Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Agenda #5: Gedo Mazo  (Read 7150 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Agenda #5: Gedo Mazo
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »

You have 20 days to complete the match.
It would be nice if you posted something everyday.
But if you do not post something in 3 days time, your turn will be skipped.
If we have to skip you a second time, you will forfeit the match.

How about this concept?

- You have twenty days to complete the match.
- Participants must post every forty-eight hours.
- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)
- In a rare event that the match doesn't complete itself within twenty-days and it will fall upon the judge to decide the winner based on kept the flow of battle consistently in their favor, dealt the most damage and was the most counter-productive competitor.

As for character limits like Yujo suggested, that is entirely up to you. The way I see it, if you go over the character limit on the forum and have to make two parts for your posts. You're either a very good roleplayer and can basically be descriptive up to the point that even the minute detail that was missed by your opponent will be turned against them. Or like Yujo said, you have a very twisted strategy of winning by doing a wall of text and basically wasting the judge's time by describing how your clothes are in sync or how the winds of change are blowing in your favor and vice-versa.

I am not particularly fond of making the FFA last a whole month, just because we had to skip someone; thus increasing the duration that this FFA will go on for.

Idk Camel. Unless someone clearly wins, it will be hard on a judge. Deciding between two people is hard enough. In both Kurama matches, I judged, the fighters went through about five rounds. 5 Rounds in about 14 days, give or take. For this situation, you get six more days but are doubling the fighters. It'll be hard for a judge to pick a winner.

Under your suggestions, the fight may look like this

Day 1:
Contestant 1 entry post

Day 3:
Contest 2 entry

Day 5:
etc

Day 7:
etc

Day 9:
Contestant one, round one.

Day 11-15
Round one

Not even enough time for two rounds. Though this is a somewhat worst case scenario.

If anything, I think the fourth combatants should get together and decide their own post limits and day limits. It will, after all, affect them the most. Or rather than giving it a day limit; set a post limit of 5-10 rounds. As a  somewhat used judge, 5 rounds is about the min you can get away with for being able to somewhat declare a winner.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 10:38:25 PM »

How about this concept?

- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)
- In a rare event that the match doesn't complete itself within twenty-days and it will fall upon the judge to decide the winner based on kept the flow of battle consistently in their favor, dealt the most damage and was the most counter-productive competitor.

As for character limits like Yujo suggested, that is entirely up to you. The way I see it, if you go over the character limit on the forum and have to make two parts for your posts. You're either a very good roleplayer and can basically be descriptive up to the point that even the minute detail that was missed by your opponent will be turned against them. Or like Yujo said, you have a very twisted strategy of winning by doing a wall of text and basically wasting the judge's time by describing how your clothes are in sync or how the winds of change are blowing in your favor and vice-versa.

I am not particularly fond of making the FFA last a whole month, just because we had to skip someone; thus increasing the duration that this FFA will go on for.

Idk Camel. Unless someone clearly wins, it will be hard on a judge. Deciding between two people is hard enough. In both Kurama matches, I judged, the fighters went through about five rounds. 5 Rounds in about 14 days, give or take. For this situation, you get six more days but are doubling the fighters. It'll be hard for a judge to pick a winner.

Day 1:
Contestant 1 entry post

Day 3:
Contest 2 entry

Day 5:
etc

Day 7:
etc

Day 9:

Day 11-15
Round one

Not even enough time for two rounds. Though this is a somewhat worst case scenario.

If anything, I think the fourth combatants should get together and decide their own post limits and day limits. It will, after all, affect them the most. Or rather than giving it a day limit; set a post limit of 5-10 rounds. As a  somewhat used judge, 5 rounds is about the min you can get away with for being able to somewhat declare a winner.

Actually, if it takes more than two days to post an entrance then it stands for disqualification. By your chart if the first contestant made his entrance post before the other contestants and they don't post before the time slot allotted; well you basically just decided the match right then and there.

Twenty-four hour time slot would also be messy, but it would keep the time span slightly less than twenty days as it stated should last. This limited time slot will be privy to abuse, since anyone can either drop-out and give the other the win or they could have something come up that would take up most of their day; giving the win to the other.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 10:46:01 PM »

60 day limit sounds pretty good.

Skipped twice in a round = Disqualification sounds good.

