Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gedo Mazo Sterilization  (Read 4668 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Gedo Mazo Sterilization
« on: November 16, 2016, 01:59:05 AM »

So let's see...who's DNA has been collected by the statue?

I count seven possible such sources of contamination.

Yumei, Kyu, Kayenta, Hazama, Kamui, Trev, Warren

Bocchiere never actually touched the thing in rp.

So...can we get a cleansing ritual before this thing is just handed out? Should we? My thoughts are divided upon this issue. Were I on the council I would seriously consider a sterilization procedure before prize day commences. But then...it would be a conflict of interest then as I am one of the possible characters effected by a DNA ripoff. So...damn. I would have to stay quiet on that issue.

Good thing I am not on the council! I don't like being silent.

I really don't want someone out there who can actually zone with my powers running around. The rebirth of Kyu and Yumei? Tell me, just how many Trevs, Warrens, Kamuii, and Hazamas does it take to destroy the world?

I shudder at the back door left wide open on this hour of our doom.

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Gedo Mazo Sterilization
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 04:31:20 AM »

Some of those names...The possibility...

*Jolts awake from his ambitious daydream*

Oh...Hey guys. Yeah, totally cleanse the thing. I honestly didn't even think about the DNA that statue possesses, but now that I am, my minds a-racing with opportunity. Power release? I realize the stuff was broken, but the aesthetic was magnifique.

Back on topic. There exist too many ways to manipulate that kind of treasure around here, I say it's best to wash the slate clean and remove that all together.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 04:58:53 AM »

yeah. i didn't even want to mention it in case someone hadn't thought of its potential vileness. But w/e
it could be fun to see someone use Kay as the powerhouse she really is.
but nah...I lived through the Yumei days once already.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 05:29:56 AM »

Set it back to default. Only makes sense.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »

...I shudder at the back door left wide open on this hour of our doom.

Thankfully certain Council members are taking their sweet ass time voting (yes, that fact does annoy me, it annoys me alot right now actually) so we can discuss this "back door".

Why was the DNA put in there in the first place? I mean, you are not going to tell me that all of those characters had relations with the statue.

I joke, I am confident that that at least didn't happen, but what is the deal with the DNA being in there in the first place? What is the point of sterilization at this point beyond not making people confront the reality of their DNA storing habits.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 07:17:26 PM »

I rather not forego all these years of RP that took me to even come across this knowledge. Thanks for bring it up, but no thank you. You can go about your way about this and I'll do the same, I won't even get mad about it nor will start a complaint in the form of another thread.

Shoot! You might as well erase any knowledge that anyone has ever obtained with bijuu, that was we can have fights that are actually creative instead of "Yu-Gi-Oh!"inspired battles where you basically have to use the power of retcons and metagaming in order to win.

If it means something, Kamui actually has no plans for the Gedo Mazo. I never even stated whom I was going to fight for the Gedo Mazo, so that is basically up to your imagination to see which character I use.

Funny thing that I saw on your list was that Bocchiere never touched the thing, the dude may have never touched it but he possessed the knowledge to find it. What was stopping him from obtaining it? Some guy named Warren.

PS: Athos actually used it before too in a village invasion, can't remember which village but it was used as a summon. Sooooo, you might want to double-check your list again for inconsistencies.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 08:02:23 PM »

PS: Athos actually used it before too in a village invasion, can't remember which village but it was used as a summon. Sooooo, you might want to double-check your list again for inconsistencies.

Nah, she's right. I used it on Hazama against Kiri, though, with Kyu's permission and consent. It caused a shit storm in Kiri and from all their people, go figure, but yeah.

I don't think all RP pertaining to the Mazo or people's knowledge should be erased, but I do agree that the DNA slate should be cleared, at the least. God only knows, man. Next thing you know, you've got people pulling Bocch's, like how he claimed to have a certain person's blood stored in a statue and then tried to use it to kill said person.

