Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Izanagi and the 8th gate  (Read 6424 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Izanagi and the 8th gate
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:56:07 PM »

So, the topic is going to be pretty self explanatory. I'm not calling out Athos, because there wasn't a rule or anything to suggest that this could not be done, but after some examination of other fights where this has happened, and the implications this loop hole could have, I would like to see how the community feels about "voiding" this tactic and making it an illegal move from this point forward. (The ruling here obviously having no bearing on our match.)

My reasons for wanting this removed are obvious. 8th gate is the epitome of the strength any one individual can reach, far exceeding that of the Ten tails Jink if applied properly. The drawback for using this power is that one looses their life after it's use. Now, using techniques that have been explicitly stated to circumvent this drawback are already voided amidst the community. I am of course referring too the body revival technique. I don't see how it's fair that all a person has to do is activate Izanagi, use 8th gate, then from that point forward have a free 5 (or however many) turns of immeasurable power, only to fade away and be perfectly fine in the next round. Minus an eye of course. Though if they wanted, they could rely on sensory techniques and just use another eye to go into 8th gate again. God forbid there is someone with Danzo modifications and can just spam it over. and over. and over again until they are left with only their own eyes, then spam it two more times if the opponent isn't dead yet.

It shouldn't be difficult to see the issue with this tactic. There are always going to be methods of avoiding 8th gate, yes, but just because it can be countered does not mean that it should just be left alone for people to abuse. In an OOC fight, there is no consequence for spamming this tactic in every single fight the person sets foot in. Literally none.

My suggestion, if not outright voiding it? Do not allow this in OOC fights.

Any input on the subject is welcome.     
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Izanagi and the 8th gate
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 12:40:53 AM »

I thought any loophole to avoid dying from the 8th gate was void. Might just be me though.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 02:11:27 AM »

I am more than okay with voiding this tactic overall, despite having used it myself. It is an unfair loophole, not much one can say against that, so I think voiding it is fine.

And Shadow, there have only been specific voids when it comes to surviving the Eighth Gate, the biggest one being the Body Revival technique.

No no voids Izanagi, though, just Izanami(Or whatever that complicated, BS one is).

But no, even I agree that it is a tactic that should be void.

Though while this topic is up, I do have to bring up something as well; what about the Eighth Gate and Edo Tensei Zombies? There is also nothing stopping someone from summoning a zombie, having him completely wreck shit in Eighth Gate, then tagging him out for another zombie or whatever the case may end up being.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 02:31:32 AM »

"Complete Annihilation" (5 turn regeneration period & forced immobilization)
Complete obliteration a.k.a dust release, burnt to ashes, ripped/blown apart, etc.

That is what is keeping people from doing it.

Only 1 ET zombie can be summoned per Jinchūriki challenge.

And that.

Pretty much solves your issues :) 5 rounds in any fight is a looooong time, also there are like 3 or 4 users of Edo.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 04:07:22 AM »

As Hitl-I mean Yujo said, an Edo zombie would still be held to the regeneration clause, and thus forced to be immobile for 5 turns after the 8th gate. So anyone who survives long enough for that period to start, basically wins. Unless they intentionally allow it to reform.

But yeah Shadow there has never been a topic, as far as I am aware of, that has mentioned literally anything about 8th gate and it's relation to Izanagi. If you had gone into a fight and this happened to you, but you expected it to be void already, you probably would have lost that ruling and had to face the consequences. So here we are trying to stop that.

So, leave this open for a few days and see what else is said? At this point I pretty much see this as an open and shut case.

-Jeffrey dahmer

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 05:31:34 AM »

God forbid there is someone with Danzo modifications and can just spam it over. and over. and over again until they are left with only their own eyes, then spam it two more times if the opponent isn't dead yet.

Darn it, I wanted to do this :D

But yeah, I think it should be voided. I don't even think ET zombies should even have the ability to go into the Eighth Gate, or any gate, considering they're a mass of ash. But, that's just my opinion.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 06:01:03 AM »

God forbid there is someone with Danzo modifications and can just spam it over. and over. and over again until they are left with only their own eyes, then spam it two more times if the opponent isn't dead yet.

Darn it, I wanted to do this :D

But yeah, I think it should be voided. I don't even think ET zombies should even have the ability to go into the Eighth Gate, or any gate, considering they're a mass of ash. But, that's just my opinion.

I would say the same, but the Raikage was shown to use the lightning chakra mode, which stimulates the nervous system. A thing one would assume they wouldn't have if they were ash and don't feel pain.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 07:15:34 AM »

I would say the same, but the Raikage was shown to use the lightning chakra mode, which stimulates the nervous system. A thing one would assume they wouldn't have if they were ash and don't feel pain.

Just because it makes sense to us, doesn't mean it applies to Naruto :) Remember, this is a fictional world.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 01:36:10 PM »

I say void it.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 02:05:07 AM »

It was a good tactic to utilize the two in conjunction.

