Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: FYI: ALL Host and Challengers MUST comply with the RULES [MOD ATTENTION!!!]  (Read 12658 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: FYI: ALL Host and Challengers MUST comply with the RULES [MOD ATTENTION!!!]
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 11:43:01 PM »

I'll go clean up the list/preferences up a bit. Meant to do it a while back and just completely forgot about it, however let me know if I miss anything.

NO! Leave them separate threads!

EDIT/ADD: Keeping then separate threads then allows the challenger to formerly post to that jinc's thread for all to see so we don't have the shady, behind-closed-doors deals and 'agreements'. Keeping them separate threads keeps accountability.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:46:41 PM by Dāto Terumī »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 11:48:04 PM »

I'll go clean up the list/preferences up a bit. Meant to do it a while back and just completely forgot about it, however let me know if I miss anything.

NO! Leave them separate threads!

*exasperatedsigh*

Too messy to leave them in separate threads. I even pointed this out before and Kayenta wanted the list to be up-to-date, not rearranged.

I mean really, it's not that hard to find the preferences thread that is stickied in the bijuu arena these days anyway; too many complaints about what I did and I'll revert everything.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: FYI: ALL Host and Challengers MUST comply with the RULES
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 12:46:38 AM »

And it is not being done by the rules.

Fix it.
The multi thread is a mess. people can not accurately update their information and take official challenges as per the rules in there.

it needs to be individual threads, just like the rules say, for a very good reason.

The catch all one needs to be done away with. Unpinned. Scrapped. we have a jink list. that is enough of a one stop place to see who has what.

I'll get on to that. Might take a little bit on mobile but I'll work on it.

*Edit:

After seeing Bocchieres up there, I think it would ve wiser on my part to default back to:

Remake your threads. When all 9 are back up then the aforementioned thread will be tossed formally. Shouldn't be hard since you can just copy and paste your information from the thread linked here.

If that doesn't seem reasonable to you guys then I'll wait to do it when I'm in front of my conouter next.

@Athos: each biju.

Boom. That's 3 votes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:49:52 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 02:06:36 AM »

I don't care either way, although I know a few members wanted individual threads, so all challenges could be posted there. That way no one could claim, well so  and so challenged me before hand via message.

As a compromise, can you put the individual thread within a sub thread? Do you have that ability? Like turn the biju challenge guidelines into a topic thread and when you click it, it showcases everyone's individual thread? This way, everyone has an individual thread that people can post in, and not make some many separate threads so messy
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 02:36:45 AM »

I don't care either way, although I know a few members wanted individual threads, so all challenges could be posted there. That way no one could claim, well so  and so challenged me before hand via message.

As a compromise, can you put the individual thread within a sub thread? Do you have that ability? Like turn the biju challenge guidelines into a topic thread and when you click it, it showcases everyone's individual thread? This way, everyone has an individual thread that people can post in, and not make some many separate threads so messy

+1
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 04:39:59 AM »

I +1 Trev as well, except it should be under the Biju and the Host should just be on the top with the list of challengers and when they switch hands, it can just be edited accordingly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:43:23 AM by JayJay »

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 05:54:43 AM »

Kamui, I thank you for organizing that thread with the preferences in it.

A host must create a thread with the name of his or her bijuu in the title to the Bijuu Arena board, and use this thread to: state his or her preference for battle, keep a list of challengers, indicate if he or she is a new host and when his or her grace period will be over, and post any notices of absence.

I do not see one host who has made a personal thread to keep track of their beast, preferences, challenge list, and activity log...

The above is what started this thread. Each biju should have its own challenge thread or, as suggested earlier, said thread can be done per host with a compilation of the beasts. All of the posts/threads combined into one requires the hosts to make their own threads anyways in order to comply with the rules. Rather than stickying them, link them on the current jinchurikii listing. Remember to post updates to that thread so that changes can be kept track of.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

As Eric said, as I said, as everyone voted it to be done, and has not been put into action yet...please.

Just each player, at the every least, keep one separate thread to put the preferences in for the beast(s) and/or alts they hold within the first post of their thread...clearly marking who has what.

Then people can communicate with the player about challenges and everything in one place without it getting lost among other people's challenges.

This also needs to be where inactivity notices are posted to verify compliance with the voted upon rules.

THIS IS NOT BEING REQUESTED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYONE NOT DOING THEIR JOB!

