Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Agenda #5: Gedo Mazo  (Read 7155 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Agenda #5: Gedo Mazo
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 11:50:18 PM »

... It was not right that mob mentality consensus...

*cough* democracy, working as intended *cough* And I would be the first to burn before I agree to just giving it back to Warren, or giving it to anyone for relative free.

...This situation just makes for being a villain less interesting, because you cannot achieve the final form that was shown in the Canon...   

What's the point in being a villain anyways? I ask this not sarcastically, but seriously. Except for curse seal and a rap like Bocc, why bother going the route of villain, or even trying to be one? The dark side has a cake filled with lies and calories while the light side has a drink brimming with euphoria and cholesterol.

Option 1: Free-for all bracket with all of those who basically want a chance at the Gedo Mazo.
Option 2: We have tournament-style bracket and the winner of it all, gets the Gedo Mazo--after a Gamemaster event is done first by the winner.
Option 3: Same as above, but no gamemaster-style RP will be involved.

Option 1. Make sure to have a judge for the event.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 12:39:22 AM »

Option 1. Make sure to have a judge for the event.

I think we will eventually get around to that, it all depends on which option is chosen. Tournament-style brackets will require a judge for each participating match, while a free-for-all will only require one judge.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 01:26:46 AM »

Believe we sorted out rest of the misunderstandings Camel, but still no idea what you mean with COAT, so PM'd you about it.

If someone else misunderstood they can PM me in turn.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 02:17:34 AM »

Alright, I feel like the general consensus is that there's gonna be a free-for-all.

Will there be a thread announcing this? How many max occupants? How will order be established? Last man standing or ten post limit and control the flow of battle crap? Etc.?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:18:06 AM by Genesis »

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 02:25:44 AM »

I think if anyone else was going to speak up, they would have. Athos hasn't spoken on this topic, or the other one, at all, so we can assume he doesn't care anymore. Auto-giving him a spot in the tourney seems silly considering he hasn't voiced an opinion about the thing in months.

I say 4 person max, 4 week time limit, 48 hours being the max time a participant can take to make a post before immediate DQ. Randomize the post order so there aren't any immediate advantages to a single person. Agree to the Zone type (Zone 6), and pick a judge that has shown to be fair and unbiased.

If neither Trev or Shadow have any interest in joining, I'd elect one of them to the role, though that kind of shit-show would be a goddamned headache, so I doubt they'd necessarily want to, but to start circulating names, I'm game for them.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 01:12:31 PM »

First of all...

lol

I stated my opinion on the status of the Gedo Mazo being a bijuu instead of an item. That is hardly passive aggressive.

Secondly, I also stated how I wanted to see it be a free for all event.

Thirdly, I am not assuming anything about Athos' desire concerning the Gedo Mazo to be anything other that what it has always been...and that is, that he is quite eager to make it his own.

He often works 60+ hours a week in order to...well same as anyone, to live... while having major health issues at the same time. So his silence certainly is not an indication that we should just assume anything in his mind has changed about wanting this statue. I believe that he is the only one who has actually RP'd using the thing on SL for combat?

So Camel...do not be wondering if I am going to be going behind anyone's back because I openly remind everyone that I am opposed to the current status of the statue. I was very much against what was done and was still the one running the RP for Bocchiere to get it. I was still going to run the open event for the community of people who wished to have it until some pretty rude remarks were made about how I would not be able to manage GMing such an event.

I believe I have shown that regardless of if things go my way or they do not go my way that I am willing to help facilitate the wishes of the community. The current bijuu rules are full of things that I do not like. But it is what was voted upon and there we are. A compliant Kayenta. Everytime.

This does not mean I will keep my voice silent. I will let you know when i do not like something...everytime, same as I have always done.

But it is not about having things my way, but getting people together to decide how things will work, then sticking to those rules.

Currently the Gedo Mazo is in council hands, and whatever they decide to so with it is what I will support. Even when I do not agree.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 07:12:05 PM »

I think if anyone else was going to speak up, they would have. Athos hasn't spoken on this topic, or the other one, at all, so we can assume he doesn't care anymore. Auto-giving him a spot in the tourney seems silly considering he hasn't voiced an opinion about the thing in months.

Gotta love when people put words in your mouth,

like this dick I'm gonna drop in Yujo's.

^ That is how you fail at being passive aggressive, people.

But no, on a serious note, don't try and use me being busy as a reason to exclude me from this. Especially seeing I was the first person to gun for the Mazo when it was up in flames again. Hell, if anything, this is the first time anyone BUT me has shown general interest in the Mazo. And if I didn't know better, part of me would say you're doing it because I showed interest in it. But that would be like me saying the world revolves around me, which is clearly doesn't.

