Sage mode. You can't blame the players for wanting to use it when it's sitting right there in front of them.  It's certainly more honorable, and perhaps even more powerful in the physiology of zone fighting to gather energy manually in the midst of combat, but it's just not as effective. In a real situation where character death is a possibility, someone is going to see you stand still to gather energy, and will dunk on you with everything they have. Which is more than likely a roster of techniques equally as ridiculous as the one we are discussing here today.

It all boils down to nerfing ourselves for a better experience, and I don't foresee that happening soon.           
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2016, 04:51:48 AM »

Just be a Jugo clan member! Constantly collecting that energy!!!

I think going into sage mode too quickly is an issue, but a bigger issue is some people don't leave it. I mean I picked my kg to be a cheapo and circumvent those obstacles, but everyone is kinda like a jugo clan member now >>

idk, I don't think it needs a community ruling. If you object, get a judge for your fight.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 07:22:21 AM »

Get good.

Some people like to have under-powered characters, while others like to max out and put whatever buffs they can for their skill tree. There are people who have found other ways to circumvent even the need for actively gathering Natural Energy, such as those who are of Jugo's clan.

I myself can have two ways of completely overcoming the active gathering. Either I use Strange Transmission Distant Shadow to integrate the Jugo clan's ability into myself to constantly be in Sage Mode, or I can just have a scroll of Shadow Clones that have pre-gathered Natural Energy loaded into my Kote.

I don't mean to pick on the Rinnegan, though the ability to instantly kill someone and learn every technique and acquire all their in-RP knowledge at the motion of a single poke doesn't sound terribly OP. Maybe the Rinnegan and Sage Mode just sound pretty over-powerful to those who either don't have them, or find difficulty in using their abilities and being diverse with them. Then again, skills and buffs can be insignificant when going against someone who is very good at RPing.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2016, 07:32:42 AM »

Get good....

...Then again, skills and buffs can be insignificant when going against someone who is very good at RPing.

To be fair, you could be the most skilled, intelligent, and powerful person in the world. But, if you were armed with a pocket knife and your opponent is some dumb fatso flying a plane above you with his finger on the 'Drop Payload' button, nothing you do would be able to save you from a swift and fiery death lol Unless your power is just super luck and all of the bombs are duds/miss.

Or another analogy would be trying to beat a game of Civilization while staying in the initial stage as every other civ around you progresses all the way to future tech. You're going to really be feeling it then (if you hadn't already by the time the industrial age rolled on in).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:34:29 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2016, 07:34:28 AM »

Get good....

...Then again, skills and buffs can be insignificant when going against someone who is very good at RPing.

To be fair, you could be the most skilled, intelligent, and powerful person in the world. But, if you were armed with a pocket knife and your opponent is some dumb fatso flying a plane above you with his finger on the 'Drop Payload' button, nothing you do would be able to save you from a swift and fiery death lol Unless your power is just super luck and all of the bombs are duds/miss.

Fortunately in this particular instance, Kagey-Kun is the dud. <3
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.