Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Agenda #5: Gedo Mazo  (Read 7166 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Agenda #5: Gedo Mazo
« on: November 05, 2016, 03:16:34 AM »

Due to a certain someone being very vocal about it (and even threatening to strip the council of the gedo lol), for the very last time, I will call into session the bijuu council. This agenda is concerning the Gedo Mazo.

So, what's the plan?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:21:37 AM by Genesis »

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Agenda #5: Gedo Mazo
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:22:36 AM »

1.) Have a GM event where he fights against it and if he wins, he gets it.

2.) If more than one person throws their name into the hat then he fights them, or we have multiple fights. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 04:50:06 AM »

What if I wanted to throw my hat into the ring? Since I've been vocal about the Gedo mazo for as long as it was hoarded by Kyu then eventually it was given to Warren; who only used it once...I think.

I actually plans for Guruguru that involved the Mazo and the tailed beasts. It was an idea for a final boss that is very similar to Kaguya. except it will be strictly a NPC BBEG. (BBEG = Big Bad Evil Guy/Girl)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »

and then...before Kyu gave it to Warren, he let Hazama use it too.

who is on the council these days anyway? The original players?

I Will point out here, that Athos already called dibs on the thing, so if we...you...are going to let one person rp for it based on first come first served...then it isn't Yujo...

I always felt that until the council decided what to do with the silly thing, that challenges were just jumping the gun and pointless.

And at this point with now 3 known people interested...counting Kamui up there...that first come first served is rather...whoever happens to be online at the time when the council decides what to do with it and happens to make the first post...

rather lame.

I would suggest a free for all.

Announce the sighting of the Gedo Mazo...setting up a thread.
Call for hunters to make opening posts...for one week. to see who shows up, which also sets the order of posting.

then run the RP until one decisive winner rises to the top victorious.

This gets rid of the whole...I was here first...issue.
It insures the most skilled gets it.
It gets rid of favoritism.
And it might even create some interesting RP.

There is something attractive to me about earning the capability of making the 10 tails rather than just handing it out to a claimant.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 05:25:46 PM »

and then...before Kyu gave it to Warren, he let Hazama use it too.

who is on the council these days anyway? The original players?

I Will point out here, that Athos already called dibs on the thing, so if we...you...are going to let one person rp for it based on first come first served...then it isn't Yujo...

I always felt that until the council decided what to do with the silly thing, that challenges were just jumping the gun and pointless.

And at this point with now 3 known people interested...counting Kamui up there...that first come first served is rather...whoever happens to be online at the time when the council decides what to do with it and happens to make the first post...

rather lame.

I would suggest a free for all.

Announce the sighting of the Gedo Mazo...setting up a thread.
Call for hunters to make opening posts...for one week. to see who shows up, which also sets the order of posting.

then run the RP until one decisive winner rises to the top victorious.

This gets rid of the whole...I was here first...issue.
It insures the most skilled gets it.
It gets rid of favoritism.
And it might even create some interesting RP.

There is something attractive to me about earning the capability of making the 10 tails rather than just handing it out to a claimant.

I agree. I want to see whoever gets it, earn it. As you said, if the person wants the ability to put together the ten tails, then they should be able to earn that power, instead of just being in the right place, at the right time.

I personally would LOOOOOOVEEEE to see a free for all. I wanted to see it in the Biju distribution, but no one else did. I feel like it should be Athos vs Kamui vs Yujo vs Gedo Mazou all in a forum post. That would be a hell of a good read, opposed to everyone just using "Instant" techniques against each other for 5 rounds until someone dies from a technicality. 

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 06:20:35 PM »

Would love a free for all. ;) Not cause he has already has a legitimate source of 'infinite chakra', a transformation that gives him a 3x multiplier, and a technique that dismantles things on an atomic level, and definitely not because of the Edo zombie spam that he would never use.  It's totally cause he love the thrills of battle with equal opponents.

