Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Agenda #4 Alternate Accounts and Biju Fighting (Council Only)  (Read 2298 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Agenda #4 Alternate Accounts and Biju Fighting (Council Only)
« on: October 22, 2016, 05:02:03 AM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9097.0.html

The discussion, as linked above, is in regards to the alternate account rule violations of Rusaku and Dato. Kamui brought this to the attention of the public, with his primary evidence being IP address checking.

Rusaku outright admitted that he entered an alternate, but withdrew the alt to keep from bucking the system any further:

Yeah, I'm Nanashi. I don't feel like waiting to be outed, or for some kind IP witch hunter to happen. I know a bunch of people already guessed it was me, and I mean c'mon, who starts off good at this site?

Want an explanation? Uhh, I didn't like the reputation I had when I was Rusaku/Ryoji, and wanted to see how things would differ if I was someone else. Guess what? Most of you treated me very differently. Though that is not at all the point here. I wanted a stress free environment to play my decade old hobby, and I got exactly that. Now here I am, with red ass hands. The only reason I brought Ryoji back at all was because I saw the influx of people who joined back after Bocc was banned. Figured he was one of my biggest complaints, and I could enjoy the game that much more with him gone and my first character back in action. 

The only consolation I have for you is that I pulled Nanashi from the Shadow fight because I didn't feel like being a cheater.

My reasons for doing it had nothing to do with cheating the system and getting Biju, but so I could enjoy this game without stigma. I have a feeling it was the same for Dart. I mean look at how we have strung out Kiri and everyone associated with it. He probably just wanted to play the game again without being poo poo'ed on for just being Dart. Then when he found out no one was doing that on his main, he dropped Zera. This is just speculation of course, but whatever.

Am I sorry? Not really, I had a good time doing it all. Should I be D'Q'ed? Obviously I'm gonna say no. I still won my fight, and trying to win the current one, but I dropped the alt out of the race so I wasn't being a cheater. If you wanna punish me for that then I don't honestly know what to say xD.

Dato's defense is that his fling was the one on the account. Presumably his insistence also is that she owned the account at that time period, as otherwise it would still by definition be an alternate of his:

Zera Yuki was an account used by current fling. Well, I guess ex-fling now that she ended it. That would be why she's been inactive. Trying to wrestle back for control of the account as we speak so I can keep the character alive because I helped shaped the character. Did I play it for RP? No, I logged on to level it and show her how to level it. She decided to enter the bijū contest on her own, against my strong aversion, for this very same lame speculation.

Did I try to cheat the system? Hell no! Eff that. My honor is one of the only things I got left in this world and I sure as hell ain't going to have my integrity questioned and blasphemed without even being asked what that situation was. Kamui, I thought I knew you better than that.

All I was simply just trying to do is get another dorky person into SL and what I like so I could have someone to talk to about the happenings within this realm I so vastly enjoy. If I am going to get crucifed for that, then that's some straight up bs

Now, Kamui has not provided photographic evidence that the IP's were the same, but based on the response of the accused it's a safe bet that that is not a bluff.

While there are a multiple of branch options, there are two main things that we need to get out of the way:

Consider the two defendants guilty or not guilty and What to do if either party is found guilty.

Rusaku confessed and Dato, rather than continuing with the discussion, at the time of this post preferred to simply hand the Sanbi over to the Council, so the first, I imagine, will not take very long. The second one just might though. Trev had a suggestion for handling a guilty verdict:

Disagree with some here, in fact, I agree with Kay. If it were up to me, I'd strip/ dq them.

Anyway, let the council make a thread and decide, not need for the peanut gallery too. However, I have some suggestions.

1. If the duo are stripped, Athos gets the Kyuubi or fights Madara for it. Dato's foe gets the Sanbi, a chance to fight it, or it gets redistributed with the Mazo.

