Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: The sexism is real  (Read 3458 times)

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
The sexism is real
« on: November 28, 2016, 02:21:55 PM »

So I've talked to some girl players on SL and there seems to be a 'wall' with how the game acts to each sex.

Male players get buffs, exp, etc from interactions in the forest. Hinata, Pervy sage, and so on.
Female players on the other hand get molested by the pervy sage (Like what the fuck?) and no boost with Hinata.

Those are the only examples I remembered where the game was 'sexist' but there may be more.

Could you make it fair for all players? Thanks.

-----------------
Also as a side note when you get engaged to someone both profiles say fiancée which is the female form of the word. Whereas fiancé is the male form of the word. In the United States the word fiancé has come to be unisex, but historically it's as I wrote. Could you also adjust that to be specific for each sex or just change it to fiancé.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The sexism is real
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 10:55:08 PM »

So I've talked to some girl players on SL and there seems to be a 'wall' with how the game acts to each sex.

Male players get buffs, exp, etc from interactions in the forest. Hinata, Pervy sage, and so on.
Female players on the other hand get molested by the pervy sage (Like what the fuck?) and no boost with Hinata.

Those are the only examples I remembered where the game was 'sexist' but there may be more.

Could you make it fair for all players? Thanks.

-----------------
Also as a side note when you get engaged to someone both profiles say fiancée which is the female form of the word. Whereas fiancé is the male form of the word. In the United States the word fiancé has come to be unisex, but historically it's as I wrote. Could you also adjust that to be specific for each sex or just change it to fiancé.

Regarding Pervy sage, I mean, what are your suggestions for changing that? 'cause it's Pervy Sage, an improvement I guess would be for him to ask first, or for the NPC to try to flirt with the player character. I for one wasn't aware that female characters get molested, I thought they too had the option to peek through the fence hole.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:26:42 PM »

Guys also get beaten to hell and their weapon trashed with Hinata if they're a creep about it, so I wouldn't really call that sexism.

Jiraya tho I'm not sure about. Both have the option to peek, no auto molesting, so its not like you don't have the option to avoid it. Guys can also get beaten to an inch away from death. I have this odd recollection a certain secret thing regarding him might be easier for females, but I've never been able to verify it, at least not yet.

Yomi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Agony's Embrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 06:50:41 AM »

I believe the Hinata event has been tweaked a bit for those women who prefer the same gender. I can't recall him being 'easier' when it comes to females, which is why I changed my gender to male... to avoid getting him to follow me and gape at my backside. >>;; But then again, I may be wrong.

I'm a straight up villain.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.