Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bijuu Council Decision: Nine Tails Challengers  (Read 3596 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Council Decision: Nine Tails Challengers
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 05:12:29 AM »

... I didn't know that it was "cool" to bend bijuu rules like that. If I actually take this information into consideration, the honour of the fight should be Genesis's. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. I mean what's next? We start bending more rules and will only stop when it doesn't have any benefit to that character? I feel like I am treading on slippery slope from here on forth and I don't think it'll end well with regulations, but no rules...

This is not the first time a challenger has been allowed to challenge "early":

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8031.msg216998.html#msg216998

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8145.0.html

I had no one in my challenge list and no one really objected to the allowance so I reasoned it was ok in the end to start the match. Now, we are almost 2 whole years since then (man... almost 2 years since all those threads) and this is the first time I'm really noticing it. Then again, whether people go early in cooldowns is not exactly something I go around hunting for.

And let the record go that I at least did think that it was a legit challenge thread:

I for one think that this is a good stopping point for the dirtiness of this Challenge Thread.

Given the correspondence after Kamui asked if it was spam or not, the main thing I see as a point is:

So, I recognize this as an official challenge. I realize this thread seemed like a joke, but Gen has assured me that it was very real. We are currently in debate on if Athos should take priority or not considering he made a more serious challenge. More to come.

"a more serious challenge", not a more valid challenge. As far as I believe, Genesis should take priority.

But, what's this about the host starting anther fight? Anyone got more details on that tidbit?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 12:53:25 AM »

From what I've seen, Athos had a behind-the-scenes deal to fight Rusaku earlier than the supposed cool-down date and they would put up two bijuus in that fight. I don't know what happened, but Genesis went and made a public post to make his challenge "legitimate", but in the end it devolved into spam. Despite everyone jumping in and saying that the challenge was public and legitimate, when it was spam to begin with and I am the "fun police" for pointing this out. Ironic, if you ask me.

Now when I was a Jinchuuriki, I had honor all of my challenges and went with the first person that either mailed me or had to go with a list that was passed onto me by the previous jincuuikri. The very next day or that same day, me or my opponent would have a thread up; depending in the order of who is challenging who.

The point is that the challenge should start at private mails then you can go from there to a public setting of either forums or zones. No one gets to cut in line by being sneaky and making a public post to state your challenge, when there was someone ahead on the list. I am not trying to be a spoil sport here, but this is all from my perspective.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 03:50:02 AM »

I guess everyone's decided this is a problem for the new council, but I'll throw my lame-duck opinion in.

Genesis should have first dibs.

He made a public challenge when none existed.
Athos was still technically on challenge cool-down and did not have that lifted by the Jinchuriki until after Genesis' challenge was made, thus anything they talked about was just that, talk, and not an official challenge.
Thus Genesis should get first dibs, winner gets Athos, should he want to go through with his challenge.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 09:32:08 AM »

So Genesis and I have an issue we need the council to decide on.

He made his "official challenge" for the 9 Tails and it was so silly that everyone, including the challengee and a moderator thought it was a joke and it was moved to spam.

Meanwhile I made a deal with Ryoji that I would get to fight him sooner than the challenge cooldown allowed for if I won another bijuu in a fight. I won the 7 Tails today and this evening Ryoji and I started our pre-fight discussions as per our agreement.

Then Genesis comes back insisting his challenge was legitimate and that he should get to fight Ryoji before me.

So we need a call on who gets to go first.

My logic of course is that I should go first because if your challenge is so ridiculous that everyone thinks it's a joke and the host starts another fight, that's the challengers fault, and he should be held responsible for it, not get to cut ahead of me.

again...pleaase. Everyone. These back door deals need to be documented in your challenge threads to avoid future clusters. Hosts need to be book keeping or maybe they should be stripped if they can't manage that sort of task? I just don't know...

just a heads up to you all...the first one of these that crosses my desk as a council member and there is no challenge on the forum thread will get laughed at. If it's not written in your challenge tracker...it didn't happen.
do your job and i will do mine.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 09:49:52 AM »

1] Forum Account and Challenging the Host
  • A host must have/create an SL forum account.

• Challengers will also have/create an SL forum account.

• Challengers and hosts may have more than one OOC match going on at the same time.

• A host must create a thread with the name of his or her bijuu in the title to the Bijuu Arena board, and use this thread to: state his or her preference for battle, keep a list of challengers, indicate if he or she is a new host and when his or her grace period will be over, and post any notices of absence.

• A host cannot be challenged for his or her biju until after his or her 14 day grace period is over. After a host's 14 day grace period has ended, a challenger posts/issues a challenge to the host of preference as a reply to the thread of that particular beast for which they are interested in competing. The challenger must post to the host's preference thread to make a valid challenge. The host should also be notified by the challenger via SL PM (Shinobilegends Personal Message) that the challenger has issued a valid challenge.

• After losing a challenge, the defeated challenger may not challenge the same host for the same beast for 3 months. However, he or she may challenge this same host for a different beast in his or her possession without waiting.

• Challengers must check forum host preference threads to stay informed of the current status of the host.

• After arrangements have been made between the host and challenger, a post to indicate what terms have been accepted will be made to the host's thread.

• Challengers must also post a notice of absence in the thread of the host they are currently combating and/or challenging.

The challenger's thread calling you out is not enough. You might have someone ahead of him already. Keep your lists posted for official challenges. Note the preference thread is not a separate thread a challenger creates. Note: for an official challenge. The actual challenge thread is not created until it is that person's turn to face the host.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.