2. All or nothing policy. If you punish Rus, you have to punish Dato. If you spare Dato, you have to spare Rus.

That, to my knowledge, is the extent of the case that we are faced with. Council members are free to discuss; all others should post in the appropriate thread. To the best of my ability I will help regulate non-Council member posts in this thread, if necessary.

---------------------------------------------

I vote that both of them be found guilty, and that Rusaku's fight with Athos be canceled and replaced with a fight between Madara (if he is still interested) and Athos. In the case of the Sanbi, Shino lost because he did not actively post, so I think it would be better to just throw the Sanbi in with the Mazo, or, optionally, hold a new round for new challengers for it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: Agenda #4 Alternate Accounts and Biju Fighting (Council Only)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 05:40:27 AM »

It was said explicitly that no alts were allowed. But, if Dart is telling the truth, then he'll be wrongfully thrown out, IMO. Which would suck, but he did break the rules.

But, I believe in mercy.

I vote that the offending parties still be allowed to still participate in the matches, but must forfeit 1 alt.

My logic is this: I'm going to assume Dart is telling the truth. Call me an optimist. While we said no alts, we never went super in depth about it. So on the topic of "I share an account with my side piece but I'm rarely on it" is messy at best, and while it is an alt, it sorta isn't an alt. We can get into a crazy legalistic debate about this, but it's SL...we come here to have fun. I don't want one guy to get screwed over this.

Rusaku is also covered by this 'grace'. If he alone just fessed up, I would totally want him kicked out, but because of Dart, it becomes a bit messy. If Dart did fabricate his story and we were to solely kick out Rusaku, Dart would be in the clear because he's one hell of a good bluffer.

So I voted what I did because it really wouldn't hurt anyone in this situation. And like what Trev said, what happens to Dart must happen to Rusaku...I'm paraphrasing.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:01:07 AM by Genesis »

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 06:21:23 AM »

Seconding Eric.

Been trying to keep up between finals, work, and strep throat, but haven't been as active as I was when this whole fiasco started. Trying to work my way back into it.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 06:45:33 AM »

I'm agreeing with Genny. If Dart is honest about the situation with this ex, he'll forfeit that account and keep the sanbi. Rusaku will forfeit the other account since he withdrew anyway. Shadow and Tobias won't care and no one has to have their honor called into question or anything like that.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 07:00:17 AM »

Gentlemen, lets give ourselves a pat on the back because this is our first ever council divide. It took us 4 agendas to get here. I'm tearing up because of this occasion.

By the way, we have no tie breaker since Moon left us.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 07:37:50 AM »

In this "Council Only" thread, I will post one time to simply to provide a suggestion for a reasonable outcome.  ;)

I think the 5th vote should go right to the members.
Create a poll, and have members vote. The members should be heard, in my opinion, for tie breakers for the time being. ^^

Simply a suggestion to keep things moving at a good pace.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 06:30:14 PM »

Gentlemen, lets give ourselves a pat on the back because this is our first ever council divide. It took us 4 agendas to get here. I'm tearing up because of this occasion.

Just in time for election season too. x_x

We never found a replacement for Silver? I thought that we had. But, in any case, much of the membership made their opinions clear in the main thread, but quantative data is always more straightforward.

I"ll basically copy-paste my thread opener here to a new thread, somewhere in village square most likely, and we'll go from there. We'll count votes via post.

Seriously, why is it right when we have no one to tiebreak we have a tie? What are the blooming odds? Oh, and Council Members should not be voting there, I think we already have established our positions on the matter.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 06:48:33 PM »

Just in time for election season too. x_x

We never found a replacement for Silver? I thought that we had. But, in any case, much of the membership made their opinions clear in the main thread, but quantative data is always more straightforward.

I"ll basically copy-paste my thread opener here to a new thread, somewhere in village square most likely, and we'll go from there. We'll count votes via post.

Seriously, why is it right when we have no one to tiebreak we have a tie? What are the blooming odds? Oh, and Council Members should not be voting there, I think we already have established our positions on the matter.

The new council can deal with all that. And I guess we can't vote then.

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.