Anyway, I don't care what method is used, though it seems like it is gonna be this Free-For-All choice. Just let me know when it's time to crack some skulls.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:14:25 PM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 07:16:29 PM »

I believe the FFA would be too messy and would still turn into 1v1 as people tend to single out a specific target in mind whether due to confidence in defeating same individual or from previous affiliation with said individual.

A tournament would be more organized, focused, and overall easier to judge and watch. My vote goes to Tournament.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 05:24:14 PM »

So I see the council vote thread is up on this FFA thing. But now we have three contestants, Athos, Yujo, Thecurse...While 20 days seems a good enough time frame, 7 posts per person to the last man standing seems a bit short sighted.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »

Forgot to mention that I am throwing my hat in the ring. Not a 'what if?' from me, but more of a confirmation that I will *try* to earn the Gedo Mazo in a fair manner. That and I have to keep myself busy, can't be getting rusty with zone/bijuu fights. :oops:

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 09:02:21 PM »

So I see the council vote thread is up on this FFA thing. But now we have three contestants, Athos, Yujo, Thecurse...While 20 days seems a good enough time frame, 7 posts per person to the last man standing seems a bit short sighted.

Agreed. Just flesh it out for the full 20 days until someone has overwhelmingly claimed victory.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 02:12:09 AM »

If we are going to have a FFA, we should have a time limit on how long someone can take to post their reply.

For instance, let's say, each person takes a generous 3 days to post, each. First person posts, if we're lucky two others post on the same day, but the last guy posts the next day.

19 to go.

Guy 1 takes another day to post, 18.
Guy 2 gets a bit busy, 15
Guy three posts next day, 14.
Finally, we get through the first real round of combat after guy 4 posts the next day, 13.

A week goes by and we go through 1 round of combat. And let's be completely honest with each other, not everyone is even going to post an entrance on day one, or two xD

I hate the idea of people being able to put up 4000 character long posts, doing shinigami knows what, stalling till the time is up (Getting busy), then having the judge have nothing else to look at but the Wall of Text no Jutsu you put up and winning because of it. That's not earning, it's rubbish. While I would never accuse any of the other contestants, *cough* athos *cough* Curse *cough* (What? Did you actually think I wasn't going to?), it's a completely viable strategy if allowed, even if done unintentionally.

I say 24 hours is a fair limit, we get through a round of turns every 4 days Max, and give the eventual judge something substantial to work off of when making his decision. And please, don't go through to the 'people have lives' argument. If every other person takes 12 hours or so to post, you've got mad time between your last post, and this one.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:14:15 AM by Hitler-Chan »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 05:08:56 PM »

I agree some limiter has to be set cause if not it will eat up the 20 days. But i think 24 hours is too small a time frame. I know it will be impossible for everyone to show up every day for 20 days in a row.

This is not something we even expect from a jinchuriki.

How about saying:

You have 20 days to complete the match.
It would be nice if you posted something everyday.
But if you do not post something in 3 days time, your turn will be skipped.
If we have to skip you a second time, you will forfeit the match.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »

I agree some limiter has to be set cause if not it will eat up the 20 days. But i think 24 hours is too small a time frame. I know it will be impossible for everyone to show up every day for 20 days in a row.

This is not something we even expect from a jinchuriki.

How about saying:

Except, there are what four contestants? If they all take the max time to post (many people do). That's like 1 round or two at most.

If you're going to do a free for fall, extend the days. Like 40-60 day time limit, with a 2-3 (preferably two) timer. Then add in Kay's rule about at first being skipped, then being dq'd. 20 days for 4 or more people won't work.

I know people don't want to wait, but if you want to do it this way, it has to be. Hell, I think SL once waited like half a year for the Nibi to be sealed we can wait 40-60 days.

Also, I don't think the 40 day thing is outrageous. If there were four contestants in a tournament style, there would be at least two matches that lasted two weeks = 28 days.

So your taking the same amount of people, making them fight all at once and giving them 8 less days...
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 06:38:33 PM »

How about this concept?

- You have twenty days to complete the match.
- Participants must post every forty-eight hours.
- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)
- In a rare event that the match doesn't complete itself within twenty-days and it will fall upon the judge to decide the winner based on kept the flow of battle consistently in their favor, dealt the most damage and was the most counter-productive competitor.

As for character limits like Yujo suggested, that is entirely up to you. The way I see it, if you go over the character limit on the forum and have to make two parts for your posts. You're either a very good roleplayer and can basically be descriptive up to the point that even the minute detail that was missed by your opponent will be turned against them. Or like Yujo said, you have a very twisted strategy of winning by doing a wall of text and basically wasting the judge's time by describing how your clothes are in sync or how the winds of change are blowing in your favor and vice-versa.

I am not particularly fond of making the FFA last a whole month, just because we had to skip someone; thus increasing the duration that this FFA will go on for.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:41:26 PM by Camel »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.