We don't need more shit like that.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »

Nah, she's right. I used it on Hazama against Kiri, though, with Kyu's permission and consent. It caused a shit storm in Kiri and from all their people, go figure, but yeah.

I don't think all RP pertaining to the Mazo or people's knowledge should be erased, but I do agree that the DNA slate should be cleared, at the least. God only knows, man. Next thing you know, you've got people pulling Bocch's, like how he claimed to have a certain person's blood stored in a statue and then tried to use it to kill said person.

My bad. I must've mixed up Hazama with Athos, this was a simple mistake on part. I can't keep tabs on who is who these days anyway, and usually something is bound to slip my mind.

But I do recall the disaster that befall that invasion, no one could get along and the flow of battle kept getting interrupted for whatever reason--not too mention that it was basically done without notification. I can understand why no one would want this to occur again, although a little bit has changed since then. I did events that were similar to what you described and I asked ahead of time, collaborated with and in the end everything turned out perfectly fine for all of us. (Maybe this happened because of the village? I don't know. Never had a problem with my village invasions as of these days)

So this would mean that characters based off the those trapped in the previous Infinite Tsukiyomi are to be cleaned? (I'm talking about the Zetsu creatures that some of us have as characters.)

I never really got how something can get cleaned, when it is terms basically voided. Might as well call it like it is to begin with rather than say it is "cleaning".

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »

My bad. I must've mixed up Hazama with Athos, this was a simple mistake on part. I can't keep tabs on who is who these days anyway, and usually something is bound to slip my mind.

But I do recall the disaster that befall that invasion, no one could get along and the flow of battle kept getting interrupted for whatever reason--not too mention that it was basically done without notification. I can understand why no one would want this to occur again, although a little bit has changed since then. I did events that were similar to what you described and I asked ahead of time, collaborated with and in the end everything turned out perfectly fine for all of us. (Maybe this happened because of the village? I don't know. Never had a problem with my village invasions as of these days)

So this would mean that characters based off the those trapped in the previous Infinite Tsukiyomi are to be cleaned? (I'm talking about the Zetsu creatures that some of us have as characters.)

I never really got how something can get cleaned, when it is terms basically voided. Might as well call it like it is to begin with rather than say it is "cleaning".

I would hope our Zetsu would be cool, I love Fumei >>

But I think all Kay is suggesting is voiding the DNA that is inside the Mazo belonging to actual players on SL. This way, let's say... I dunno, freaking Curse wins the Mazo and then takes our DNA out of it, gets a Jashin friend or some crazy shit, and kills us all? O.o She is just suggesting taking that possibility away, I think. Keep everything else the same, the Zetsu, what the Mazo has been through, who knows about the Mazo.. All that smack... And just change the fact that our DNA is in it <<
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 09:47:53 PM »

I would hope our Zetsu would be cool, I love Fumei >>

I surely hope so, since I don't want to make Guruguru an NPC unless I really have to.

But I think all Kay is suggesting is voiding the DNA that is inside the Mazo belonging to actual players on SL. This way, let's say... I dunno, freaking Curse wins the Mazo and then takes our DNA out of it, gets a Jashin friend or some crazy shit, and kills us all? O.o She is just suggesting taking that possibility away, I think. Keep everything else the same, the Zetsu, what the Mazo has been through, who knows about the Mazo.. All that smack... And just change the fact that our DNA is in it <<

Honestly that DNA is really useless, already been integrated into the husk so long that any DNA extraction will just end up being just genetic fluid; not blood or that plasma nonsense. The only usage this type of DNA extraction would only work is with the select player base that has Edo Tensei. I recall that the only genetic fluid that can be used for the Curse Technique is blood, unless I can magically create a Zetsu-like clone of the intended victim and that clone happens to have blood; which doesn't make sense at all.

You're basically retconning and metagaming to ensure that you kill this person, which isn't tolerated on here that much anymore since the departure of certain someone, and same applies for that statue that was used for the Curse Technique.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:03:34 PM by Camel »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »

whoa whoa whoa...

I am not suggesting we void the world here.