Just because you can't find a way to counter a tactic doesn't mean it should be outright voided.

I, personally, will not be voiding such a strategic and well planned tactic should any of my characters come across it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 03:19:43 AM »

... No no voids Izanagi, though, just Izanami(Or whatever that complicated, BS one is)...

Wait, What the Fox? Are you saying that the ONLY counter to this tactic is generally voided? People seriously accept literal god-mode but not its counter?

I say ban Izanagi and get it over with. 8 gates aint the only suicide technique it could allow you to live through.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 01:19:10 AM »

... No no voids Izanagi, though, just Izanami(Or whatever that complicated, BS one is)...

Wait, What the Fox? Are you saying that the ONLY counter to this tactic is generally voided? People seriously accept literal god-mode but not its counter?

I say ban Izanagi and get it over with. 8 gates aint the only suicide technique it could allow you to live through.

I think they voided that move because it was so incredibly difficult to properly apply in the heat of battle. Camel tried to do it against bocc and it just kinda flopped. If I am remembering correctly. So people just kinda voided it from there based on that.

-Jeffrey dahmer

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 03:37:47 AM »

I think they voided that move because it was so incredibly difficult to properly apply in the heat of battle. Camel tried to do it against bocc and it just kinda flopped. If I am remembering correctly. So people just kinda voided it from there based on that.

I believe, if the fight was long enough, using Izanami would be rather useful to apply if it was applied at the best time. Though, with most fights aiming to end after two-three posts, the concept of the technique can't really be applied since I believe it would at least take about five-six turns to use for this sole goal. Is it not simply a sensory overload into a targets brain and simply leading them to believe they were in an infinite loop like groundhog's day. That could be done with regular Genjutsu with complex layers on top of each other.

With this the target would only be able to Izanagi themselves about twice before succumbing to the technique. At least, that's how I understood it when it was revealed. I haven't read up on it in quite a while. In either case, both of these should be banned if its OOC cause it can be exploited. IC, the drawback would be all the more stressing and the user wouldn't be pressed to use it in every little fight... the same should be said for opening the eighth gate in OOC and any other suicide technique. If you use it, you should suffer the consequences.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 05:31:55 AM »

I believe, if the fight was long enough, using Izanami would be rather useful to apply if it was applied at the best time. Though, with most fights aiming to end after two-three posts, the concept of the technique can't really be applied since I believe it would at least take about five-six turns to use for this sole goal. Is it not simply a sensory overload into a targets brain and simply leading them to believe they were in an infinite loop like groundhog's day. That could be done with regular Genjutsu with complex layers on top of each other.

With this the target would only be able to Izanagi themselves about twice before succumbing to the technique. At least, that's how I understood it when it was revealed. I haven't read up on it in quite a while. In either case, both of these should be banned if its OOC cause it can be exploited. IC, the drawback would be all the more stressing and the user wouldn't be pressed to use it in every little fight... the same should be said for opening the eighth gate in OOC and any other suicide technique. If you use it, you should suffer the consequences.

Agreed. I have no problems with Izanagi, Izanami, or eight gates. But the latter shouldn't be used in ooc fights. It's not fair.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 05:49:25 AM »

I believe, if the fight was long enough, using Izanami would be rather useful to apply if it was applied at the best time. Though, with most fights aiming to end after two-three posts, the concept of the technique can't really be applied since I believe it would at least take about five-six turns to use for this sole goal...

I disagree. A loop can be as long as two minutes or as short as five seconds:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Izanami

The user must then intentionally replicate the same sensation and in the same way, memorise that instant with their Sharingan (represented as: A'). Izanami overlaps and connects these two identical bodily sensations (A and A'), as well as the flow of time between them, creating an infinite loop of events that entraps the opponent's consciousness. The user can also use their Sharingan to remember multiple sensations, (represented as B, C and so forth) and those sensations will also be used when Izanami is activated.

To properly use Izanami, to my understanding, all the user has to do is survive roughly a turn or two of active combat against thier opponent, at the bare minimum. As you said, more turns and more sensations would lead to a longer loop, but time seems to progress differently in the Izanami than it does in the real world. Since Izanami does not require eye contact, the jutsu can be cast at an almost infinite range at almost any time after the visual recording begins, making it useful at the beginning of a the setup for a finishing move; if the target is an Uchiha and attempts to use Izanagi, then Izanami would be have to be used prior to the opponent's activation of Izanagi (so the turn of the finisher, where Izanami could hold their mind in a loop while the attack does them in).

The opponent might try to use Izanagi in the mind, but it's a bit late then. This is my understanding of how the jutsu works.

Interestingly, I cannot find a thread on the forum where we had an extensive conversation about just Izanami. Which is weird for a technique so commonly voided.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.