Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)  (Read 22342 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 07:10:39 PM »

I've seen Felecia and Ashley both on like yesterday so I assume they are.

Ashley, I know for sure is active. Felecia on the other hand, I haven't seen a response from him on this thread in a few weeks actually and I've seen his responses on other threads; just not this one.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:57:16 PM by Camel »

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 09:08:02 PM »

Who the fuck gave you permission to use RL names? >>
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 01:29:00 AM »

Of the people in this thread I think everyone knows everyones real names. >> Changed
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 03:50:17 AM »

I have nothing to do with this, so I don't know why I should be participating in this particular thread.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »

Who the fuck gave you permission to use RL names? >>

<< so it that your post to say you're still interested?

----

And the last thing we were all talking about was the time limit and such but I think the first things we should handle are; Deciding on a judge(still say Trev) and deciding what to do with the Mazo during this fight.

The council had planned to have a GM play the Mazo and for it to play a part in the FFA. I am not against that but we are deciding things right now so we have to talk about this, us being those still interested in this, and if we do decide the Mazo is still suppose to be fighting with us then a GM is gonna need to be decided, too.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »

I've seen [individual 1] and [individual 2] both on like yesterday so I assume they are.

[individual 1], I know for sure is active. [individual 2] on the other hand, I haven't seen a response from him on this thread in a few weeks actually and I've seen his responses on other threads; just not this one.

Of the people in this thread I think everyone knows everyones real names. >> Changed

That's not the point, this is a public forum you know. Anyone can view the thread. If anyone does not want their real name on this forum thread and/or has not given you permission to use it in such a public setting, then I suggest you just go ahead and remove their real name(s) from your post(s).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:16:39 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 08:09:48 PM »

Quote from: Eric
That's not the point, this is a public forum you know. Anyone can view the thread. If anyone does not want their real name on this forum thread and/or has not given you permission to use it in such a public setting, then I suggest you just go ahead and remove their real name(s) from your post(s).

I don't see the big deal about this, think about it. We are a time now where people from our community gather together at a public social network and not too mention, we just happen to have list of each players and their characters on that group. Shocking. Why would I need permission when that list basically tells me who is who? I'll edit my post, but next time please give me a citation from this rule that says that I need permission from that player. (I didn't even use full names, geez.)

PS: You might as well edit your post as well Eric. You used their real names without permission too.

Quote from: Rusaku
I have nothing to do with this, so I don't know why I should be participating in this particular thread.

Whoops. I assumed you wanted in on this FFA, but your response tells me otherwise. :oops:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:15:35 PM by Camel »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 08:15:13 PM »

I don't see the big deal about this, think about it. We are a time now where people from our community gather together at a public social network and not too mention, we just happen to have list of each players and their characters on that group. Shocking. Why would I need permission when that list basically tells me who is who? I'll edit my post, but next time please give me a citation from this rule that says that I need permission from that player. (I didn't even use full names, geez.)

PS: You might as well edit your post as well Eric. You used their real names without permission too.

It's called common courtesy Kamui, there is no explicit rule for that.

And the edit shall be done.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »

Wouldn't common courtesy be irrelevant, since their is a character list on the Shinobi Legends Facebook group? I would think so. I mean, why list your character on there and expect to not know who everyone is, when that information is publicly available for everyone to see? Kinda of silly to get worked up about isn't it? Either way, it is still to be determined to whether Yujo is mad or joking around, I'm pretty sure it is the latter.

Quote from: Athos
And the last thing we were all talking about was the time limit and such but I think the first things we should handle are; Deciding on a judge(still say Trev) and deciding what to do with the Mazo during this fight.

The council had planned to have a GM play the Mazo and for it to play a part in the FFA. I am not against that but we are deciding things right now so we have to talk about this, us being those still interested in this, and if we do decide the Mazo is still suppose to be fighting with us then a GM is gonna need to be decided, too.

I have no problem with Trev being selected as the judge for this FFA. The only question remains is he up for being the judge? If not, we have to select someone else for this FFA.

From what I read up from what Eric typed up, there isn't going to be a gamemaster-involved event. I posted below what was drafted up by Eric and voted upon by the remaining active council:
If it is free-for-all, then a judge for the free-for-all is the only difference this is going to be from a massive zone fight, except:

- 7 posts per combatant (including entry posts) seems to me to be fair.
- The Mazou will not take place in the fighting. It will be awarded to the winner.
- The stage will be Mountain's Graveyard
- The last man/woman standing wins, or a judge's decision at the end will determine the winner.
- The fight will last no more than 20 days from the opening post.
- In the unlikely event of a draw, the Mazou remains with the Council.

I don't know if anyone agrees to this or the rules that we drafted up in this thread. If so, I'll have to do some changes to rules that Eric drafted up.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:29:50 PM by Camel »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 08:38:42 PM »

Refer to this, in regards to Trev, AJ my good man;

I don't really care who wins this fight, and I've never been particularly biased in a fight before. Heck, one of the guys advocating for me (Athos) was told by me that he lost a fight a few weeks ago, and he still wants me >.>

I've always been fair, and if you guys want me to be there, just make it unanimous and ask.