I can see you..Yeah you, shaking your head. Stop it right now, you elitist. ;P
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 06:21:19 PM by Hitler-Chan »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 04:42:02 AM »

Due to a certain someone being very vocal about it (and even threatening to strip the council of the gedo lol), for the very last time, I will call into session the bijuu council. This agenda is concerning the Gedo Mazo.

So, what's the plan?

Give that someone 8 middle fingers and continue to sit on the manifest until it seems reasonable to hand it out.  8). I'm only half joking, what's the rush on the Mazou, seriously?

Based on the discussion already going on, I actually propose returning the Mazo to a claimed item instead of leaving it as a tailed beast, and then going from there. 'Cause it's not a tailed beast, and truth be told, I think it was only voted on to make it one in order to get it into circulation.

Outside of that suggestion, a free-for-all does sound like a change of pace.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 06:05:43 AM »

Nothing like passive-aggressive temper tantrums to make me want to give someone what they want.

Between my body trying to kill itself, my classes piling up on themselves, and work deciding that I need to cover extra shifts outside of my availability, I neglected to take care of some dumb trophy one of you gets to hold and maybe swing at someone once to prove you have it.

But whatever, just gonna throw my vote to Kay's free-for-all thing.

I'll check in and throw a vote next time ya'll need me.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »

Yes Eric. I am also opposed to it being a tailed beast. It was being used as a claimed item by the rules for such things and was only made a bijuu so Bocchiere could get his hands on it through bully tactics and getting like minded people to chime in. I was against it then and if this THEFT is going to be overturned, it should go back to Warren.

It was not right that mob mentality consensus, a bunch of robbers voting it's ok to change the rules so they can get their hands on something, was able to get away with stealing another player's claimed item.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 07:07:44 PM »

So happy I decided not to talk in these topics anymore. Until now just to be smug. Love ya. <3
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 07:19:23 PM »

Yes Eric. I am also opposed to it being a tailed beast. It was being used as a claimed item by the rules for such things and was only made a bijuu so Bocchiere could get his hands on it through bully tactics and getting like minded people to chime in. I was against it then and if this THEFT is going to be overturned, it should go back to Warren.

It was not right that mob mentality consensus, a bunch of robbers voting it's ok to change the rules so they can get their hands on something, was able to get away with stealing another player's claimed item.

Absolutely not! If you return it to being a claimed item, it will never be seen again. Warrens a cool guy, but he is NEVER going to let anyone have that Mazou. Ever. Just like the Sword of Totsuka, this item will sit and gather dust in someones numerous claims and never see the light of day. You're essentially ending any possibility of several people achieving their goals, and that's ridiculous.

I don't see the appeal of closing down avenues of RP. This situation just makes for being a villain less interesting, because you cannot achieve the final form that was shown in the Canon. I have said it before, and I will say it again: Please stop being biased against Villain characters.   

Even if you tried to create a less biased event where the people who have already displayed interest had the opportunity to fight for it, instead of just giving it to Warren because reasons, it still creates the possibility that whoever does get it, will just hoard it from the rest of the community like Warren did previously. It needs to remain an item that can be challenged for. There is no obvious reason to revert back to the old ways, because there is nothing wrong with what it was made into.

As an obligatory note, I have NO DESIRE to get the Mazou. I got what I want, and now I'm going to enjoy the RP that I can make with it. I'm just trying to defend other tailed beast hosts who have displayed interest in attaining the vessel in order to progress their own villainous plots.   

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »

I do have to say, I don't like the idea of claims in general, and so I do want the Mazō to remain in circulation like the beasts.

I am not at all opposed to the free-for-all idea, however, I do want to add this possibility:

Free-for-all style RP events are completely unpredictable as to whether they will or will not create player complaints, for any number of reasons. I have been (pleasantly) surprised by the relative lack of player complaints about how the process of re-distributing the beasts went (once the council had formulated the structure for how this was to be done).