I just wanted to make sure that no one could make zetsu of the people who had rp contact with the gedo mazo in SL history.

If that seems like some major BS to people, then whatever. We will deal with the actions of the new owner as they occur.

here...have a snickers bar Kamui.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:56:10 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 10:01:01 PM »

QUESTION:

It was my understanding that once the DNA imprint was within the statue, that it contained all it needed to make Zetsu of that individual. It was not my understanding that once a Zetsu was made of that individual, that the DNA information was used up and lost. It still would contain the bluerpint of the person and could make as many of them as it wished.

So...is this incorrect? We are not talking Edo Tensei here where genetic material is used up after creation. The knowledge, the DNA data, the recipe for the individual person would still be recorded within the Gedo, The statue contains tons of organic material to actually make a body, all it needed was the code to personalize them for identity theft.

Yes? No?

hmmm...

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 10:11:52 PM »

Here...have a snickers bar Kamui.

I knew that I was missing something in my life just about now.  :cool:

Quote from: KayentaMoenkopi
QUESTION:

It was my understanding that once the DNA imprint was within the statue, that it contained all it needed to make Zetsu of that individual. It was not my understanding that once a Zetsu was made of that individual, that the DNA information was used up and lost. It still would contain the blueprint of the person and could make as many of them as it wished.

So...is this incorrect? We are not talking Edo Tensei here where genetic material is used up after creation. The knowledge, the DNA data, the recipe for the individual person would still be recorded within the Gedo, The statue contains tons of organic material to actually make a body, all it needed was the code to personalize them for identity theft.

Yes? No?

hmmm...

If we go by canon information, the creatures of the Gedo Mazo are in fact mortals that were trapped in previous IT(Infinite Tsukiyomi) and ended being integrated into the statue--meaning that their genetic structure slowly turned over time and made them into what we now call "Zetsu".

Which is why I said that even if you did manage to extract the DNA of a certain someone from the statue, it would either at this point be useless by the contamination or you would only have enough viable and undamaged genetic material that can only be used by users of ET(Edo Tensei).

Shoot! You won't even have to do the previously stated, all you have to do is basically abuse Substitute technique to obtain the genetic information that you need for both the Curse and Edo Tensei technique. It'll take longer if you go the latter way, which is understandable that this issue was brought up in the first place.

PS: I recall that Madara had integrated the DNA of Hashirama into the statue in order to cultivate an variety of husks that were known as "Zetsu". However later on in the series, this was revealed to be false. Instead the Zetsus were explained to be previous victims of the IT and everything that Madara said or done was retcon in some form.

PPS: I'll admit this. Obito magically gaining usage of Mokuton wasn't fully explained, I just assume it was from the DNA of Hashirama. Later on came to find out that it was due to the Zetsu that helped him survive his horrific injury of being crushed on one side of his body. Predominantly and oddly enough the creatures derived from the statue can use a rudimentary from of Mokuton, so really it is up to the imagination at this point to what one can get from the statue that will have some sort of benefit.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:21:32 PM by Camel »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:39 PM »

hmm...perhaps we need an accepted this is what the gedo does...listing for sl?

I don't know. maybe its best to just leave that up to the new owner. Whatever he can force the thing to do...as long as he explains it and its not just hand waving cause i said so stuff...

I don't want to stomp out creativity. but for things that potentially can steal another character's whole persona it would be nice to have some level of protection here.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 03:19:42 AM »

hmm...perhaps we need an accepted this is what the gedo does...listing for sl?

I don't know. maybe its best to just leave that up to the new owner. Whatever he can force the thing to do...as long as he explains it and its not just hand waving cause i said so stuff...

I don't want to stomp out creativity. but for things that potentially can steal another character's whole persona it would be nice to have some level of protection here.

I can't help but object to the cleansing of the statue. There is no sense in doing it beyond, ""I'm wary of what the new owner will do with it". There was a calculated risk in putting the DNA into the Mazou in the first place, and I for one think that the DNA established to be there should remain there.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.