Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update the Edo Tensei Rules  (Read 5414 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Update the Edo Tensei Rules
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 12:11:17 AM »

I don't see why. The only reason the clone rule was made was because back when we thought they literally had infinite chakra some people (maybe me) just made like 50 or 100 shadow clones at a time and it was agreed that was way overboard.

The update specifically notes that you can't make any more clones than you could when you were alive though. As long as we understand that you can't like make a clone and then let both of you fill back up to 100% and do that over and over again the rule is really no longer needed, since the issue it was addressing is no longer an issue.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 12:17:37 AM »

I don't see why. The only reason the clone rule was made was because back when we thought they literally had infinite chakra some people (maybe me) just made like 50 or 100 shadow clones at a time and it was agreed that was way overboard.

The update specifically notes that you can't make any more clones than you could when you were alive though. As long as we understand that you can't like make a clone and then let both of you fill back up to 100% and do that over and over again the rule is really no longer needed, since the issue it was addressing is no longer an issue.

I suppose, but it makes it harder to seal the Edo Tensei which I take issue with. Anyway, I'll quit raining on your parade and being a stickler and wait for other opinions lol. Maybe minds have changed.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 02:56:43 AM »

@ Shadow:

I Would not mind a change to SL. The goals of RP would have to change, in my opinion. Rather than being acquisition driven, I believe a system where storyline and character development could be beneficial to all.

Stat systems, especially how much chakra, how fast, how strong...these things that are currently impossible to measure against another person's claims...make certain aspects around here impossible to achieve.

There are systems out there that do, however, make encounters between individuals easier to determine. When you have cooperation between players working toward goals and character benchmarks instead of trying to be top dog of the heap and be a trophy hunter.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 03:46:40 AM »

I don't want any new nerfs, but I would like some updates to the rules itself. An issue I would like to bring up is techniques that deal with regeneration of organs and chakras.

For example, how do you account for the Regeneration ability and White Strength Seal/Strength of a Hundred Seal? Wouldn't it drastically alter the regeneration rate of the zombie itself or not?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 06:01:31 AM »

White Strength Seal is basically created by storing chakra for a very long time to create the seal, which many people do utilizing other methods anyway. As for the Creation Rebirth, I don't see the point of combining it with Edo Tensei because they function differently. CR causes your cells to replicate alarmingly fast (think Wolverine) while ET turns your body into an ashy/paper kind of material that just materializes any damaged portions. No cells involved.

Do ET even have living cells technically? Since they don't bleed or anything, I always kind of figured the only 'living' portion of them is the body used as the base and the DNA used to make them. I guess CR wouldn't even work on an ET person...Though I guess if an ET lives long enough, they could use the WSS. At the same time, the meta of this game basically invalidates the need for the WSS because everyone has infinite chakra anyway.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 09:41:13 PM »

White Strength Seal is basically created by storing chakra for a very long time to create the seal, which many people do utilizing other methods anyway. As for the Creation Rebirth, I don't see the point of combining it with Edo Tensei because they function differently. CR causes your cells to replicate alarmingly fast (think Wolverine) while ET turns your body into an ashy/paper kind of material that just materializes any damaged portions. No cells involved.

I figured that the regeneration rate that comes along with being zombie itself could negate that passive ability, since it requires living cells in order to be fully utilized by that individual. Madara displayed the regeneration ability soon after he was revived and never used it as a zombie himself, so that means some restriction still apply whilst being an ET.

Do ET even have living cells technically? Since they don't bleed or anything, I always kind of figured the only 'living' portion of them is the body used as the base and the DNA used to make them. I guess CR wouldn't even work on an ET person...Though I guess if an ET lives long enough, they could use the WSS. At the same time, the meta of this game basically invalidates the need for the WSS because everyone has infinite chakra anyway.

Edo Tensei can still bleed, salivate, secrete bodily fluids and display usage of blood-line limits that make use of living cells. However all of this happens under a certain and sometimes a specific circumstance, for example: As an ET, Itachi's eyes still bleed when he casts Amaterasu. Hanzo the Salamander still had access to a organ that secreted a deadly poison. Houzuki Mangetsu was given access to his blood line limit in the field of combat (4th Great War) and even displayed using it to drown that unfortunate opponent.

Personally I think you can't even use either one of those passive abilities as an ET, but like you pointed out with the meta these days; it's a broken system of chakra stats. I guess CS can be used as a field advantage to get that person out of a tight situation.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.