So, I just want to put it out there that for the Mazō, we could follow the same structure as the competition we just had for the beasts. Announce that Athos and Yujo are currently slated to head-to-head, winner takes the Mazō. Allow others to voice if they would also like a shot. Set up a randomized bracket.

I am suggesting this because I think all perceive it to be quite fair and we see minimal-to-no player complaints. It's just another suggestion, because I would also support the free-for-all, I would just bear in mind that the free-for-all may be situation that generates more discontent.

So there's another possibility, that's all. (:

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »

Oh please Rusey, don't bring in the whole evil guy bias thing into this, that garbage was just something Bocchi made up to try drive his own goals forward.

All in all there's a rather simple answer to this.

While its an item, its easier to count as a 'beast' because A, organizing reasons, and B, I have a nagging suspicion if its made into an item yet 'challengeable' somebody is sooner or later gonna try use that as an excuse to turn every claimed item/anything into 'challengeable', so its better not to go there at all.

Plus well, its mainly just the same few 'competitive' people that mess with the beasts that have any interest in the thing besides me anyway, so there's no harm letting them brawl over it like rest of the beasts.

Further still, you don't even have to consider me into this IC-wise either, assuming if anyone ever gets to even mention the thing outside of forum without being bogged down by challenges. I never acknowledged having lost the thing to Bocchi in the first place, so you gaiz can do whatever you want with the 'official' mazo, I'm still gonna keep mine >>

And just so you all can be particularly lazy about it if you desire, I'll even make it even easier. If any of you competitives do feel the need to absolutely make up a reason the mazos out and about ownerless, you can just pretend after Kyu disappeared his stuff went to me, except the mazo which somehow got free and went to go about its business on its own, or was commandeered by rogue zetsus or whatever, iunno.

That way nobody has to try character control or claim stuff about anyone, I keep my stuff and mazo, and you guys get your own mazo, and everybodys happy. Well, unless whoever gets it plans to RP with me about it later on, tho I suppose that'll be an issue for me and said person to deal with whenever if ever such an occasion should arise.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 10:27:25 PM »

It should absolutely not return to being a claimed item. I don't actually have a problem with doing that, but if you were to do it, it would have been when the mazo was given to the council. You can't say you will redistribute it after the biju, then pull a 180 on everyone.

As for how to redistribute it, if you want to be simple and trouble-free, do the free for all. If you think it should be harder to obtain, you could do in investigation type rp. Leave tons of clues around the SL world that lead to other clues. Have some dead ends thrown in there, and whoever figures out the "location" of the hidden mazo, fights it.

Obviously that method is much harder, but up to you guys.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 11:26:01 PM »

I like that a free-for-all was suggested, which is something I am down for. But! After reading the commentaries, one of you basically confirmed one of my fears; hoarding claimed items. (I took the liberty of posting the options for this redistribution at the bottom of my post.)

If Warren wants to claim that he still has his own Gedo Mazo, after this redistribution takes place. By all means, go ahead. I will be blunt and tell you that you're basically becoming what you've been trying to avoid by claiming something, before a discussion is even finished about it. (Creation of All Things? Remember that?)

Ace asked me to keep an eye out and make sure that this whole distribution process goes fairly for everyone. Now I will only ask you this only once, Kayenta and Warren. Do you, no are you going to be fair about this and actually proceed with this process that is currently underway or are you going to go behind everyone's back? Or are we going back to same old thing and basically someone will hoard this summon--yet again.

C'mon! It's not us against you, but you have to admit that it was already getting ridiculous seeing all of these passive-aggressive posts and watching this whole discussion that was going smoothly at first, fall apart. I understand the stigma with 'evil' characters on this game, but we can't let our feelings and grudges with other 'evil' characters get in way of all of this.

Option 1: Free-for all bracket with all of those who basically want a chance at the Gedo Mazo.
Option 2: We have tournament-style bracket and the winner of it all, gets the Gedo Mazo--after a Gamemaster event is done first by the winner.
Option 3: Same as above, but no gamemaster-style RP will be involved.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 1.06 seconds with 16 queries.