48hr time limit to post sounds good.

With it being 4 contestants, that essentially gives each contestant 15 days to decide the fate of the match, 7 if they extend the 48 hrs to the max. That's enough meat to really allow a judge to actually judge.

It isn't like anyone is going anywhere soon with the Gedo Mazo in RP so why not make it longer?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 10:58:47 PM »

How about this concept?

Day 1:
Contestant 1 entry post

Day 3:
Contest 2 entry

Day 5:
etc

Day 7:
etc

Day 9:

Day 11-15
Round one

Actually, if it takes more than two days to post an entrance then it stands for disqualification. By your chart if the first contestant made his entrance post before the other contestants and they don't post before the time slot allotted; well you basically just decided the match right then and there.

Twenty-four hour time slot would also be messy, but it would keep the time span slightly less than twenty days as it stated should last. This limited time slot will be privy to abuse, since anyone can either drop-out and give the other the win or they could have something come up that would take up most of their day; giving the win to the other.

My chart assumes a post order, and not someone randomly starts it, and the other 3 have two days to jump in.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 08:37:16 PM »

My chart assumes a post order, and not someone randomly starts it, and the other 3 have two days to jump in.

Oh really? I could've sworn that taking your time for an entrance post, really should count towards a disqualification. That and attacking in the same entrance post, which I've seen on here.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 08:48:44 PM »

That and attacking in the same entrance post, which I've seen on here.

Taking any action in the first post, I hate that stuff so much x.x
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2016, 07:04:34 AM »

Oh really? I could've sworn that taking your time for an entrance post, really should count towards a disqualification. That and attacking in the same entrance post, which I've seen on here.

I could be wrong, but I still believe you got whatever the post limit is to post your entrance post (in this situation, 2 days.) Unless the contestants agree to a start date and say they need to post that day. Else someone could just start the fight thread on a day that doesn't exactly work for the opponents. I've seen many a fight where the two foes didn't exactly post an entry post on the same day, and were several days apart, but under a week.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »

I find that setting a number of posts, or setting a number of days for the whole event to be completed really isn't required. It takes as long as it takes, the fight going on until one emerges victorious could be quite interesting.

To set the limiter on how long a person has to post is the real issue, to keep it active and moving along. But as long as fighting is going on, I do not really see an issue with how long it takes. Rping actively is the main goal. Why have a dead line for how long it takes to achieve a victory?

Entrance posts typically are just supposed to be for showing up. Period. If An announcement is made for the event to take place, and a council member makes the thread on that date, then the posting order could be set by first come first served basis after that point.

To keep the starting date being a bad day for someone, the time limiter of 48 hours could work for the entrance post too. Just in case.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »

I find that setting a number of posts, or setting a number of days for the whole event to be completed really isn't required. It takes as long as it takes, the fight going on until one emerges victorious could be quite interesting.

To set the limiter on how long a person has to post is the real issue, to keep it active and moving along. But as long as fighting is going on, I do not really see an issue with how long it takes. Rping actively is the main goal. Why have a dead line for how long it takes to achieve a victory?

Entrance posts typically are just supposed to be for showing up. Period. If An announcement is made for the event to take place, and a council member makes the thread on that date, then the posting order could be set by first come first served basis after that point.

To keep the starting date being a bad day for someone, the time limiter of 48 hours could work for the entrance post too. Just in case.

Completely disagree with a lot said here.

I've been apart of these type of things, and I have no intention in sitting here for the next 5 months waiting for people to figure out how to not die, while also scum up the rest of the battlefield. Aside from that, no, you're quite wrong about the 'goal' here; this thread isn't called the "Agenda #69: Activity", it's about the Gedo Mazo, and who it will be distributed to. The activity between 4 people in an OOC event, on a Forum of a re-skinned Forum called Shinobilegends means nadda. The goal here, and I think I can speak for everyone participating (feel free to correct me), is to beat up some kids, and take the statue for later use.

Sorry not sorry if I come off aggressive, but it's not your time you are talking about being so free, and 'interesting'. If you were involved in the RP, I'd gladly rally the other participants to vote against that suggestion, but even so, I don't think I would have had to.

48 post limit. ~30 Days. 2 skips = DQ. No further questions your honor.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.