Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Council Inactivity  (Read 2479 times)

Ace

• View Profile
Council Inactivity
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:31:45 AM »

If a similar topic has been created, please point me to it. =)

How many votes can a council member miss or not participate in before action can be taken by his/her colleagues for immediate removal?

With anything, no one is forcing anyone to do something that requires an extra bit of effort. So, I would hope people step down, but time and time again, we know that doesn't happen. Inactivity permeates with staff, and I have done my part to address that behind the scenes, and it has and it will exist with the council. So, let's get real and address the issue and solve it now.

Thoughts? Brief and to the point please. I'll be putting this up for a vote in the coming week. Stay silent and that will be on you-- don't complain later on, thanks!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Council Inactivity
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 07:26:30 AM »

I think 3 is the magic number for me. Is this topic on here twice?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 02:32:34 PM »

As said in the other topic I don't think it should be based on votes, but instead on days.

If we have to vote on 2 things in the span of... a month then effectively they can still be on the council.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:54:05 PM »

As said in the other topic I don't think it should be based on votes, but instead on days.

If we have to vote on 2 things in the span of... a month then effectively they can still be on the council.

Yeah but using that same example, if they are only needed twice in a month then why should they be penalized for not getting on for a week in-between the votes? If they don't stop doing their job, then they should be fine.

But even though I said this, I actually agree with Shadow about it being based on days. Because with my point and what shadow had said, anyone can sit down and stay on the council if all they need to do is show up for a few hearings here and there but what happens when there is only a hearing a month? A person can be inactive for a whole month, save for the week a discussion/happens,  and be fine. Hell, someone can miss almost two months of SL and log back on when there is a vote, completely unaware of the ongoings on SL.

Going by votes is something that could easily be loopholed.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 07:06:13 PM »

How about this?

If you're inactive for a week without prior notification to any of the current council members, you will be kicked out for inactivity. In layman's terms, if you're inactive for a voting session for an entire week without any sort of notification; consider yourself out of the council.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 09:32:06 PM »

Having been a Council member, I can say that when there only 5 people on the Council and 3 don't vote at that time juncture, right then and there it becomes critical for replacement consideration.

Okay, so we have 7 Council members, and say 5 have already voted for the same thing. Numerically speaking, the last 2 Council Members have no opportunity to sway the vote with just their own vote aone, and so while their opinion on the matter could change the vote, a vote by itself will not.

On the other hand, a even Steven 3-3 would mean that the last duck to goose will decide the thing. If the deadlock remains as a direct result, then this should be treated differently than the aforementioned scenario.

Also, are "votes" and "opinions" regarding a topic counted as the same thing in this activity test? Because one requires more effort than the other.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 01:12:33 AM »

Alrighty, good points all around!

I'll be making a vote topic for all, what options should be listed.
ANY and all are welcomed. We will get this done quickly. =)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 09:10:36 AM »

Yeah but using that same example, if they are only needed twice in a month then why should they be penalized for not getting on for a week in-between the votes? If they don't stop doing their job, then they should be fine.

But even though I said this, I actually agree with Shadow about it being based on days. Because with my point and what shadow had said, anyone can sit down and stay on the council if all they need to do is show up for a few hearings here and there but what happens when there is only a hearing a month? A person can be inactive for a whole month, save for the week a discussion/happens,  and be fine. Hell, someone can miss almost two months of SL and log back on when there is a vote, completely unaware of the ongoings on SL.

Going by votes is something that could easily be loopholed.

I can't read the testimony of people who talk in the discussion thread over the issue, go around and read the RP...and decide with intelligence if I am not lurking around SL nearly everyday of the week being ignored by everyone?

Come on, this place is like a soap opera. You miss a week and come back and its the same old same old. Not that hard to stay informed.

But you miss the discussions and the votes? Well then you are not going your council job.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 06:02:53 PM »

What options would people like to see on the poll that all members can vote in to be like?

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 17 queries.