Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Council Vaccancy  (Read 2131 times)

Ace

• View Profile
Council Vaccancy
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:27:19 AM »

What do you guys think is the most appropriate action if a council member steps down before an election is held? After we get some solid ideas, we can discuss the details about, "what if someone steps down 1 week before elections, etc.." Happens in politics a lot, appointments-- so their majority or ideology/legacy remains.

We need to get this done before the next council, please.
My general thoughts, if someone steps down simply have the council appoint.
Reason, we generally take a couple of weeks with elections anyway-- too long for a vacant seat.

I have absolutely no objections though if a better idea is proposed to streamline the process.
I will put this up for a vote in the coming week, so let's get this done. =)

How many votes can a council member miss or not participate in before action can be taken by his/her colleagues for immediate removal?

Thoughts? Brief and to the point please. I'll be putting this up for a vote in the coming week. Stay silent and that will be on you-- don't complain later on, thanks!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:32:19 AM by Ace »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Council Vaccancy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 03:39:47 AM »

If someone steps down, then I say the council has the ability to appoint a emergency fill-in (by majority vote of current members) until next election.

As for missing votes, well, it's my belief that only active players should be on the council anyways so unless a really good reason is given, then I say can only miss 2 votes before being available to be booted and replaced (by majority vote of current members).

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 07:25:43 AM »

The definition of an active player is pretty sketchy and hard to  prove.

Anyway, I feel that if a member misses three votes he should get the boot. No need to vote on that if it is just how it works.

I spoke just now in the vote thread. Should have put this here but didn't see it until now.

If we have 7 members, and five people must show up to vote...at least, then we have a bit of room for activity issues not to completely lead to a break down in the efficiency of the council.

I of course would not hold it against someone if they need to take a short leave...not just drop off the face of the earth and never be in communication with the other council members. Communication goes a long way to making this not such a hateful thing.

But eventually, if you are not voting then what use are you?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 02:30:38 PM »

I don't think it should be based solely on votes missed. What if we have 4 topics that need votes in the span of 3 days or something like that?

Hold them to the same standard as active bijuu holders are. 7 days inactivity = kick
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 07:08:26 PM »

Well in the likely scenario that someone from the council drops out or leaves, that vacant seat should go to the runner-up of the council election. We have eight candidates, seven of them will be chosen; so I don't see the problem with making the odd man/woman out the back-up in-case something like what I described above happens.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 12:29:43 AM »

Well in the likely scenario that someone from the council drops out or leaves, that vacant seat should go to the runner-up of the council election. We have eight candidates, seven of them will be chosen; so I don't see the problem with making the odd man/woman out the back-up in-case something like what I described above happens.

+1
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 01:13:47 AM »

Current options for the poll:

Vacancy goes to runner up
Council appoints new member
Week election for new member to be appointed

Any more guys?

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 03:04:45 AM »

+1 to Council Runner-Up if (s)he is active

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.