There is nothing wrong with realizing an old system just doesn't do the job it should in these modern times. The rules have been updated, and now in compliance with those rules, the tracking of bijuu activity is also being brought up to date.

NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS THAN JUST WHAT THESE WORDS SPECIFICALLY SAY WITHOUT HIDDEN MEANINGS ANYWHERE.

TL;DR:
not being a bitch Kamui, just want the record keeping method updated to fit the new rules. It was a simple fix for a problem in communication I saw going on.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile

Why name a thread "Bijuu Challenge Preferences and Challenge listings", but still want to keep two separate threads for each subject? I did what needed to be done and I actually clipped some old postings that have no place in there. Now we have an up-to-date listing that is easily accessible and can modified by the players, but not too mention the postings in that thread are on topic.

Although the issue of inactivity is lies with those that haven't made a posting within that thread. Record keeping is a big responsibility for the jinchuuriki and it must be complied with, otherwise you risk losing that bijuu.

TL;DR

The hell? First there was a posting in there for me to clean up the list, now there is some rule that specifies that I need to separate 'em and that it is simple fix to a problem that was going on? The lack of communication lies with the player behind that character, not the rules and certainly not the thread that I cleaned up.  :-?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

Camel my love...

the old preference list with all the hosts in one spot, it was out of date and needed to have current hosts only in there. And it is a wonderful job that you did cleaning it up.

However, since my request that it be cleansed, we have had massive cluster fucks going on with challenges.

And as the rules state...which are much newer rules than the old multi-player preference list that you so skillfully updated...each player must have their own thread...because...

They need to keep their things updated, but also to provide a place for challengers to make official challenges. Each post will be time stamped. There will be no question who got there first. No more using pms for back door under the table deals which confuse and muddle the issue.

And no need for each host to wade through what will be endless pages of posting to find the ones that are for them! And no need for a mod to go in and ever edit it again!

won't that make your job much easier? I know you have tons of things to do just on the forum, let alone on the actual site as a mod, plus in your RL too.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:15:26 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Eric

• View Profile

Went through on Kamui's cleaned up thread and separated some of the individual biju that remained. Stickied the individual ones and pending on the remaining individual ones.

Of course, going through, I realized that what I just did was so stupid I should receive a Prize for it.

Since each Biju needs to have its own challenge thread anyways, to save on further confusion, I will make 9 threads for each of the 9 biju; each host will subsequently post their preferences and current challengers as necessary to each biju that they happen to have ownership for. Each new challenger will then post their official challenge to that thread; when the beast changes hands, the new host makes a new POST in the biju's thread with their preferences, and the challengers' challenge posts continue on from there.

It is is line with the rules (the thread has the name of the biju has in the description) and makes this whole challenge thread (which is done per biju since the challenge lists carry over anyways) transition thing less of a task in the future.

*PS

As of this point, all 10 of the biju have their own thread. Each thread looked ugly as heck stickied altogether, so a link to each thread is present on the "Current Jinchurikii" thread. Additionally, I am going to try to add in some of the preferences that were earlier separated from Kamui's cleaned up thread.

If you do not see your preferences/challenger list thing posted within a day or two of this edit, PLEASE add yours yourself.

I hope I have saved more heartache than I may have caused.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:41:34 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile

If you do not see your preferences/challenger list thing posted within a day or two of this edit, PLEASE add yours yourself.

I'm faintly inpatient but I did mine for you, Eric <3 Try and make things a little easier for you.

Eric

• View Profile

I'm faintly inpatient but I did mine for you, Eric <3 Try and make things a little easier for you.

Thanks.

Now I just have to see if this deals with the challenge thread issue once and for all.

PS

Make sure each thread's challenge list is only for that biju's challengers, not a compilation of all of your challengers overall.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:00:25 AM by Eric »

Hazama

• View Profile

Thanks.

Now I just have to see if this deals with the challenge thread issue once and for all.

PS

Make sure each thread's challenge list is only for that biju's challengers, not a compilation of all of your challengers overall.

Oh I wish I was just compiling all my challengers, but that is my challenger list for each of my beasts, as it stands until the council makes it decision.

Eric

• View Profile

Thanks.

PS

Oh I wish I was just compiling all my challengers, but that is my challenger list for each of my beasts, as it stands until the council makes it decision.

Oh. Right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.