I also wouldn't be opposed to sharing judging duties as Athos suggested. I can see how it would cause problems, but having multiple judges on to settle this fight might make it easier. Heck, you guys could utilize Eric, Dato, and myself. I judge fights like a boxing match anyway, mine as well have three scorecards.

So yeah, if you want, I'm around.

--------

From what I read up from what Eric typed up, there isn't going to be a gamemaster-involved event. I posted below what was drafted up by Eric and voted upon by the remaining active council:
If it is free-for-all, then a judge for the free-for-all is the only difference this is going to be from a massive zone fight, except:

- The Mazou will not take place in the fighting. It will be awarded to the winner.
- The last man/woman standing wins, or a judge's decision at the end will determine the winner.
- In the unlikely event of a draw, the Mazou remains with the Council.

I wasn't sure if we were going to use this or not, either. The only things I disagree with that are typed up here are the 20 day posting limit, which we had been talking about before the inactivity spike from us all, and the seven posts from each party.

I mean, the seven posts part isn't actually too bad but will it be enough? Remember that it is technically only six posts from each person because the entrance post also counts as one o.o But that is besides the point. Seven is always the lucky number.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 09:01:29 PM »

Wouldn't common courtesy be irrelevant, since their is a character list on the Shinobi Legends Facebook group? I would think so. I mean, why list your character on there and expect to not know who everyone is, when that information is publicly available for everyone to see? Kinda of silly to get worked up about isn't it? Either way, it is still to be determined to whether Yujo is mad or joking around, I'm pretty sure it is the latter.

Better to err on the side of caution as far as I am concerned, especially since I'm not a part of that particular group and thus have little idea who is on there and who is not on there.

- In the unlikely event of a draw, the Mazou remains with the Council

The six post limit was to keep this free for all from taking, well, a very long time. Presuming everyone posts once a day then at the earliest it could be concluded in a week's. Obviously that is unrealistic, because this many people fighting each other at once is not a norm for biju fights, so it will take a bit more thought (I imagine) from the combatants, especially since if it devolves into who can survive the 6-jutsu apocalypse better. And thus more time.

In any case, only half of the current Council members actually voted. I for one have no objections to merely using this set as a framework rather than the rules verbatim.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 04:04:46 AM »

Better to err on the side of caution as far as I am concerned, especially since I'm not a part of that particular group and thus have little idea who is on there and who is not on there.

I guess in your case, it's better to be safe than sorry. I can't say I blame ya for the paranoia, since any little thing done or said these days can make anyone upset.

The six post limit was to keep this free for all from taking, well, a very long time. Presuming everyone posts once a day then at the earliest it could be concluded in a week's. Obviously that is unrealistic, because this many people fighting each other at once is not a norm for biju fights, so it will take a bit more thought (I imagine) from the combatants, especially since if it devolves into who can survive the 6-jutsu apocalypse better. And thus more time.

Considering that two more combatants are entering the fray of this FFA, I figured that I use the post limit that you made to make everything more easier for us all. (Remember that including the entrance posts, the total of posts is in fact seven.)

In any case, only half of the current Council members actually voted. I for one have no objections to merely using this set as a framework rather than the rules verbatim.

How do you feel about the revisions that I've made below? No objections?

Quote from: Revised Edition

- The stage that this FFA will take place will be at the Mountain's Graveyard.
- You have twenty days to complete the match.
- There will be a limit of seven posts per combatant and this will include the entry posts made by each participant.
- Participants must post every forty-eight hours.
- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)
- In a rare event that the match doesn't complete itself within the twenty-day limit, it will fall upon the *decided* judge to decide the winner based on kept the flow of battle consistently in their favor, dealt the most damage and was the most counter-productive competitor.

I combined both drafts and kept some aspects of both rules in this new set I revised up. I hope that no one has any conflicts with the revisions that I've made to accommodate us all. Either way, just let me know what you think of these revised set of rules.  (I want to hear from the participants as well.)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 07:48:37 AM »

If I am not wanted to be a judge for this event, then I'm joining this brawl as well.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2016, 09:15:47 AM »

If I'm going to judge this event (which it seems like I might be) I HIGHLY recommend axing the 20-day limit. Keep it to 7 posts max per person and a 48-hour time limit.

With this many people, unless everyone posts every day, or someone kills everyone in one post, I will not be able to decide a winner off 2-3 post, which is how many we will get if lucky with that many people.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 06:15:48 PM »

If I'm going to judge this event (which it seems like I might be) I HIGHLY recommend axing the 20-day limit. Keep it to 7 posts max per person and a 48-hour time limit.

With this many people, unless everyone posts every day, or someone kills everyone in one post, I will not be able to decide a winner off 2-3 post, which is how many we will get if lucky with that many people.

I was just thinking about this. The limit on days was just fine but if you look at how many people there are now, limiting by a number of total days does just seem silly now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 19 queries.