Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Open up Council Membership to Jinchurikii and Kage [vote]  (Read 4384 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Open up Council Membership to Jinchurikii and Kage [vote]
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 09:52:21 PM »

I really do not see a way around the conflict of interest issue when let's say...oh since Uzushiogakure had most of the bijuu so far...

Their Kage is a council member and one of his jinchs is before the council for an issue...and what? he has to recuse himself from the vote? Well then there we go...4 members and a potential tie and the whole point of having 5 members is shot clear to hell and gone.

And being a jinch automatically biases you toward voting in favor of host/summoner during issues due to how it will effect yourself, rather than not having an oar in the water at all one way or the other.

It's not a very good idea folks. a non-biased council to handle these issues is really the way to go.

If you can't get 5 people to do it, then go for 3. But no jinchs/summoner/kages and/or heads of organizations with a bijuu. Meaning, if Suna has no bijuu, then chusaki would be fine to serve.

I know that when it comes to picking judges for matches, the participants are all very very careful to avoid picking someone that is biased against them and in favor of their opponent.

I seriously do not understand why you are willing to throw that caution to the winds when you are talking about the Bijuu Council itself.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:56:38 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 05:57:34 AM »

I'm surprised at how many people aren't concerned about the conflict of interest... I vote option two.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 06:19:29 AM »

Let them throw their name in the hat. It's then up to the community to pick them if they want. I'm sure they'll take conflict on interest into account should they need to.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »

Not sure if I already voted on my alt, but totes going for option 1 with both of my two votes that you guys always count. ;) Cheers~
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 07:58:44 PM »

I seriously do not understand why you are willing to throw that caution to the winds when you are talking about the Bijuu Council itself.

Because it's coming to the point where the only people who care about the Bijuu and what happens to them are the Jinchuuriki. I know there are others, like you and the current members of the Bijuu council, but besides that we don't really have anyone. Sure, people put in their two cents, but if you look at the topics in these threads, you can see some constant names popping up o.o

I understand the conflict of interest points but it is to the point where that is low on the priority list, in my opinion. If you let a few Jincks on the Council, not only would they have a voice or some sorts, but it would increase the overall number of the council members and opinions. But I do think that there should be more Non-Bijuu affiliated members on the council than the reverse. I think it was Rusaku who said four non-bijuu affiliated and three Jincks/Kage and I think that would work perfectly. Or a structure close to that, though this seems like it would be the best bet.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 03:06:48 AM »

This is not the discussion thread for this. The Council structure thread linked on the first post is.

However, since people are giving conditional votes (which is kind of hard to count) let me reiterate my two cents here. If you can find 5 non-biju and non-kage who want to be on the Biju Council, then I am willing to consider the "conflict of interest" as a problem. Get me 3 and I would be impressed. The Council has trouble filling out its member list, so why NOT let the jinchs and the kages on board? It's not like really anyone else seems to care enough to be on the Council at this point in time.

I'm all ears for alternatives to filling out the slots.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 07:11:46 PM »

damn it

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 05:03:16 AM »

Vote count updated. Taking into consideration the volunteer thread (where Ace, Kamui, and Kayenta, nonjinchs, volunteered, and Trev and Dart, two jinchs, volunteered) throwing a "yes if structure is right" into the "yes" pile seems sensible at this point.

Specific Council points (rather than the general Council discussion thread we earlier had) will be put up sooner or later, sooner if somebody beats me to it (or has already done so).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2016, 06:48:18 PM »

also...once these voting threads are concluded, and the booking has all been updated, locking them is a good indicator that this is not something a person needs to check in order to keep up with their civic duties around here.

thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.